FrostLocke

Bronze Dwarves

Been playing this silly board game with my siblings called Quartz where you all play dwarven miners who mine for valuable gems. The day marker that comes with the game is just a lame little yellow piece of wood, so I set out to find something better to replace it. Ended up settling on the pack mule with plans to paint it gold. Then for no reason whatsoever it occurred to me that maybe it would be fun for each player to have their own little dwarf character that does absolutely nothing in the game itself. So I added pretty much every Dwarf that Reaper sells to my cart as well. My goal was to paint the pack mule with Vallejo liquid gold and all the dwarves with a bronze-like metal paint. Below is the result, and keep in mind I have never painted before...

IMG_3283.jpg.4153604dc6340d1c30b72ac5bb9b662e.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg.fe9586a6da337fdd36cb628020fcbf37.jpg

You may notice that two of these are not dwarves. Well I would counter that by telling you that one of them is an undead dwarf brought back to life by the sheer need to mine fancy gems, while the other is a tavern wench who's legs I MAY have chopped off to make her dwarf height. So for all intents and purposes, she is a dwarf.

I used Vallejo Liquid Gold on the mule and MSP Dwarven Gold (mixed with varying amounts of MSP Dragon Black) on the dwarves. Also shaded them with MSP Sepia Wash then sealed them up with Vallejo Satin Varnish.

Oh and fun fact, if you want to add heft to a 32mm round base a sacagawea coin fits perfectly inside and adds just the right amount of weight. Also threw on a 32mm washer.

• Like 14

Cracked me up that you chopped the serving wench off at the knees! Fun idea for your game!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Cracked me up that you chopped the serving wench off at the knees! Fun idea for your game!

Ditto!  Legless, she makes a pretty decent dwarven serving wench

• Like 1