Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Hanseth Dimguard, Cleric 03469

Whipped this guy up for a cleric character that I'm playing this weekend.  The fig itself is awesome. The free hand on the cloak is all nonsense, just felt like adding a little extra with all of the empty space provided on the back. I might go back and repaint it once I flesh out the character more.  Critiques and advice always welcome!

20180301_092251.jpg

20180301_092332.jpg

• Like 13

Good job!

C&C---I think doing a little something (add some dirt/grass/small bushes/etc) with the base would make him look a lot better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So here is one of the more interesting figures I've seen in a while, and a bit unusual. This is from the Hackmaster series that Ral Partha acquired and currently offers, sculpted by Bob Olley.  She is a female dwarf cleric, and as was mentioned somewhere way back when in the Lord of the Rings if I recall originally, she is a bearded female dwarf. Now I'm not going to pretend that she is a beauty to behold, but I think she's an extremely cool little lady, who would probably shove that hammer up into where she sun no longer shines.  

I probably would have finished her sooner, but I always run into that issue of what colors to use. This started from the color of her beard all the way to virtually the end when I had to decide on a color for her mace haft.  Do you give her "feminine" colors or do you just make her kind of generally grungy browns, blacks and greys?  So I ended up going with colors, and couldn't resist throwing some pink in there.

Not a new figure, sculpted I'm guessing around 2003. As I detached her from her temporary base and looked at the bottom, there wasn't a year on her, but I think most of t he Hackmaster pieces were done in the early 2000's.

So anyways, enjoy!

• By dunker79
      Hey there Reaper people! here is my take on Bjorn, Dwarven Warrior using NMM. This was painted late last year and is currently being used as a test subject for the new backdrop and my new phone camera. I hope you like it. C&c always welcome. Enjoy.  

• By Cyradis
      This little guy is going to a friend. The example on the Dark Sword website has his hat as a weird helmet and the dagger as metal. I saw the hat as a silly hat, and the dagger as a pair of porcupine quills. 
      I attempted to get the fur/prickles roughly accurate for a hedgehog, which means that the back has really severe shading - the base is dark on their prickles, but with pale tips. I also freehanded a little slogan on the hat strap. 

Oh! And his knapsack strap only extends across his front. No cloak for it to be under in the back.... and there was no strap. So I attempted to green-stuff a back strap for his bags so that it made sense. 

He was fun and cute. 

• By Sophie was taken
      A random old figure picked up for cheap to practice layering and other things on. Feedback appreciated:

FLGS had a couple of these guys priced at $10. This one, however, was marked half off and sold for $3. I guess that’s how math works. Anyway, I wasn’t able to find pictures of the assembled figure online, so I’m not sure if it is the complete sculpt. 

The top and bottom halves were separate pieces. This pose seemed the least wrong, or at least made the two halves fit together the closest.

Several firsts (for me) going on here. Aside from some of my old Hero Quest figures, this was my first non-Reaper mini. It was also the first slotted mini, which required my first attempt at creating a base out of green stuff. I think it turned out all right, but it’s definitely something I’ll need to practice. Comments and critiques appreciated!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so in my continuing series of old school minis that I painted in the eighties and recently, I've just finished up another one. I've been concentrating on Grenadier figures for this, as this is what we had back then in the day.  I just finished this one last night, and the original one I'd painted probably somewhere between 1982-1986, probably closer to 1982.  I think that the original one if I recall correctly actually came with the mace broken off, which apparently at the time didn't disturb me and I painted a cleric with a little stick in his hand.  

and here these two merry round bellied gentlemen are side by side:

One of the odder things on this figure was originally I didn't even notice that his foot that was visible was actually a bare foot. I painted his foot as if he were wearing a red shoe.  Looking back too at these miniatures with the advent of the Grenadier/Mirlton Kickstarter, wondering if I might participate.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)