Invisible Hobbit

Wait, what? Where did that hobbit go? I can swear he was here a moment ago!!

This is so cool, I cannot begin to properly praise it! Very awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the very kind replies.

I cant take credit for the idea. I have a couple of warhammer 40k Tau XV25 stealth battlesuits in an upcomming project, and googling around I found pictures of them painted like this. So I wanted to try it.

Hang on. Did you say cloak of invisibility or does that hobbit have a ring? A precious ring.....

That is flippin' awesome! Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I recently posted Rozmina, the Half-Orc Pirate from Derek Schubert.  Here is the other half-orc I was working on at the same time, but as this one had a lot more going on with armor and such, he took quite a while longer.  

Really cool mini sculpted by Bob Olley around 2003, large figure, good heft to him.  the only frustrating part on this one was the chainmail and trying to get all the paint into all those little holes, and I can see some spots where it didn't work quite like I wanted it to.  Also what color would you guys call his metals that aren't "steel" colored?  Referring to the hilt, the belt buckle, and that heart looking thing protecting his manly parts?
    • By DavePgh
      Been kicking around the idea of making one the Bones dragons into Smaug since there's so many choices of great sculpts. Therein lies the problem... Too many choices. I figure Cinder would be the obvious choice, probably the one I'm most leaning towards, but is there a better choice? I'd be leaning towards a more live-action look even though his wings are designed like a wyvern's. T'Raukzul would definitely have the grandeur I imagine Smaug to have, but the would put the project on an indefinite hold while we wait for it to hit retail. Thoughts?
    • By Mad Jack
       So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.
      Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.
      So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.
       I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.
       First up, we have some dwarves...
      EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.
      In the second pic, the first figure is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The second is a Citadel C06 Northern Dwarves pirate. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.
       I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...
    • By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.
      I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.
      All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.
      Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.
      This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.
      I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning all,
      so here's a Halfling rogue sculpted by Jim Johnson that was put out by Kenzer and Co., and rereleased by Ral Partha recently.  A nice little Hackmaster figure, enjoy him quite a lot, because he's pretty straight forward, kind of iconic-looking Halfling thief. And I've been doing so many greens and such, it was a departure from my woodsy colors, so went for a cloak the color of the Dutch flag and some purple pants.  Enjoy!

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)