Vacaroja

77580: Ma'al Drakar (pic heavy)

Not bad, but I can see that you made a mistake there in hour 375. 

J/K, she's perfect...  Truly outstanding!  Makes me wish there was a reaction stronger than "Like" that I could click on.

Kang

Wow this is incredible. The detailed work on the scales speaks to the meticulousness of your work. I also love the ivory/cream shading of the white dragon color scheme!

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Awesome!  I love the white dragon head!

2 hours ago, Rogue1138 said:

Wow this is incredible. The detailed work on the scales speaks to the meticulousness of your work. I also love the ivory/cream shading of the white dragon color scheme!

I have to admit, I'm actually not 100% happy with the white one.  It took me the longest to finally just stop futzing with it and accept what it was.  I know I didn't want to go the usual blue/cool shaded white that I see most folks do.  So I used a stylized version of some natural resources for color choices instead.  I think it's the "chalkiness" of it, which I've heard can be an issue when painting white.  But everything on her was an experiment.  And in the end, I'm happy with the overall figure as I learned a lot doing it.

3 hours ago, Clearman said:

Beautiful work!

I'm curious to know what was used for the base though.

Base is an 11" wooden round plaque I bought at Michael's.

And thanks, everyone, for the compliments!

Edited by Vacaroja

I think this is one of the best painted dragons I have ever seen!

Absolutely amazing!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By peepster1976
      WiP, my vastaryous dragon from the Sword&Sorcery board game. Based on the big reaper bones 3 dragon on this forum.... Tail needs to become a bit darker... But happy with the color tones in the different heads and necks. 
      C&C more than welcome... 
      Grtzz

• By Citrine
      After 6 months of painting 4-10 hours a week on this monster, I am finally finished with Reaper Bones Ma'al Drakar 77580.  

WIP Here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78573-citrine-tries-to-tackle-maaldrakar-77580/&tab=comments#comment-1668344

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,
      here's a new figure I just finished, a Ral Partha figure from the eighties, a female warrior, kind of a bit barbaric, with axe and shield.  As Always, deciding just simple things like colors were kind of more time consuming than they should have been.  I did her hair black because I'd seen the same model very nicely painted and done blonde and didn't want to copy. This was sculpted by the great Julie Guthrie, sculpting goddess.

Also had no idea what color the shield should have been so eventually and randomly chose green!   Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By Maledrakh
      “Off to off the wizard”
      The figures are from Reaper Bones KS3, “Chronoscope Wild West Oz”.  Since they all were armed, I see this as a sort of hit squad, hence the title.
      I based them on 30mm round display bases from Reaper, and I 3d Printed a 20mm round in a similar style for Toto.
      Since not only the Tin Man, but also the flying monkey are obvious metal robots, I think “Weird West Oz” or even “Steampunk Oz” would be a more fitting moniker.

The miniatures are made in the slightly harder Bonesium, henceforth to be known as Better Bones™. Since the third Bones kickstarter, all Chronoscope Bones are coloured grey,
      The Flying Monkey, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow are sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, with Dorothy and Toto by Julie Guthrie. Only the Scarecrow seems to be released in Bones as of yet.

• By Sophie was taken
      Managed to completely paint this happy little guy up in short order:

Threw the base together last night to cure, but the actual painting time on this one was only a couple hours. 

I assumed that he’s meant to be floating on magical wisps of etherealness, but lack ethereal-colored paint. However, I have fire and lava colors, so I made it flames. C&C welcome, as always.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)