Darsc Zacal

Zombicide: Invader - A Scifi game by CMoN

1 hour ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Can you actually steal Harrison Ford's face like that and slap it on a drawing?  It's like they're not even trying to pretend any more ...

Something tell me I'm not going to see any pigs in space.  This all looks very po-faced and serious.

Tina turner and Morphius are pretty much photo's as well.....will watch this see how it plays out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, talion78 said:

Tina turner and Morphius are pretty much photo's as well.....will watch this see how it plays out.

whoa .. yeah ...

But what exactly is the point of slapping Aunty Entity's face on that archaeologist character?  I don't get it.

44 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

whoa .. yeah ...

But what exactly is the point of slapping Aunty Entity's face on that archaeologist character?  I don't get it.

I guess we needed another hero after all...

I would guess that if it were an issue, legal would have put a stop to it. I am also assuming CMON has a crack legal division at their disposal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

I guess we needed another hero after all...

I would guess that if it were an issue, legal would have put a stop to it. I am also assuming CMON has a crack legal division at their disposal.

It's hard to say. As far as I know they got hit with C&D's on Zombicide season 1, but haven't had any trouble since. Whether that means they've been getting lucky, they been careful, or they've been getting permission I have no idea.

• Like 2

I'm surprised how underwhelming most of the minis are.. still, they will make their money so more power to them

• Like 3

I like a few of the alien heroes, but yeah. Most of the sculpts are underwhelming here. It's especially bad when the mobs are not great, because there are so many of them.

Kinda sucks because the rules look like a nice evolution of the formula.

• Like 2

I am a bit of a CMON junky in that I think they make great minis and are a good way to get tons of them for cheap.  I have been painting since February of last year and I have Blood Rage, Rising Sun, Green Horde and a couple of the expansions from Massive Darkness.  All of the miniatures are beautiful!  Although I have yet to paint any of them ::D:

That all being said, this is a definite pass for me!  I love sci-fi as a genre for books, movies and TV but not for painting.

I do like the Ix-nix-zik but that's because I am obsessed with District 9! 

I might grab a couple figures in the future off eBay. 

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

whoa .. yeah ...

the problem they had in season 1 zombicide is they had pop culture look a likes that also had the same pop culture story attached to them (Uma Thurman's Kill Bill character was one of them if I remember right)

but If they run a bio that doesn't match the famous face (so not Tina Turner isn't a post apocalyptic mayor with a Thunderdome) they have a much better claim that it's a parody and thus not something that can be blocked,

• Like 2

I've put it on my watchlist. I'll see what minis are available towards the end and see whether I feel like spending any money on it...

This may be the first Zombicide I skip out on.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      For those looking for something a little different in character and style from the usual fantasy minis.

• By Boaz
       Started building a Kulathi battle force and colony outpost for their Kuden-3 outpost, in the Beehive star cluster, in the crab nebula ... 

Having 3 fingers a hand and 6 limbs the number system fore the Kulathi is based on 6 ... with 2,3 and 4 also prominent, so I based there units on 6 ...

An officer (2 pistols = smg) 3 left hand smg and 2 right hand automatic rifles make a strike team ... no other unit types teams can exceed the number of strike teams.

The fire team has 1 officer 1 smg and 4 auto rifles ... a longer ranged bite.

I'm also adding a few hound of Tindalos units (4 with 1 smg and 1 officer kulathi) with bigger things in the works ...

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Daughters of Twilight™ is the first expansion for The WitchBorn: Enter Perdition™. Get everything you need to lead your courageous Dark Elves into the blinding light of The WitchBorn® ravaged world above.
      Play Where Miniatures Meet Roleplaying
      The WitchBorn: Enter Perdition is the immersive campaign-based miniature skirmish game for 2-6 players. Each player creates a war clan of adventurers to explore the dangerous world of Perdition. Portray your warriors with detailed 28mm Reaper® Bones miniatures. Play campaign-style, where your warriors continually develop, find treasures, and level up between games—If they survive the WitchBorn of course.
      Enjoy Ever-Changing Tales 
      Instead of just a skirmish with friends every time, The Witchborn: Enter Perdition is different. Recover lost cargo in the WitchBorn infested plains, survive the bitter Will-o-Wisp of the Wandering Forest, or enter the derelict cathedral turned tavern, known as “The Pit.”  Your warriors’ discoveries, wounds, and horrible fumbles are handled by apps for Android or iOS which tell a unique story every time you play. There’s no need for anyone to sit out or be a Game Master.  
      For more on The Witchborn: Enter Perdition check out our previous Kickstarter. See why reviewer Robert Oren picked Enter Perdition as a Top 10 Game for 2017.
      Meet the Daughters

A Hidden Realm lays far beneath tortured Perdition, a honeycomb of twisting tunnels and deep caverns. For centuries, outcast Dark Elves toiled here without the touch of the sun.
      A spellcasting Morrigan leads your warriors. Then choose from stealthy Nightcloaks, deadly Vindicators, dual-bladed Deathcriers, meek Waywardens, and horrifying Soulweavers. Each Dark Elf starts with an unknown skill—until you create your war clan. And if you’re fortunate, some of your warriors may be Dark Fae like the feasting Black Annis, the nightmarish Bodach, slimy Gobelyn, enchanting Merrow, or one of many other possibilities.
      Daughters of Twilight expansion sets feature 8 Reaper® Bones miniatures. Each comes with a round base for you to assemble and paint in your own distinctive style. Many of the exclusive figures we’ve selected aren’t available anywhere yet—you’ll be among the first to own them. The awesome figures inset here are from a rendering and will replace a few of the figures depicted.
      Get Your Complete Guide to the Dark Elves
      Learn their shrouded history and the secrets of female-dominated enclaves. Recruit exotic Dark Fae like the carrion-eating Boggart, mimicking Fetch, or sinister Sluagh. Duel with sabers to dispatch dangerous foes, wield long-lost eldritch magick, and master the forgotten art of shaping living weapons and armor. Pierce armor with the Deadly Bodkin. Fire lethal hand crossbows. Lend your Dark Elves prestige with Signature Armor designed just for them. And train the Cait Sidhe and giant orb-weaver to fight alongside your warriors. 
      Guides also come with extras. Get the die-cut templates you’ll need as your Dark Elves adapt to harsh sunlight and cast unique magick. A “Dark Web” PDF roster is easy to customize. It tracks your warriors’ levels, skills, armor, weapons, poisons, loot, treasures, and Adamant—the glowing but unbreakable substance only your Artificer knows how to craft.
      Roll with “Deep Purple” Dice
      Sets come with three attack dice featuring The WitchBorn’s hit location system. A critical skewers a victim while an oops means your warrior fails miserably—sometimes with comical results. Add two D6 for rolling feats and injury outcomes and your Dark Elves will be styling.
      We Got Brom! 
      Acclaimed fantasy illustrator, Brom, painted the gorgeous wraparound cover Web of Charms.Pledge early to snare an autographed copy before they’re gone!  

• By Silvervane
      Well I finished this guy over the weekend.  He's been a long time in the works.  Several short bursts with long breaks.  I finally decided that I just wanted to get him done.  So I told myself a lot while looking at it "good enough." 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)