lexomatic

Infinite DImensions Games: Whitewood Abbey Kickstarter

Some friends are doing this, under their Infinite Dimensions Games, though I'm not involved. The Kickstarter will take place in March and is for digital files for 3D print. If I remember correctly there are no physical rewards. While people should hold off until the details of the crowdfund are released, my understanding is that the core set is done, any stretch goals will pay for the labour of doing the design/sculpting of those items only, so the core set would be ready as soon as funding period is over. 

They have a Facebook and Instagram and more for lots of previews (but I'm not linking because I'm not sure what on those sites will break forum rules), and if anyone is attending BreakoutCon this year in Toronto, they will be there displaying.

Edited by Darsc Zacal

This has been funded.  New art (behind spoiler) revealed for future stretch goals.

Interior furnishings stretch goals are funded.

There is talk of a painting guide/tutorial

Spoiler

4ea8279c711788fcdc452b259a26fd80_origina

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Baphomet69 said:

I’m in on this. The models are beautiful!

Did you happen to see them live at Breakout?

In case people are curious, there's a freebie sample up for a little while on thingverse. I don't think I can link to it for commerce policy, but the link is in the most recent update  (along with interior texture pics and other things)

Just wanted to let you all know about a kickstarter I've recently launched to fund the release of Wightwood Abbey: a 3D printable, fortified medieval monastery.  The core set come with a gatehouse, stables, scriptorium, abbot's house, church and surrounding walls; plus we've already unlocked a bunch of stretch goals. If you're into gaming terrain and have access to a 3D printer (or are interested in 3D printing!) I invite you to come take a look at what we've created. :)

Thank you!

abbot's house printed small.jpeg

abott's house assembled small.jpeg

abott's house 2 small.jpeg

• Like 3

This looks familiar...  Ah, that's why, it was hiding on page 2.  Looks like a friend had started a post about it for you :)

It's definitely a nice looking Abbey!

• Thanks 1

I'm backing this too, and hoping that it gets a bit more traction. The buy-in was pretty reasonable; I figure I pay about $15/building for any nice quality structure of a decent size, and the Abbey includes 5 of them (two of which look ridiculously massive - the Scriptorium and the Church), plus walls. However, it's the stretch goals a little further down the path that I'm hoping they can achieve. The artwork for the rookery tower looks cool, and the ancient shrine has the potential to be absolutely epic.

I don't think this project has the ground support to reach the critical mass necessary to get really deep into their potential stretch goals, which is a shame, as I'm curious about the treatment they'd give the hostel and brewery. Hopefully they do well enough to support the production of these later if they aren't unlocked, or perhaps result in a second KS project later to expand the abbey.

~v

• Like 1

Closing in on Historic Sites stretch goals. Might be worth if for me to get in on the full deal to help push it towards the stuff I mostly want.

Though if anyone has ever wanted to play in Candlekeep, this might be the closest thing.

• Like 1

The interiors are looking really nice on these pieces. They seem to easily be on-par with Printable Scenery's work, which I've been really pleased with now that I'm starting to print their Winterdale stuff. I think all of this 3D printable terrain is really going to push me forward on playing Frostgrave more often.

~v

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno-0?ref=discovery

About
                                        1 CHF = 0,88 EUR = 1,02 USD
      Through this project we want to expand our new series of collectibles miniatures inspired by The Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's poem, the book that recounts about the mystical and fabulous journey that the italian poet Dante Alighieri accomplished through the three realms of the afterlife: INFERNO, PURGATORIO and PARADISO.  
      Last year we have completed an amazing campaign here on Kickstarter dedicated to the launch of the first figures of this new series. The welcome that the project received was exceptional and many backers asked us about the characters of the poem of Dante Alighieri that we didn't produce during the first wave of releases. Well, in this campaign you'll find the expansion: a second series of figures inspired by The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri is ready to be produced, they are just waiting your support.
      1. You'll get the NEW miniatures of Dante's Inferno series several months before their official launch: these figures are NOT going to be released soon!!  
      2. Our designs are unique, we take care carefully about every detail of our productions in order to offer you the most spectacular miniatures for your collection.  
      3. Geryon is KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE, it means that this creature won't be available in the future! This Kickstarter is your only chanche to get it.  
      4. The other amazing figures will NOT have the same price when released: their price on Kickstarter is the cheaper price.  
      5. You're a fan of Aradia and your support will allow this company to continue to bring out fantastic models and dioramas - real pieces of art.  
      6. We have already managed successfully 2 Kickstarter campaigns in the past and intend to stand for it in the future.  
      7. We are equipped to produce high quality resin miniatures in large quantities and ship them in a reasonable time.  
      8. Returning Backers receive extra bonus.  
      9. You'll have the possibility to buy Add-Ons from previous series of Dante's Inferno at Kickstarter prices and get freebies.  
      10. You'll be part of a fantastic adventure to make this project reality for us all, keeping alive this unique miniatures series based on The Divine Comedy: Dante's Inferno.
      There are 2 kind of backers for this campaign, the old heroes who already descended to Inferno and are not afraid to return in that gloomy place and the new heroes who are descinding right now.  
      We have planned, for some add-ons, 2 different prices: one for "returning backers" and another one for "new backers".  
      - RETURNING BACKERS = Backers who already backed our first campaign of Dante's Inferno during 2017 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno  
      - NEW BACKERS = Backers who are backing Dante's Inferno for the first time  
      ALL THE BACKERS OF THIS CAMPAIGN WILL BECOME AUTOMATICALLY "RETURNING BACKERS" IN THE NEXT ARADIA KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN, BEING ABLE TO ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF "RETURNING BACKERS".
    • By Lidless Eye
      Some more 3D prints for my recent Dungeons & Dragons games.

First is my fiance's Half-Elf Warlock, designed by HeroForge and printed on my Ender-3.

Next, a Goliath Barbarian in the same game, the file was designed by the talented Miguel Zavala/DM Workshop.

Last is the infamous Strahd von Zarovich, printed for our recently finished "Curse of Strahd" campaign.  This design was also by Miguel Zavala.

• By Lidless Eye
      Adding even more to my Thundering, here's a duo of Giants designed by the talented Duncan Shadow Louca.  I printed and painted them.

The Frost Giant.

Here he is with his compatriot, who I had posted earlier.  Smart reuse of parts.

The Fire Giant.

• By Lidless Eye
      A set of Orc Shamans recently released through Duncan Shadow's Patreon.  All were printed on my Ender 3.

My favorite of the batch, the, ahem, "Vomit Mage".  The design was apparently inspired by the Warhammer Ogre Firebelly, who has always been a favorite of mine.  This was my first print using clear filament:

The most generic looking of the Shamans.

The corrupted Warlock.  I think I'll call him Dan.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)