Darsc Zacal

Pacific Rim: Extinction - By River Horse games.

Kickstarter is now Live:

A miniatures boardgame with prepainted minis.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Live
  • Like 1

At 75mm, is “miniatures” really applicable still? -_-

Saw their Dark Crystal game at the comic shop today, the sculpts looked pretty good. If they can keep the level of detail up, this may end up quite nice.

Edited by Sophie was taken
  • Like 1

Now that my soon to be 15 year old has a job, I wonder if I should show him this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phew!  If the minis weren't prepainted then I would be in trouble!  I have no real interest in prepainted.

Looks cool but it's a pass for me. 

• Like 3

My husband will be so into this, Pacific Rim is his favorite move.

• Like 1

I know they're big and pre-painted, but easy pass for me unless they add more models to the core set.

• Like 2

Seconded. There's just not enough variety in the game to justify the price.

• Like 1

They have posted a new "all in" Pledge level for about $346.  They have also already decided on breaking up shipping into 3 waves.  Multiple waves of delivery has ne very warry.  It's like the death knell of Kickstarters for me.

the kicktraq data looks a bit 'off' at the momen

dailypledges.png
dailybackers.png

6 days of falling backer numbers but a huge cash influx today (so somebody's trolling very hard).
The overall project funding isn't in danger yet but the trend doesn't look promising especially if River Horse need the KS money to pay for the game (the actual funding target is clearly a low ball to get folk to back)
Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Cerberus Studios Logo Who are we?
      Hello and welcome to our Kickstarter.
      We are a small UK miniature design studio born out of a love for all things fantasy and the spark of an idea.  We wanted to create a world with a wealth of characters and storylines that immerse and captivate you... so for the last year we have been working on bringing the first of a large range of miniatures/characters to life. 
      We have been completely self funded to get to this point and will aim to move forward with the money raised to deliver our next selection of characters and beasts. It is our intention, with your help, to use any raised funds towards 3D printing, casting, packaging and the distribution of this range.
      The profits will go towards the realisation of a strong character cast, each developing into their own unique part in our story and becoming miniatures in their own right.
      If the kickstarter goes beyond our expectations we will expand, creating new miniatures, game designs, and employ more artists to help realise our world and bring it to you.
      Our World and Characters
      As with any good story you need heroes and villains and that's exactly where we started.
      All of these characters form the introductory model range to our story and miniature line up.
      Character Cast From left to right:
      The Veiled Emissary Lazarus The Kyrios The Slaver The Miniatures:
      Each of our cast are conceptualised and developed, blending backgrounds and storylines to link our characters. Using a talented team of artists, the artwork and 3D renders are created to build the foundation of the miniature we present to you.
      Each of our designs is prototyped using 3D print technology, allowing us to have highly detailed moulds for the resin miniatures that we hope you will enjoy.
      3D Printed example - The Veiled Emissary
      The Completed Renders & Miniatures for you
      Miniature 1- THE VEILED EMISSARY Our main villain: a 32mm resin highly detailed miniature
      The Veiled Emissary The Veiled Emissary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      The Tang dynasty was considered the first golden age of the classical and now iconic Chinese gardens. Emperor Xuanzong built the magnificent imperial Garden of the Majestic Clear Lake as an homage of life itself.
      Tang Garden is a Zen-like game that will take you to the first golden age of China, where players will progressively build a garden by creating the landscape, placing the scenery and projecting their vision through vertical panoramas. During the construction, noblemen will visit the garden to admire the surroundings and the way the natural elements coexist in the most breathtaking scenery humankind has ever laid their eyes upon.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Backing Templar's Forge: Miercendise is a great opportunity to get hold of some superb Mierce Miniatures merchandise or to ensure your Darklands hosts have all the gaming aids they need!
      Pledging for the Miercendise reward nets you one each of the following branded items (you can increase your pledge by the amount indicated if you just want those bits, or want to add more):
      T-Shirt (choice of S,M,L,XL,XL,XXL) - £20 Beanie Hat - £10 Pint Glass (568ml) - £10 Pint Tankard Glass (568ml) - £15 Jumbo Mug (465ml) - £10 Bottle Opener Keyring - £2 Black Pen - £2 Black Dry-Wipe Marker Pen - £2 Dice Pouch - £5 Stuff Pouch (ideal for both dice and templates, etc.) - £7.50 Tokens Tin (great for storing your order tokens, exult and dismay tokens in) - £7.50 3m Tape Measure - £5 A0 size Darklands Poster - £7.50 A0 size The Lands of Darkness Poster - £7.50 A0 size Concept Art Poster (the concept is your choice) - £7.50 If you purchase the Miercendise + Morag reward, you'll also get the strictly limited edition resin miniature Morag of Mann sculpted by Bob Plociennik!
      Morag of Mann, project exclusive hero! Morag is an adaptable sell-sword able to fight for any kindred with axe, harpoon or invocation! You can see her profile in the Sell-Swords Muster, here:
      Sell-Swords Muster v1.15 She'll come in a numbered blister pack, too - and be warned: purchasing this reward is the only way you'll ever get your hands on this Morag miniature. She'll never be available anywhere else, ever ever ever!
      Templar's Forge is Mierce Miniatures' hobby range and it produces a superb range of hobby products, including bases, dice, tokens, templates, markers and much more. This range is mostly intended for use with Darklands but it can be used for other wargames, and this project introduces some fantastic Mierce Miniatures merchandise too - what we call miercendise!

• By Chrome
      There's only a few days left in this KS, but I just realized that there's no thread for it here, and it looks like a great game. There's nothing in it to paint, but I know that a lot of people here are role-players, so I'm sure more than a few are interested in Shadowrun.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/shadowrun-sprawl-ops-boardgame/posts/2211021

(A 5-6 Player expansion and a Co-op Expansion are also available.)

• By Mckenna35
      Not sure how many here are wargamers, but these are pretty cool!  I have a number of them and they keep coming out with new designs.  Useful for a variety of games, or just a really different blanket.  

• Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)