Started on these this week, thought I'd throw them up before I went to bed. C&C always appreciated, especially on the antelope, I'm having a hard time think what I could do to improve it, but I think it was too easy to get it looking that good. Underside of the antelope is still a wip, BIGTIME, I've barely started on it. I mean the gorey sinewy muscle for the tips to make better.IMG_20180303_164130.thumb.jpg.d4874b5dcd485599558f208be1b68648.jpg

IMG_20180303_164138.thumb.jpg.ba29df5aa3de9c5cdfe6f5795f0873ff.jpg

IMG_20180303_164618.thumb.jpg.57b5cd2ce98ae24d099ce85cbf8a8336.jpg

KDM story spoilers ahead...

Spoiler

Kingsman, fought at year 6 because he was trying to kill one of our warriors. Resulted in our first death via combat, loss, and TPK. Best session yet, super great.

As for painting, started picking out the faces and hands in gold to see how it looked...

IMG_20180302_165438.thumb.jpg.512d76a574a93d3b00aa70ca8541b612.jpg

Not gonna lie I was a bit disappointed when I looked up other paint jobs for him and found that the gold emboosed areas wasn't a unique Idea I had. >:(

Ah well, everything under the sun and all.

• Like 8

More work done on both but Pictures of the antelope top side.washed with purple then brushed over with quinacridone red transparent. Coat was a mix of burnt sienna base, shading up to yellow ochre via drybrushing, with a black wash somewhere in the middle.

IMG_20180308_165944.jpg

IMG_20180308_165957.jpg

IMG_20180308_170051.jpg

IMG_20180308_170123.jpg

• Like 5

Some work done on the Kingsman over the last few weeks, here's an update.

IMG_20180313_084900.jpg

IMG_20180313_084909.jpg

IMG_20180313_084922.jpg

IMG_20180313_084930.jpg

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE NYARLATHOTEP IN THE BACKGROUND

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      So much character!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1088767957/the-fantasy-four?fbclid=IwAR09EoT-b_4GyJNx1Hu_FeFY1YJAljudb5kYmGrq4iLtUWNVYYLO9yjDxJg
    • By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Painting Miniatures
      I took photos from start to finish on this project. The horror theme wasn't originally intended but sort of came to be when I noticed the dragons blood red!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Fighter (Echoes of Death version), she's a Kingdom Death: Monster re-imagining of their existing The Fighter mini, who, in turn, was Kingdom Deaths take on a generic fighter class character.

Quite pleased with this one. She took a while as I kept finding bits I'd missed hiding under her hair, and I rushed her shield in the end (it needs at least one more highlight, but my hands have been really shaky recently and I didn't want to mess it up) so I may put a bit more work in at a later date.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      Didn't see a topic for this one, and thought there might be some interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rocketpiggames/tilescape-gothic-city-3d-printable-modular-buildin?ref=profile_starred

About
      Tilescape 2.0 is a modular building system which allows for the ultimate customization of terrain. With our system you will have total control over your structures. There are several unique possibilities for your floors, streets, buildings (inner and outer walls), accessories, and roofs.
      ~ Intuitive/fast building single piece tile system  
      ~ Modular vertical walls insert-able walls/posts/columns
      ~ Insert-able doors and windows 
      ~ Insert-able accessories and decorations (curtains, traps, etc)
      Gothic City is the newest completely customizable terrain project from Rocket Pig Games. We provide you with the .stl files and you bring them to life on your 3D printer. It utilizes our Tilescape 2.0 building system which features totally modular building components from the ground up! 
      ~ Universal and Versatile Set will work well with many types of gaming!
         (Call of Cthulhu, Iron Kingdoms/WarmaHordes, Malifaux, DnD, Steampunk,       Victorian/Gothic settings, etc) 
      ~ The Biggest Lovecraftian/Gothic horror monster miniatures ever made! 
      ~ The most complex roof system available anywhere!
      ~ Make unique buildings in any shape and size!
      ~ Only modular system that has authentic medieval overhanging building
         floors.
      ~ The Gothic City Streets Core set also makes an a very good Dungeon tile-set.
      ~ Gothic City supplies everything you need to create a full medieval or
         Industrial Fantasy city!
      ~ Our unique and varied wooden floor planks, whimsical stone alleys, and brick streets can be used in their traditional way or as building interior floors, pathways, or balcony flooring. 
      Gothic City Buildings & Streets Limitless options for building shapes, types, and sizes! Make amazing streets and ally-ways with unique tiles! Create villages, cities, or forest cabins with our generous selection of stone and wood walls and roads! ~ Our modular interior walls are insertable and can be arranged however you see fit and the exterior walls can soar to great heights or expand in any direction. Add dimension to your landscape by making your buildings as tall or as short as you want! 

• Who's Online   27 Members, 4 Anonymous, 248 Guests (See full list)