3 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Very nicely done!

Thx, I love vintage minis, this one was fun to paint!

• Like 2

Nice choice using this as a demon.  I didn't recognize the piece and really thought demon before knowing it was supposed to be a dragon man.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Nice choice using this as a demon.  I didn't recognize the piece and really thought demon before knowing it was supposed to be a dragon man.

Well, actually I took it from a BOGW some time ago and classified it as a Demon until I found it in my Grenadier Catalogue listed as a Dragonman.

The pose with the staff makes it more so IMHO.

So for me he will be a Demon Officer leading Undead.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

nice!

Thx Paul, glad you like the little fellow!

11 hours ago, haldir said:

Nice!

Reminds me of Draconians from Dragonlance.

Thx!

Grenadier had a whole bunch of these Dragonmen.

Mirlinton still has them.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheOldGuard said:

Looks great & it's nice to see some orange on a mini, it really suits him!

Thx,

I have used this skintone before on a Ral Partha Ogre and am now applying it to a large Dragyr in the Lost World Project.

• Like 2

Great choice of mini for an officer I think, he certainly emanates that aura of leadership.

And oh, very cool painting as well, as always! ^_^ 

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Darcstaar
      I have begun the best thing I can think of for myself to get through my Bones I stockpile.  I went to the Kickstarter page, took screenshots of the reward pictures, and am using it as a checklist.  I’ll be shooting for tabletop+.

First up is Cassie, gnome wizard.

Mold lines addressed, cleaned, and on a rudimentary base.

Primed with Brown Liner.
      Flesh tone base is Rosy Shadow.

Then working on eyes.
      Nightshade Purple and Linen White so far.
      And that’s all I got done today.

• By Vacaroja
      Going a little ambitious here as I've never tried doing this many multiples at once.  3 different old school army sets from the 80s and 90s.  From front to back we have Grenadier's Orcs of the Severed Hand, Grenadier's Ogres of the East, and some of Ral Partha's Gargantuan Orcz.

The last group is not a complete set, but random picks I got from Iron Winds Metal.  Though they're called gargantuan, they're not so much nowadays as can be seen when you compare them to a Bones orc.

Also, as they're random picks, some of them don't have all their parts, like the one above on the left is suppose to have a shield.  So big Bones over there made a sacrifice as I actually wasn't too keen on painting him anyway.

And this next guy is a standard bearer, but I don't have the standard.  So I put something together with a Reaper Weapons Pack piece and a GW skull.

• By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Wizkids owlbear. When you put the three together, they make a crazy singing group!

• Who's Online   48 Members, 3 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)