Started on these this week, thought I'd throw them up before I went to bed. C&C always appreciated, especially on the antelope, I'm having a hard time think what I could do to improve it, but I think it was too easy to get it looking that good. Underside of the antelope is still a wip, BIGTIME, I've barely started on it. I mean the gorey sinewy muscle for the tips to make better.IMG_20180303_164130.thumb.jpg.d4874b5dcd485599558f208be1b68648.jpg

IMG_20180303_164138.thumb.jpg.ba29df5aa3de9c5cdfe6f5795f0873ff.jpg

IMG_20180303_164618.thumb.jpg.57b5cd2ce98ae24d099ce85cbf8a8336.jpg

KDM story spoilers ahead...

Spoiler

Kingsman, fought at year 6 because he was trying to kill one of our warriors. Resulted in our first death via combat, loss, and TPK. Best session yet, super great.

As for painting, started picking out the faces and hands in gold to see how it looked...

IMG_20180302_165438.thumb.jpg.512d76a574a93d3b00aa70ca8541b612.jpg

Not gonna lie I was a bit disappointed when I looked up other paint jobs for him and found that the gold emboosed areas wasn't a unique Idea I had. >:(

Ah well, everything under the sun and all.

• Like 8

More work done on both but Pictures of the antelope top side.washed with purple then brushed over with quinacridone red transparent. Coat was a mix of burnt sienna base, shading up to yellow ochre via drybrushing, with a black wash somewhere in the middle.

IMG_20180308_165944.jpg

IMG_20180308_165957.jpg

IMG_20180308_170051.jpg

IMG_20180308_170123.jpg

• Like 5

Some work done on the Kingsman over the last few weeks, here's an update.

IMG_20180313_084900.jpg

IMG_20180313_084909.jpg

IMG_20180313_084922.jpg

IMG_20180313_084930.jpg

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE NYARLATHOTEP IN THE BACKGROUND

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I love this figure.
      Not so much the bendy weapons, but I straightened them out.
      They have bent back a little (Sword).

I did a WIP on him.  Thanks for the encouragement along the way.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80720-kord-the-destroyer-bones/

He is another for our Reign of Winter Adventure Path.  My DM said "Vikings."  Kord has that vibe for sure.

I tried to paint the base like grass.
      The hardest part was the nmm on the axe, and trying to get the runes to show up on the sword.  It's a very irregular axe shape, so it was tough to figure out how to do it.
      My green stuff patch job on the wolf pelt was not the greatest, but it is decent enough camouflage.
      The second-hardest part of the figure to me was figuring out what parts of the pelt were what.  What is tail? What are legs?  I did my best.
      Overall, I'm pleased with him.  He seems like such a bad-a$$.
      As for the pics, iPhone seems to be good for far away, but really "blobby" for up close.  Maybe it is suffering from zoom.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ccgames/war-titans-invaders-must-die-1?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery

About
      War Titans is a cooperative game in which 2 to 4 Players face waves of Invaders controlled by the mechanics of the game itself. Every Player acts as the Pilot of a Titan, a powerful combat robot capable of facing the menace of the giant monsters. The aim of the game is to close the Rifts which the monsters are coming from and destroy as many Invaders as possible, trying to avoid flattening out the whole planet in the process!

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      A few weeks ago I began to perceive subtle changes heralding the return of my favorite time of year. Fortunately it also brought with a return of my motivation to paint. Over the course of time I've managed to amass many 20s of horror and undead minis so what better way to get into the season than start actually painting some of them. 

I picked this up at Goodwill some months ago with the idea of having it be a home for the witches. The original painter did a pretty good job on it, but I'm going for something a bit more Charles Addams .

So it got a coat of Pavement Grey craft paint.

Here we have batch 1. The wraith, wolf, lich, vampire, and tomb are all from the Bones 3 Graveyard set and the two beastmen I picked up from the discount bin at Reaper HQ last year. The wraith was previously coated in black and at some point I added a brown wash for unremembered reasons.

Here's everyone after Dirty Bone and Stormy Grey have been applied. The chimneys of the house had it drybrushed on as did the tomb. While base coating the others I noticed that for unknown reasons the Stormy Grey is acting odd, thinner than it ought to be out of the bottle. I'm not too concerned about it as I've had this bottle for a long time and I think it went thru one temperature change too many, as well as perhaps age catching up with it. The wraith didn't receive any because of this and because even someone like myself who abuses the grey spectrum with overuse on a regular basis gets burned out some. So I'm holding off on him for a little while.
      Now it might be asked what the beastmen are doing in a Halloween themed thread, but witches and goat headed creatures go together quite often in both art and legend. So they'll be acting as bodyguards for the witches of a more infernal type. 
    • By BruceDuty
      I was asked to create a chess set using fantasy figs, and here are some of the figs I used from Reaper.  It was fun but 32 figures is a lot of work!  Let me know what you think.
      Used 60022: Karzoug, Runelord of Greed , 02582: Queen of High Elves, 02525: Murkillor, Wraith King ,  60075: King Castruccio Irovetti , 89013: Ezren, Iconic Wizard, 77496: Eilluvasheth, Succubus Queen

• By ThirstyBob
      This is the unlocked class with the Sun icon. If you do not want spoilers stop reading now.

---------------------------------------------

I was wanting some c&c, if I could get it, on several areas. The mouth and the base are the main ones, so if anyone has any critique for those that would be helpful. I'm also thinking of highlighting the gold armor a bit more, any thoughts?

• Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)