20 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Those almost look like dust covers for DVI ports.... 

And ingenious idea! 

yep thats the sort of thing that they were from helps having a friend in IT giving me loads of bits ::D:

• Like 3

I know it's already been said by everyone, but the work you've done on these is fantastic. They look beautiful! In a thoroughly-destroyed way. :lol:

I'm going to have to keep those models in mind... I wish the sellers on eBay would list whether it was a molded piece versus a 3D printed piece. :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking great, every step just gets better and better ... any plans for graffiti , rubbish  or abandoned defence positions? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2018 at 4:50 PM, Boaz said:

Looking great, every step just gets better and better ... any plans for graffiti , rubbish  or abandoned defence positions? 

Thanks, not sure about adding graffiti but I will so a few with makeshift defence positions and a  few rubble pile for streets and a completely demolished one to add in

• Like 2

On 4/15/2018 at 6:45 AM, canuckotter said:

I'm going to have to keep those models in mind... I wish the sellers on eBay would list whether it was a molded piece versus a 3D printed piece. :unsure:

I have gotten both styles from my purchases on Amazon. The molded ones are well designed and assembly is great asDoublesix66 has demonstrated. The 3D printed are a mixed bag---don't glue together easily and one of them I am trying to assemble doesnt even have interlocking tabs on the walls to get them roughly position d while trying to glue together. And this last one appeared to be molded from the pictures, but was actually printed. ...now I need to get some of these beautiful demolished units. ::):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      One of my favorite authors have a new KS project...  
      Because there just ain't enough slice of life or baking in modern Sci-Fi books...

About
      Years ago I wrote a science fiction story about two forever-friends, unlike in almost every way--species, backgrounds, temperaments, orientations--and how they came together in a relationship that would last through every tribulation, including an intergalactic war. When readers asked me how they met, I wrote their college story. When readers asked me what happened next, I wrote how they began their xenotherapy practice. I'm still writing about them, in fact, because they are, bar none, my readers' best loved couple.
      Their names are Jahir and Vasiht'h, and they are dreamhealers.
      Some people call their story an asexual romance, but whether you go for that or prefer 'forever besties', these stories are about growing up, making choices, figuring out relationships, deciding on what your life means--or should--and baking. A lot of baking. They are cozy slice-of-life novels, and there aren't a lot of novels like them in science fiction. If cups of tea are your cup of tea, you might enjoy checking out Book 1 and 2 respectively. There's an e-book reward tier; you can choose one of them! This Kickstarter in particular is to fund the print edition for Book 3, Dreamhearth, and possibly Books 4 and 5, Dreamstorm and Family, if we hit our stretch goals.
      I love space ships and aliens and epic war sagas. But science fiction has room for quieter stories about what you want to be when you grow up, and the thorny personal challenges of day-to-day life. If you also love spaceships and aliens but want a moment's respite... you might have come to the right place.
      Stretch Goals
      We've got plenty to look forward to this time, including the opportunity for two more paperbacks!
      Bookmark 1. At $750, we'll get Jahir bookmarks! Every print backer will get one! Dreamstorm paperback. At $1000, we'll hit the Dreamstorm stretch goal, opening new tiers! Bookmark 2. At $1500, we'll get the Vasiht'h bookmarks! All print backers will get both bookmarks! Family paperback. At $2000, we'll do a print edition of the final book in the series, Family, opening Yet More Tiers! Risks and challenges
      As much as possible I've streamlined this one so it takes very little by way of work. I've gotten very good at packing and shipping things!
      I think the biggest risks are:
      1. I get hyper and start throwing in prizes and things that I shouldn't because I like running myself to ragged shreds doing stuff;
      2. I get too perfectionist about the things and fuss them to death over millimeter differences in whitespace only I am going to care about.
      I think I'll be able to handle #2 since I've done OVER NINE THOUSAND of these Kickstarters. It's #1 you all are going to have to help me with. Sit on me if I start gibbering about something that sounds impossible, please?
    • By gamer321
      Stars Reach second kickstarter is live. Come see all the new spaceships that have been added. If you see something you like, feel free to back our project! Enjoy, and as always happy gaming! Here is a teaser pic, more models available! Link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twilightgamedesigns/1049132205?ref=452947&token=d5452280

• By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: Kickstarter is now Live!

"Hi everyone, we are back - and with a brand new Kickstarter!
      Later this week we are launching a Kickstarter featuring Viking and Anglo-Saxon ships, buildings and accessories - and we wanted to get the word out.

Yes...more ships! During the Kickstarter we'll be making some of our older ships and popular models available for a limited time as well as the new ones. Same designs - but now unpainted.
      To recap on our history: Last year we closed up our webstore and decided to pretty much quit making models. But after some thought we came up with the idea for a "Model of the Month" (MoTM) - evolve to go forward! Each month we make a brand new model available for purchase - we take orders, build and ship exactly that number, then "retire" the kit and move on to something else on the next month.
      We have been slowly building up customers and getting the word out there. Some models did better than others but what was clear to us was that we still enjoyed making models, just at a more relaxed pace. Only doing one model a month was way more enjoyable and because we could mass-produce more efficiently - it's also a better business model for us.
      Renaissance Miniatures has never been our bread and butter. We do okay on Model-of-the-Month and Kickstarters but the webstore was always more pain than gain.
      Then came our small Viking ship as one of our MoTM offerings. Vikings was a genre we had never done before but our ship models are always a favorite of customers. So, rather than spinning them out over months - lo and behold: A new Kickstarter featuring what a lot of people know us for..ships!

The Model of the Month is on hold right now while we get the Kickstarter running - but it'll start up again in a couple of months. But for now, the Viking Kickstarter is the main priority. Getting the models made and sent out to backers as quickly as possible.
      So please join us next week and follow along. Give us some feedback and lets make this fun again. We love talking with you guys. And we love having our models be involved with your enjoyment of tabletop gaming. Now....lets play!
      If all goes well, we'll launch the new Kickstarter on the 9th (this coming Friday)"
    • By Doublesix66
      Hello All,

I'm starting this thread to show my 10mm Warmaster armies that are currently done and the progress to finish them and the long just sitting there in a box LOTR Warmaster armies. I was inspired to have a look at this project again after seeing Lowylowlycook's 10mm LOTR armies that he's looking at putting together.

Currently this is its status
      Good

Evil
      some eastern figures which I bought (don't think they are available anymore)

and 2 boxsets of the original game.

as you can see quite a lot to do, but hopefully I can fit some of these units in my painting schedule this year
    • By Chaoswolf
      Dylan Blackzorn looked around at the engine room with an annoyed expression on his face. The raiders had caused a hell of a mess in there. A fair amount of damage, too from the looks of things. He signaled for the others with him to follow his lead; they needed to be sure there weren't any surprises waiting for them before they got to work bringing the various systems back online.

He flexed his fingers inside the energy glove on his left hand. In addition to being a great asset in the hand to hand combat they'd had to engage in with the raiders, it was also a powerful tool. With it, he'd be able to engage with the ship's engineering computer and ascertain what repairs were going to be necessary, as well as to dramatically shorten the time those repairs would take.

Time to get to it, he thought. The sooner they were out of this sector, the better.

He really does have a face, and it looks pretty decent in person....sigh.
      I'll have to go back and try to make it stand out a little more.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)