Sign in to follow this  

Bubblegum Crisis robot

Elpagg glanced over over the unconscious woman; she'd make an excellent prize to deliver to the cap'n. They would probably get a decent price for her at the slave markets of Nepo-7. Well, if  she lived that long...

The raider shook his head to clear his thoughts. Best to concentrate on right now, he thought, as he continued to loot her cabin. She had jewelry and some tech equipment that would bring in a nice pile of credits; all of this was haphazardly piled on the table as he continued going through the storage compartments of her cabin.

Suddenly, he heard a slight noise come from the other room. Damn! He should have made certain she was alone before he started to ransack her quarters. He drew his pistol and began to approach the other room. As he did so, he saw a small female shape outlined in the light coming through the open doorway.

He grinned to himself, this was getting better and better. "Come on out here, girlie. I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya"

The figure remained motionless for what seemed like ever, but was probably only 30 seconds, then took an uncertain step forward, rising it's hands at the same time.

Something screamed a warning in the back of Elpagg's mind, but it was already too late. The brilliant flash of light and the searing pain from his chest both registered in his brain within milliseconds of each other.

The ELz-1 personal protection droid scanned the raider and confirmed that  he was dead. Performing the same scan on the body of her mistress confirmed that she was still alive, and only slightly injured. Ellie, as her mistress called her, set about securing the cabin against any further intrusion, before running it's first aid programs on the unconscious woman.

This is a  Bubblegum Crisis robot figure from Ground Zero Games that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint.   I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.

I hope you like her!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 18

25 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

This is some kind of robot figure that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint. If anyone happens to know any info about this figure, please let me know.  I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.

Looks like part of Ground Zero Games Bubblegum Crisis line. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, strawhat said:

Looks like part of Ground Zero Games Bubblegum Crisis line. 

That's what I was thinking as well.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys!

I updated the thread title with the figure ID.

• Like 2

Looks good, but holy crap? There's Bubblegum Crisis miniatures? BGC was one of the first anime series I ever saw, and it's still near and dear to my heart even today...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Looks good, but holy crap? There's Bubblegum Crisis miniatures? BGC was one of the first anime series I ever saw, and it's still near and dear to my heart even today...

I seem to remember back in the day (mid 80's??), there was a cool set of mini's for BGC. Was all the girls suits, some boomers and K-12 troopers. Maybe even leon from AD police? Yah, BGC was one of my first animes (along with Gunbuster, Macross and of course (though not anime) Big G!), wish Kenichi Sonada would have finished this one. Working for Books Nippan, I got to see and acquire all kinds of cool anime product:rolleyes:

• Like 1

What a cool story! Unofrtunately I havent had the chance to watch the anime but heard a lot about it.. Another point in my to-do list for sure.. 

And for the mini, I tip my hat off to you good Sir, especially to the perfect weathering and the coolest base. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 6 of the Box of Goodwill.
      Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
      Marvin---sent 1 Mar
      FireEyes---received 3 Mar, sent 10 Mar
      Flit--received 13 Mar, sent 20 Mar
      HateToWin  (dropped out)
      HjorHrafm---received 22 Mar
      Painting Dog
      Gaming Dog
      Generic Fighter---sent 15 Mar
      Dilvish---received 17 Mar
      Horned Turtle
      Generic Fighter
      Guindyloo---sent 3 Mar
      MadJack--received 5 Mar, sent 14 Mar
      Pingo--received 21 Mar,
      Green Eyed Monster
      Pcktlnt---sent 28 Feb
      Keianna---received 2 Mar, sent 09 Mar
      Broonkah--received 12 Mar, sent 19 Mar
      Chris Palmer--received 22 Mar,
      Paradoxical Mouse
      Clearman---sent 26 Feb
      Disserma---received 1 Mar, sent 8 Mar
      Kristof65--received 10 Mar, Sent 12 Mar
      Kangaroo Rex--received 14 Mar
      Wyvern Fire
      Izzy Lobo
      Rob Dean---sent 17 Mar
      Erimys---received 20 Mar, sent 22 Mar
      Samurai Jack
      Froggy The Great
      Lidless Eye
      Rob Dean
      Chaos Wolf---sent 12 Mar
      Shadowphase---received 14 Mar, sent 19 Mar
      Hungerfan--received 21 Mar,
      Thes Hunter
      Arc 724
      Chaos Wolf
    • By Chaoswolf
      The following will be the shipping order:
      Pingo---arrived 11/27, sent 11/28
      RedAmbrosia---arrived 12/1, sent 12/12
      Sanael---arrived 12/13, sent 12/19
      Izzylobo---arrived 12/22, sent 12/29
      Strawhat---arrived 1/3,
      Knarthex (Not part of the box, he has just volunteered to ship to Europe)
      Glitterwolf---arrived 2/23
      Alchemist---arrived Feb 28, sent March 6
      RobinH---arrived 3/21, sent 3/21
      Chris Palmer
      Generic Fighter
      Chaoswolf (if there's anything left; I'll just transfer it to the regular BoGW)
      Please update this thread when you get the box and when you send it on to the next person.
      Any questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76906-reapercon-bogw/&
      or PM me.
    • By NomadZeke
      I'm back to being late again!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge the first:
      March 26th is National Purple Day (raising awareness for epilepsy) - so paint a figure in monochrome purple. (Yes I know a slime would be an easy candidate)

Bonus Challenge the second:
      April Fools' Brigade - Paint a mini in a completely nonsensical paint scheme or other silliness. ex: CAV with a giant bullseye on it, Adventurer with a shield that says "I'm with tasty ->" or something similar.

Bonus Challenge the Fiv Three, sir, three!
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail released 33 years ago in April - paint up a figure to resemble a character from the movie

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By NomadZeke
      [MOD]Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.
      We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.[/MOD]
      As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge last year, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.
      NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota – rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota
      Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1.
      If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.
      Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little, to start painting more.
      You challenge begins...now!
      And Our Mantra:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, you must post in the bi-monthly thread.
      The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)
      What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)
      Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78658-janfeb-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79997-marchapril-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 9
      July/August: 9:
      Sept/Oct: 8:
      Nov/Dec: 9:
      Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      got a 3D printer, or access to a friends, or one at a library or university this might be for you

With this project I will be bring you a collection of Sci-Fi Vehicles and Artillery to be used in whatever tabletop game you choose. With more vehicles being added as stretch goals are hit. All sculpts will be supplied as 3d printable STL files.

Why am I doing this project?

My passions are sculpting, 3d printing and wargames. I wanted to be able to field the sort of armys I wanted without breaking the bank. So I started sculpting the sort of models I needed. After sculpting quite a range I decided to bring it to Kickstarter to enable me to further expand the range.

I have a Patreon page were I produce sculpts for my backers each month as well as a website where you can see some of my past work. So you can be sure I have the knowledge required to deliver printable files, and can be trusted to deliver them in a time frame.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/Duncan_shadow

Scale: The default scale of my files is 32mm / 28mm Heroic, but Being 3D Files they can be scaled up or down.

What do I get?

As soon as the kickstarter has ended and funds cleared you will receive 3d Printable files in a stl format. You can print as many of the figures on your home printer as you want, or send the files to a external printer to do the printing for you.

The kickstarter includes 7 vehicles 1 walker and 2 artillery pieces, with extra weapon options, (see below) to start with, more sculpts being unlocked in the near future.

Main battle tank comes with multiple turret, hull and sponson guns.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS. When you contribute to This campaign, you will receive STL files for the models as per your selected pledge. The pledge files will be delivered May 2018, with successful stretch goals arriving later. You can print these files for your personal use, but you may not sell the printed items for profit or distribute the digital 3D models/files to other parties.
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)