Geoff Davis

Iron Wind Metals 67-025 Female Giant Warmain

Amazing NMM!  Honestly thought it was chrome paint to begin with.

• Like 1

That looks fantastic, like chrome paint indeed!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Ok so I had picked up both LTPKs with the intent of hopefully learning some new stuff. Now not that they aren't great resources for new painters, but I had already read most of what was presented in them through a variety of sources on here and through other blogs. So I sat on them. Then I decided they offered a good opportunity to try a few other techniques and decided to give it a shot. So in the basic kit, I'm going to try my hand at some NMM. We'll see how it goes. The Layer up kit I plan to use for OSL. Anyways... onto the painting.
      77042 - Orc Marauder
      I started with  the Orc Marauder thinking he'd be a little easier. Probably should have started with Mangu. I went ahead an documented all of my steps, in case anyone is interested in the parts before NMM. I tried to stick with the paints in the kit for the most part, but decided that once I get to the NMM I'm going to use 1 or 2 colors not included. Pics in the spoiler tag.
    • By Geoff Davis
      Iron Wind Metals Slassan [67-108]
      Another project from my shelf of shame, now trying to get it done in a rush.  I started this guy about a year ago.  He is one of the end bosses in my current D&D campaign.  I thought I had longer to get him done so I kept putting him aside.  Darn players keep making progress in the adventure though, so now I'm in a bit of a rush. 

Slight progress today.  Improved the painting stand he is attached to and he is much easier to hold now.  Also added another layer of blue.  He is going to be the ocean blues triad with red hair triad markings on his back and legs on a glowing dark purple base.  Colour wheel, please don't fail me now!

• By peepster1976
      Another attempt on NMM! 
      LIKED the miniature alotta! And because of my daughters I'm now painting more female miniature which I have done at all.. 
      Happy with the result. 
      Still big fan of the Bones 3 mini's

• By Darcstaar
      Hi everyone.
      Here is a mini I have been working on for several weeks.
      Lately, I am lucky to be able to paint a little every day.
      Unfortunately, it is only for 5-15 minutes at a time.
      This figure is part of my growing batch of options for my GM running us through the Pathfinder Adventure Path, Reign of Winter.
      I always thought blue, white, and gold were good colors together.  It is popular in many heraldic devices.
      I am most happy with this figure in terms of the following:
      The freehand wood grain of the axe, the outcome of the gold NMM on the belt buckle/hardware in front.
      Also, getting his eyes right in the recesses of his helmet.
      What I am least happy with is the runes along the white part of the tabard trim.  The area is too small to work with to really get good darklining around each rune, so they are a little indistinct.  Also, I tried to make each one its own independent polished gold SENMM.  I don't think it turned out too well, because it's just too small an area for each piece.  I tried it on the scabbard as well, which worked a little better.  But, this is the most confusing part of highly polished SENMM:  Do multiple pieces at different heights have their own horizon line?  I painted it as if they do, but am not sure that's realistic...
      Also, the transition of the cow horns on his helmet is a little washed out in the photo, but also very subtle in hand.
      Finally, one additional comment.
      I have seen a lot of posts about this figure comparing it to the metal version, and bemoaning a lack of detail in the BONES version.
      I really tried to bring out the life of this BONES model, because I personally feel that the sculpt is great, and the translation to BONES is very good.
      So, without further ado, here is my version of Sigurd, Viking, BONES 77399.
      Please provide C&C, especially as it pertains to the issues I brought up above.
      Thank you.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)