Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know You, Mar 2018

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 13th of March:  How do you spend an unexpected day off from work? (snow day, road closed, whatever)

Sleep in, snuggle with the wife, watch tv, play with kids and hopefully something hobby related.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Why would a closed road stop anyone? 

Where I grew up in the Rockies, the roads had 3 condition statuses:

1) open

2) chain law (snow chains required - and a hefty fine if you got stranded without them on the vehicle)

3) closed due to weather

oh.. and construction.. but that was anytime #1 was in effect and the topsoil wasn't frozen..

Where I live now, there are barriers at the entrance to the interstate where they can theoretically go from #1 to #3, but I've never seen (or heard of them being) used and snow chains are illegal on roadways.. 

• Like 6

Question the 13th of March:  How do you spend an unexpected day off from work? (snow day, road closed, whatever)

And to actually answer the question.. 

go for a run

paint a bit

snuggle with the wife (assuming she has the day off too)

• Like 6

Should I be trapped at home, it's usually hobbying and Netflix. If I'm still mobile, then heading to the FLGS has become my standard practice.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Its been years since I last had one of those.  I was snowed in and I couldn't go anywhere, so I probably played video games or something.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

History shows I stay home and watch TV, surf the web, etc.

If it's because of a snow day, expect shoveling.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Usually it's catching up on paperwork, household chores, and (hopefully) hobbying.

Now, it's sending out resumes, and scrolling through job sites.

• Sad 5

10 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

This actually tends to happen with semi-regularity (i.e. once every year or two).  During monsoon season, we will sometimes get hit with a typhoon and if its severe enough, we get the day off!

Historically, I end up playing video/board games or painting. ::D:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

10 hours ago, Clearman said:

Spend it on the Reaper Forum of course! 

Wait, that's every other day too...

Paint, binge some TV show I've been meaning to get to... 

• Like 2

I had the night off work tonight due to a storm.  I should be painting.  I need to paint.  Must paint!  But power is out.  So sad.  I actually spent 20 minutes in the dark sorting through unopened miniature blisters looking for new projects because my shelf of shame is starting to look too thin. Too bad OSL won' t actually light up the miniatures.  I'm going back to sit at my painting desk and weep in the dark now.  

Ps longest 'snow day' I ever experienced was a three day blizzard in the arctic in 2001.  Whole town shut down due to high winds and extreme windchills.  

Edited by Geoff Davis
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The only unexpected days off I've ever had have been because I was sick. In which case I spend the day sleeping, whining, and drinking soup. Not real fun.

• Like 2

Question the 14th of March:  Do you have any old school minis in your painting queue? (I’m arbitrarily defining old school as being released more than 20 years ago)  If so, what is/are it/they?

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 14th of March:  Do you have any old school minis in your painting queue? (I’m arbitrarily defining old school as being released more than 20 years ago)  If so, what is/are it/they?

Yes/no.

I have lots of old school minis, but I don't have a painting queue; I paint stuff as the mood strikes me.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I have a few old minis, but I don't have any plans for painting them at the moment. Right now most of the minis I'm "working on" are pumpkins.

• Like 8