Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Halloween always gets my mind going with spooky thoughts...rather like the rest of the year, but more so.
Now I have been making Pumpkinhead/Jack O'Lantern Folk for quite a while...here's an album of them:
Then I stumbled on this illustration on Pinterest, AND I had to try that sunny smile:
I was fairly pleased with the test results:
I did a second one with what I had learned from the first:
...with a closer look:
The second is closer to the size of the Reaper Jack O'Lanterns that I usually use for the Pumpkinheads. The first is a bit larger. I may wind up using a GW Orc torso
like this one from 2017:
The legs are GW Zombie legs.
This another possibility:
OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos.
I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:
With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:
I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:
Mine is a bit seedier:
A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:
AND base coated & ready for color:
I found a wonderfully bizarre illustration of an armored Rhino by James Christensen. It is just my kind of Beasty:
AND I just happened to have a toy Rhino grazing in The Vault:
SO I started working on making my own version of the illustration:
At this point the green stuff work is done with the exception of some touch ups & embellishments:
The Rhino in his prime...so to speak:
I thought I would be more motivated to finish painting the Big Guy if I post here as well as in The Last Hurrah Thread...I have a lot of strange thoughts.
Today I started adding some colors to the base. Photos are likely...sometime or other.
A few days ago I started a new type of Mushroom based on some Pinterest polymer clay pieces like this one:
This one & his kin are quite a bit larger than the ones I make, but the detail is something to aspire to.
Here is a step by step of my Mushroom in progress up to yesterday. This is the plumber's epoxy dolly:
The Kneadotite (green stuff):
I use the left over green stuff to make smaller versions of the Big Mushroom...you probably already notice that:
There will be more of this type in varying sizes AND their bases coming along soon...or eventually.
Who's Online 27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)