Sign in to follow this  
Geoff Davis

77191: Hydra

Wow that's a beauty and a fantastic base to boot

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

How did you make the base? 

I made a pile of pieces of thin wood to get the basic shape.  Then I covered it with plaster to get the form I wanted.  Painted with craft paint.  Glued on some grèen bits for plants.  I tried to make a pond at the front using Woodland Scenics water effects. I glued sand first to make the beach.  I followed the directions for the water effects from their video.  However the PVA glue dam I put on to contain the water effects (as per their instructions) turned white when I put on the clear goo.  You can see the white strip in the pictures.  Other than that the water effects worked ok.

Edited by Geoff Davis
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

I did this one as a speed paint for a D&D game at the last minute

Ok, I officially hate you now. ::P:

Seriously, this is absolutely gorgeous and I am truly envious. This guy is on my short term to-do list right now, so I really appreciate you showing this off to help me with some ideas. As I said, absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

That's cool, especially on that really nice base!  What are the base's dimensions?

8 inches by 3.5 inches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Ok so I had picked up both LTPKs with the intent of hopefully learning some new stuff. Now not that they aren't great resources for new painters, but I had already read most of what was presented in them through a variety of sources on here and through other blogs. So I sat on them. Then I decided they offered a good opportunity to try a few other techniques and decided to give it a shot. So in the basic kit, I'm going to try my hand at some NMM. We'll see how it goes. The Layer up kit I plan to use for OSL. Anyways... onto the painting.
      77042 - Orc Marauder
      I started with  the Orc Marauder thinking he'd be a little easier. Probably should have started with Mangu. I went ahead an documented all of my steps, in case anyone is interested in the parts before NMM. I tried to stick with the paints in the kit for the most part, but decided that once I get to the NMM I'm going to use 1 or 2 colors not included. Pics in the spoiler tag.
    • By Maglok
      So I have a high level campaign that I want to throw a pit fiend at near the end. I figured let's paint up Agramon! I had to go and challenge myself though. I want the lava of his base to object source light all of him! :D And then there is the fireball in his hand.
      At the moment I am still painting without OSL, he is not ready for that yet. His wings are not attached, nor is his fireball. The rest is attached and locked on the base though. I can still easily reach all of the model, but it will help me determine where OSL is needed.
      So without further ado, here is the current state of Agramon.
      And without his wings.

• By Schirf
      Overall pretty happy with how he turned out. 
      Would love any feedback for improvement...

• Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)