kristof65

Kristof's Elven Catapult

High on my list is wheels. Wheels of all sorts. Wagon wheels of various styles on up to various truck or tractor wheels. I can scratch build box shapes easy enough to make carts/wagons and vehicles but find wheels to be a pain. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zink said:

High on my list is wheels. Wheels of all sorts. Wagon wheels of various styles on up to various truck or tractor wheels. I can scratch build box shapes easy enough to make carts/wagons and vehicles but find wheels to be a pain. 

I'll note that solid wooden wheels are pretty easy to scratchbuild, either from stripwood or by adding texture to a simple sort of disk. Spoked wheels are trickier, of course.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, Zink said:

Maybe not the easiest to do, or even useful for what you are doing, but it does make nice wheels

Ketil

• Like 3

On 10/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, Zink said:

I haven't had much luck with wheels at these scales on my printer.  The resolution just isn't fine enough, especially when I have bed adhesion problem

Designing them in Fusion 360 is pretty easy though.  I might have to see if I can figure out a way to combine a 3d printed outer piece with the method @ketil linked to in that video. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      This is a test piece for some ruins I'm printing and assembling.  I may have gone a bit overboard on the vines.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      So finally, after many years of wanting one, I got a 3D printer for Christmas this year. This has much to do with the ever decreasing cost of them, especially the Creality Ender 3, which is what I got.
      This isn't so much about set up or using the printer (other than to say that Tom from Fat Dragon Games and his Tomb of 3D Printed Horrors made the whole process so so easy, his instructional videos on the Ender 3 made it all easy, and his Cura setup files for printing minis worked for me straight away) but the minis stuff I'm printing and (hopefully) painting.
      So, got the printer set up yesterday before going to a friend's for supper.  Later got the bed leveled (ish) and printed off one of the free models Fat Dragon gave away this year with their newsletter.

I used the stock print bed cover for this and it really stuck on quite hard.  I later snapped the head off the halberd trying to get it off.  Eventually had to heat  the bed up to get it to come off.
      So this morning I switched the the glass bed I'd ordered with it and got that all leveled.  Tested it out with another FDG skelly.

Nova Corps colour scheme test guy included for scale (he was the only thing within easy reach).
      I'm looking forward to cleaning these up, slapping some primer on them and seeing how they paint, but expect that will be a few days.

FYI, these skellies print out in a little over an hour.

Now on to something a bit more complicated, to see how it comes out.

This should make a 65mm talk bipedal "chicken tank". Design by Radek Szczepanczyk, available on MyMiniFactory for free.
      This will take about 8 hours to print.

• By Treadhead Rad
      Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a new campaign that I've just started:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1502793436/mav3rick-modular-3d-printable-tank-kit-in-28mm-sca

Featuring a snap-fit modular design, MAV3RICK is a 3D printable kit that can be configured into a number of different vehicle variants:

Take a look, I'd love to know what you think.

Thanks for looking!

-Treadhead Rad
    • By Westfalia
      Hi everybody,

Our Feral Lands campaign is going live on Tuesday, and I would like to share a draft since I always got valuable feedback in this forum.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/1220483270?ref=514475&token=8affa265

• By MojoBob
      I found this model somewhere on the internet, alone and uncredited, so I have no idea who made it or what it is or anything. People have suggested that it's a Kirby, whatever that is, with a human face pasted on.

I like it, and I'll print about a dozen of them, and make up some stats to use them in my D&D campaign in some way. I'm leaning towards some kind of waddling tar-baby critter, but we shall see.

The original model was only about 1.5mm tall, so I've rescaled it by 1500% to roughly 20mm.
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)