I have been busy but not posting threads recently. I have been using a range of models to play Lions Rampant and Dragon Rampant. For this I have used a combination of Bones and other figures. 

As I don’t have enough archers, I have opted to use some of the add on models from the Black Plague Kickstarter. 

First up is the paint scheme I opted to use. 

The idea is they are what remains of a lords retinue hence the uniform. 

at present I am painting up a batch of six models. 

The last phot shows base colours still being applied. Further highlighting takes places prior to a wash of Agrax Earthshade. 

As as always comments welcome. 

• Like 16

Those are among THE COOLEST Deadites I have thus far seen. The paint scheme you chose is OUTSTANDING.

This will be a fine thread to follow for its inspirational value. Have FUN with them all!

• Like 1

Terrific Sculpts !!!

They have real personality, and are each unique !

Really like the color scheme !!!

Well Done !!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. These models have been on my painting tables for weeks whilst I decided on the scheme. I am glad it appeals to others. 

Progress has been made on these although a bit slower then I would have hoped. But the remaining five zombie archers are painted similar to the first. 

Now all that is left is a coat of varnish and to sort out the base. 

The next batch is now on the painting table along with a few other models. 

First up up is a selection of zombies. These have been under coated black to hide an earlier attempt at painting them by my five year old son. 

also included is a larger zombie I had forgotten I had started to paint. 

as always comments welcome. 

Edited by Edsterdoom
  • Like 11

Noo why did I open this thread, now I'll have to paint my Black Plague minis up now I've seen these done.

But seriously nice paint job on the skeleton archers they are nice sculpts looking forward to seeing the rest of them getting finished.

• Like 1

Well the hulk zombie is now complete. Happy with the tabletop standard. 

And here is a group shot of the work done so far. 

A few tufts on the base and they will be ready to use. 

As always comments welcome

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Silvervane said:

I like the idea that the Zcide abomination  (bulking zombie) grew so large it's skin ripped.

They are really nice sculpts as well. Plenty of detail for tabletop. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal

"Humans came to PK-L7 in search of high powered fuel. They found it with Xenium, a dark, oily compound deep below the planet’s surface. But they found something else too. The Xenos attack was brutal and unrelenting, and they’re still coming. On April 10 at 3pm EST, Zombicide: Invader is coming to Kickstarter. Follow the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for regular updates on the Survivors, Xenos, Equipment, and Environments of this interstellar battle for life, and look for our interview with the Zombicide: Invader design team later this week. Grab a weapon, barricade the doors, and prepare to be invaded."

Zombicide:Invader is a cooperative game where 1 to 6 players face Xenos, an unfathomable swarm of infected Xenos controlled by the game itself. Each player takes on the role of 1 to 6 Survivors in a sci-fi setting being overwhelmed by these Xenos. The goal is simple: choose a Mission, complete its objectives, kill as many Xenos as possible, and (most importantly) survive!
      Survivors will fight Xenos, rescue each other, recover vital data, unveil dark secrets, and much more! Survivors can be Civilians or Soldiers, each with specialized Skills. They all play together as a team, trading Equipment, and covering each other. They use whatever weapons they can get to kill Xenos and slow the invasion. The better the weapon, the higher the body count, but the more Xenos will appear, attracted by the onslaught! Survivors must also be mindful of their location as conventional weapons work fine indoors, but the planet’s oxygen-starved surface, they’ll need to arm themselves with more specialized weaponry… Lasers, anyone?
      Most of the time, Xenos are predictable, but there are a lot of them and they use nasty tactics not encountered in previous Zombicidegames. Only through cooperation can players achieve the Mission objectives and win."
      I haven't backed a CMoN kickstarter in a awhile, but I think this one might tempt me depending on what the minis and gameplay are like.
    • By Genghis_Sean
      Painted alternate Zombicide: Black Plague heroes for my nephew and niece for Xmas this year.  They had borrowed the heroes for several weeks to play with on my brother's board, but I asked for them back eventually.  I decided to go ahead and paint them and give them as gifts today.  Thanks to whoever the genius artist was whose color scheme I copied for Persephone.  I suck at paint schemes, so I almost always have to copy.  Black Currant was mainly mine as I largely chose a black scheme since the pic on his card didn't have much black in it.  I wanted my Black Currant to actually BE black, so I chose almost all dark coloring. 
      I'm still a journeyman painter, so I don't usually highlight, but I experimented with highlight streaks in Persephone's hair and I thought it came out pretty well, so I'm learning.  I just wish I had more time to paint.

• By Genghis_Sean
      Journeyman painter here still struggling to paint when I don't have someone choose the colors for me.  I'm trying to paint a Zombicide: Black Plague add-on hero named Black Currant, but I don't like his color choices.  I want to make him mainly black so he's more worthy of his name.  I want to nail the fur part of his cloak, though.  I see some guy painted it with Skavenblight Dinge, but that looks to be some form of grey, to me.  I'd rather it look more like fur, so I thought I'd paint it something dark and then dry brush it with something else.  Anybody have suggestions or know of a good guide?  Also, I'd welcome suggestions for the cloak color to go with dark black plate mail.  Not really feeling the purple.

• By Genghis_Sean
      Used mold #344 from Hirst Arts to craft walls for my Zombicide: Black Plague game to take my game 3D.  Going to try it tomorrow night after we meet friends to decorate Christmas cookies with the kids.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)