• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Impact Miniatures ran a Kickstarter earlier in the year and this Mocking Beast aka Mimic was one of the offerings.  My wife enjoys playing D&D Online with me (she's good at the puzzles and spotting treasure) and finds the mimics amusing, so I painted this for her birthday.

Mocking Beast face by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Mocking Beast front by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Mocking Beast back by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Hard to tell it was 3d printed, other than very fine lines on long oblique items like the sides of the tongue.  All in all it was a blast to paint.  Based it on a Litko 3mm plywood 25mm round and painted the stonework on.
    • By MojoBob
      I made these primitive runestones in Blender and printed them on my little 3d printer. I thought the first one was a bit boring, so I added a bunch of skulls around the base of the second for that cannibal-headhunter vibe.

They're on Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3010064

The miniature is from Reaper, the figure I use to represent my oldest (surviving) D&D character from back in 1981, Smirnoff the Huge and Ugly. There was one earlier character from my very first roleplaying session, but I don't even remember his name — he was blown to smithereens in that same session by being too close to an overly-curious halfling thief.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      A new kickstarter from the folks at Westfalia coming in August.

An interesting and somewhat different take on elves.
    • By NyarlaBcn
      The project I've been working on for the past two weeks: Ariel and Orion, queen and King of the wood elves from Warhammer fantasy setting. 
      Their background is quite simple actually, clearly inspired on Titania & Oberon of the fey people. Ariel is a mage, Oberon is the hunter. 
      I decided to paint them with opposite schemes: Ariel with an autumn palette (the flow of her dress made me regret it many times: it could have looked great in blue) and Orion with an spring one. Both are classic characters from Warhammer. Both metal models. Ariel's is really old: probably around 4th-5th edition; there was also an Orion model back then, but mine is the rework from 8th edition. While Ariel's original model shows its era aesthetics but it's still appealing, I thought Orion's original model was outdated and not that good. While painting them, Orion took a lot more time (a lot more), since it has a lot more detail. 

• By 2nd Dynasty
      We currently have a second Kickstarter live at the moment, entitled Starship II - 3D printable OpenLOCK-compatible Deck Plans. The campaign is already over 1300% financed, and we are working on the 8th Stretch Goal.
      If you have a 3D printer, these tiles can really bring your tabletop experience to life, with a strong influences from the designs of Rob Cobb and Kazutaka Miyatake.
      Unpainted PLA at 150 microns  
      Printed on a Flashforge Finder/Creator Pro  
      Unpainted PLA at 150 microns The Sets
      This campaign's featured sets are shown below (these are renderss).
      Stretch Goals Unlocked So Far
      We are now working towards these bonus floor tile types, a grate and plate style in I, S and E tiles  
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)