Jump to content

  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By malefactus
      Halloween always gets my mind going with spooky thoughts...rather like the rest of the year, but more so.
      Now I have been making Pumpkinhead/Jack O'Lantern Folk for quite a while...here's an album of them:
       
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/KbDNTNRCMYcchlRn2
       
      Then I stumbled on this illustration on Pinterest,  AND I had to try that sunny smile:

       
      I was fairly pleased with the test results:

       
      I did a second one  with what I had learned from the first:

       
      ...with a closer look:

       
      The second is closer to the size of the Reaper Jack O'Lanterns that I usually use for the Pumpkinheads. The first is a bit larger. I may wind up using a GW Orc torso
      like this one from  2017:

       
      The legs are GW Zombie legs.
      This another possibility:

       
      OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
    • By malefactus
      Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos. 
      I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:

       
      With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:

       
      I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:

       
      Mine is a bit seedier:

       
      A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:

       
      AND base coated & ready for color:

       
      More whenever.
    • By malefactus
      I found a wonderfully bizarre illustration of an armored Rhino by James Christensen. It is just my kind of Beasty:

       
      AND I just happened to have a toy Rhino grazing in The Vault:

       
      SO I started working on making my own version of the illustration:

       
      At this point the green stuff work is done with the exception of some touch ups & embellishments:

       
      The Rhino in his prime...so to speak:

       
      I thought I would be more motivated to finish painting the Big Guy if I post here as well as in The Last Hurrah Thread...I have a lot of strange thoughts.
      Today I started adding some colors to the base. Photos are likely...sometime or other.
    • By malefactus
      A few days ago I started a new type of Mushroom based on some Pinterest polymer clay pieces like this one:

       
      This one & his kin are quite a bit larger than the ones I make, but the detail is something to aspire to.
      Here is a step by step of my Mushroom in progress up to yesterday. This is the plumber's epoxy dolly:

       
      The Kneadotite (green stuff):

       
      I use the left over green stuff to make smaller versions of the Big Mushroom...you probably already notice that:

       
      There will be more of this type in varying sizes AND their bases coming along soon...or eventually.
       
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×