Doublesix66

Neo-Soviet Future 15mm Army in Progress (armies Army, GZG & others) (Pic Heavy)

Hi All,

I'm starting this thread to show the progress of a Neo-Soviet 15mm army I've been meaning to paint for quite a while .you know the feeling think thats great idea to collect but don't get around to starting them...

Heres the lot that will be painted up most of the Vehicles are from Armies Army (sold to Brigade & the Scene in the UK I believe) the BTR 160s & BTR 290s are nice as there are lots of variants APC's Ambulance, recovery vehicles etc which will work well for scenarios which we hope to play.

Time to get these out of Storage

Neosoviet_project

A lot of Vehicles

Neosoviet_tanks

Nice castings

Neosoviet_tanks1Neosoviet_tanks2

Heavy support from the QRF range

Neosoviet_tanks4Neosoviet_tanks5

Air support / transport (I think this was from the Critical Mass games collection)

Neosoviet_heli2Neosoviet_heli

Infantry (AA which I think Brigade has now)

Neosoviet_troopsNeosoviet_troops2

Extra bits such a crew, disembarked crew, machine guns, stowage to add to vehicles

Neosoviet_crewNeosoviet_stowage

Some GZG Robots to be used as mobile gun platforms

Neosoviet_crabs

So as you can see quite a big force I'll keep this thread going as I add to it over the year, I may add a couple  of more items as I have no proper tanks in the force and brigade models has now reproduced its 6mm range into 15mm

regards

'66'

• Like 10

Ok this was the 1st test run of the BTR160s APC versions from AA this will be the Camo scheme that I'll use throughout the Army.

base colours added

AA_BTR160-1

Tabletop finished could go back and do a little more with the vision slots and stowage & possibly some markings but it looks ok on the table for now.

BTR160s-1

BTR160s-2BTR160s-3

Next batch to do will alternate between these & the Cavs depending on what mood I'm in to paint :poke:

3_NS_newbatch

BTR160 Repair / supply Vehicle (Armies Army) nice as it can be used for either by swapping out the top of the trailer

4_NS_btr160_repair

BTR160 ADV (Armies Army) Who doesn't like some air defence 

5_NS_btr160_ADV

Now some Heavy boys which are actual Modern Soviet vehicles from QRF both heavy metal kits

An Akatsiya (Acacia) 152mm SPGH (x2) with a couple of extra stowage items added

6_NS_AKatsiya_152SPG6_NS_AKatsiya_152SPG2

A 2S19 MSTA 152mm SPG again a couple of bags camo nets will be added

7_NS_2S19_152SPG

7_NS_2S19_152SPG2

Thats all for now will add a couple of pictures as it progresses

regards

'66'

• Like 9

Not a lot to update on this project ATM, I've been working on my buildings but these have now been cleaned and undercoated and base colours added also decided not to do the 2s19 in this batch just kept it to 4 vehicles as the repair APC is almost like doing another vehicle as well. 

Ok finally made some more progress on this project, heres a group photo of the above items painted up I also did these slightly different from the 1st ones as the strips are thinner but I think I'll go back to the thicker strips for the rest of them as the 1st APCs look nicer to me that way.

8_NS_group

BTR160 ADV (Armies Army) Turret moveable

9_NS_ADV

BTR160 Repair vehicle with ammo/Fuel trailer top swaps out nicely (Armies Army)

10_NS_repair

10_NS_repair2

A pair of Akatsiya (Acacia) 152mm SPGH (x2) (QRF)

11_NS_arcadia152spg

Now for the next batch to be done

12_NS_group

BTR160 MGS (Armies Army)

16_NS_btr160_MGS

BTR 160 Katyusha 300 (Armies Army)

15_NS_btr160_katusha

BTR 160 Sk 'Oko' Drone Carrier

15_NS_btr160_drone

15_NS_btr160_drone2

BTR 290 PocoMaxa "Wolverine" (Armies Army)

16_NS_wolverine

16_NS_wolverine2

The extra machine guns have been added by me each vehicle still needs some stowage added to them also thinking of making a towing rope out of the brass wire I have in last picture as it looks about the right scale. Ive also left a couple of hatches open as I have some 1/2 figures as crew to stick in them will pin them so they can be removed or added as wanted.

thats all for now

'66'

Edited by Doublesix66
  • Like 10

Very cool project; you're making good progress with it, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2018 at 10:11 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Very nice.  The thinner strips look good, but I agree that the wider ones are even better.

Yep agreed nice to know that someone else sees it the same way, I've done a little work on the 'Wolverine' notice I had the gun on the wrong end on the original quick mock-up only when I was starting to work on it properly I realised it was the wrong way around.

The crew are on longer sticks than they will be just for painting thats why they seem to sit up in a few photos, some greenstuff stowage has been added to each side as well

16_NS_wolverine3

16_NS_wolverine4

16_NS_wolverine5

Sans crew

16_NS_wolverine6

Crew which can be put in or out of each of the vehicles when painted these are from Brigade Models in the UK

17_NS_crew

catch you all laters

'66'

• Like 7

Just waiting on the varnish to dry on this batch then I'll get some pictures up meanwhile here is the next batch that I'll be doing

4 vehicles and some repair & armed dismounted crews

18_NS_nextbatch

3x BTR290s APC's (AA now thescene)

19_NS_BT290APC

BDB525 mustox armoured car (AA now thescene)

20_NS_BDB525mustox

Armed dismounted crew (brigade models)

21_NS_armedcrew

repair dismounted crew (brigade models)

22_NS_repaircrew

As usual I'll add a little stowage on them to make them a little different.

regards

'66'

• Like 6

Ok Varnish has dried these are the pictures for the 3rd batch done came out a little darker than I wanted but overall quite happy I'm happier with the slightly thicker stripes that I've done with these I'll be doing this for the rest for sure.

24_NS_3rdbatch

Separate crew can be placed in hatches as needed or just for show

23_NS_crew

BTR 160 Sk 'Oko' Drone Carrier (Armies Army now thescene)

25_NS_btr160_drone

BTR160 MGS (Armies Army now thescene)

25_NS_btr160_MGS

BTR 160 Katyusha 300 (Armies Army)

27_NS_btr160_katusha

BTR 290 PocoMaxa "Wolverine" (Armies Army) with crew in place and last one without to show the difference 

28_NS_wolverine

28_NS_wolverine2

28_NS_wolverine3

Thats all for this update I must admit I really liked the way the Wolverine came out its a nice model to paint and looks good on the table.

regards

'66'

• Like 6