WITH most definitely; re, the Tree & Pumpkins place the miniature in an interesting, narrative setting. Together they are more than they would be as separate elements. 

• Like 3

I like it with the tree, but also agree that it might make the piece a bit cluttered.. too much going on with the base detracts from the mini itself unless you're going for a diorama-effect..

says the guy who can't do a diorama to save his life :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I like the tree too, but I'd reduce the number of pumpkins.  Too many orange pumpkins might draw attention away from Eve.  I'd think the same way about the colours used on the tree.  The tree should add to Eve rather than distract from her.  I'd therefore use something like a series of Walnut Brown-Blackened Brown-Earth Brown-Leather Brown and add the highlights to the tree in the direction facing Eve's lantern.  Same thing with the pumpkins.  I'd highlight them so they point back towards Eve as the source of light (her lantern actually), but without making them look brighter than her. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Any paint recommendations for the wood?

Take a good look at real trees!

Many people see a tree as brown while most of the time there is a lot of green and grey in it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Geoff Davis said:

I like the tree too, but I'd reduce the number of pumpkins.  Too many orange pumpkins might draw attention away from Eve.  I'd think the same way about the colours used on the tree.  The tree should add to Eve rather than distract from her.  I'd therefore use something like a series of Walnut Brown-Blackened Brown-Earth Brown-Leather Brown and add the highlights to the tree in the direction facing Eve's lantern.  Same thing with the pumpkins.  I'd highlight them so they point back towards Eve as the source of light (her lantern actually), but without making them look brighter than her. 

Could do ghost pumpkins?

• Like 4