Darsc Zacal

Zombicide: Invader - A Scifi game by CMoN

I like some of the rules for the new zombie types (something I plan on trying with the other versions of Zcide). 

My gaming group got all excited about it (not exactly sure why...) by they are throwing gobs of money at me to get in on it (I like the silliness of following Kickstarters...) so I'm in.  Overall, I'm kinda meh but the boys are excited so it will at least get some decent table time.  I just won't need to be bothered with painting any of it.  :poke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've convinced myself not to buy by using the money to buy a bunch of art books :) I have several games that barely get played as it is. And this one is tempting because I like the basic formula and they keep making better rules iterations every year. I watched a rules overview from Watch It Played on YouTube, go check it out if you want to get a feel for it (not sure if they linked it on the campaign page yet).

I like a LOT of the mechanics and the sci-fi setting. It was an easy pass until the video :)

• Like 3

I *really* like the Xenomoths, but that only tells me how much I don't care for the other sculpts. I still encourage anyone who wants Zombicide but doesn't have it to back Zombicide: Invaders.

With four seasons of Zombicide, I figure I can skip this one and look at other projects...!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ced1106 said:

I *really* like the Xenomoths, but that only tells me how much I don't care for the other sculpts. I still encourage anyone who wants Zombicide but doesn't have it to back Zombicide: Invaders.

With four seasons of Zombicide, I figure I can skip this one and look at other projects...!

They make me want to watch Pitch Black.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is anyone here backing this? I am not interested in the game, but a gang of space children would be cool for Necromunda or Starfinder.

1.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Is anyone here backing this? I am not interested in the game, but a gang of space children would be cool for Necromunda or Starfinder.

1.png

Typical.

The one survivor pack I'm interested in is kickstarter exclusive.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

and let me guess: in order to buy add-ons, you need a full pledge?

Exactly

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

and let me guess: in order to buy add-ons, you need a full pledge?

That is kind of the point behind having exclusives as add ons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmorse said:

That is kind of the point behind having exclusives as add ons.

It's also a move that can come out to bite companies, because it's a rather polarizing thing...  Doubly so if the only thing a person is interested is that particular set of minis. 

Most will not spend a bunch of money to get one small set.  I greatly prefer the companies that let you buy in small and then let you get precisely what you want in the pledge manager, without having the added baggage of "here, buy a game full of minis you don't like and don't care about and a game that will just collect dust due to being of no interest to you". 

It comes across as a rather brash "look at the shiny, but we don't care about you, only your wallet" kind of move. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CashWiley said:

Or, hear me out, they're trying to sell the game.

Inconceivable!

• Haha 3

Hmm ... this whole "Dark Side" optional add-on has certainly caused a kerfuffle.   Feels like they're pulling a bit of a Jedi Mind trick.  Now I want the other game but I would have to get the first game to get the other game.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I know what you are saying...another WIP by Jasper?  It will never get finished, just like all his other WIPs!
      This is likely true (the first step is admitting you have a problem) but the difference here is I'm not painting these guys currently.  I will eventually....in theory, but that's not why I'm starting the WIP.

So, if you are unfamiliar, or just don't know the name of the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the fairly obscure book series they made into that niche little TV series they have to stick on Sunday nights, A Game of Thrones.
      CMoN worked with Dark Sword Miniatures (I expect there were some licensing reasons as DSM has made some spectacular Martin approved figures from the series in the past) to produce a full blown tabletop game based on the books (not the show, so don't expect Tyrion to look like Peter Dinklage). This is a full traditional type tabletop game, with units, movement trays, etc.  Not what I'm used to with CMoN, but they seem to have done a pretty good job with it, and are backing it up with new armies and units coming out any time now.
      Of course, being CMoN AND Game of Throne, the kickstarter did pretty well, and the number of figs that came were....

So,  as mentioned, units and movement trays.  Movement trays are great.  They keep your unit organized and make it much easier to move them around.  They also make facing and alignment for engagements easy.

But the problem with them is that people are clumsy.  So far in every game I've played me, or my opponent (but usually me) has dropped a tray.  Usually only an inch or two to the tabletop, but still...

As I'm on an ASOIAF (awesome acronym...) facebook group, this seems to be a common issue.  And everyone uses the common solution that movement tray based minis games have been using for decades. Magnets.
      Back when I played Clan War (and Gencon was still in Milwaukee) we used flat metal sheets for the trays, and stick on squares of magnet on the bases.  But now we live in the future! where itty bitty super powerfully magnets are easily available.
      So today I'm trying out magnetizing this unit of Stark Sworn Swords. 
      Following a post I read a while ago in the Facebook group, I ordered a bunch of 5mm x 1mm magnets.  
      The first thing I do is grab a scratchy something (in this case a triangle file) and scratch an X into one face of a bunch of the magnets (I'll do them all eventually).

Then I picked a test subject and glued one as centered as I could get it.  I'm putting the scratched side into the glue as the scratches might help it adhere better and so I don't have scratches showing on all the bottoms. It doesn't matter as long as you're consistent.

Once it dried a bit I needed to see if this would actually work. As these are pretty thin magnets and imported from a company I'd never dealt with before (but who sell really inexpensive magnets) I wasn't sure how strong they would be.
      So I picked what should be the worst spot on the movement tray, where CMoN put their logo, put the fig in the spot and just held a magnet to see what it would do.

Seemed to lock on pretty good so time to test!

Even with a few good shakes our test Stark seems to have held.  Excellent!
      Time to glue the rest on.

Glue should be dry now after all this typing, but its lunch so I'll see if I can get the movement try magnets glued on after a bit.

• By Mckenna35
      I was in on the Chibi project they did earlier this year and it was delivered on-time and the quality was good.  This looks like an interesting assortment of figures, including good deals on  bunch of Heartbreaker stuff!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/impact-miniatures-presents-the-lost-ks-mini-projec?ref=friends_launched

Their synopsis:

Not All Minis go to Heaven
       Impact! believes that lost and forgotten or unmade miniatures shouldn't stay lost to the hard drive abyss they've been relegated to.  
      Whether they were from discontinued lines, failed or undelivered projects we think they deserve to be resurected, brought into the light, and that's why this project is dedicated that end.   
      Today we give you a chance to get minis that are either no longer available, or never made it the light of day.  
      Over the past year Impact! has reached out to different Kickstarter Creators whose lines of miniatures failed to fund, were never got delivered or finished, or simply were discontinued after an initial printing run.     
      We've licensed or outright purchased everything shown in this project and now all that is left raise the capital for molds and materials and bring these amazing miniatures to backers to you, your friends, and your families and for gamers on tables everywhere! 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By giyomuSan
      After the warriors minions..well they were in need of their leader :D.. 

• By Al Capwn
      Howdy y'all!

I know I am rather new to the forums but I thought I would introduce a bit of what I have been working on pre and post ReaperCon 2018. No doubt I have met with some of the forum denizens here, most notably @Green Eyed Monster for sure. Hopefully my presence here will be a welcome and fruitful one, and I look forward to talking and learning from all of you! 

A few months back I decided to pick up Zombicide: Black Plague, and before I knew it I was neck-deep in medieval zombies. I told myself I would save  the heroes for after ReaperCon to employ some of the techniques and improvements I would have learned. I... uhh... sorta did that. Let's just say I quickly became tired of the derth of zombies and wanted to focus on more...noble...aspirations.

The Goal: Get 'er done. Preferably by the end of October. Because what better way to say 'Thriller' like a box o'zombies. I am shooting for tabletop standard for the standard fodder zombies, with tabletop+ for the heroes. Not quite display level, but certainly a cut-above your bog 40k Guardsman (ifyaknowwhatimean hashtag don't_tell_the_commissar). I am loosely following the box artwork along with Sorastro's YouTube series, but I certainly am not married to everything. I will try to make a note of any techniques I employ that I have learned either from class, trial and error, or from online tutorials.

Since this is my first original content post here, please let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly or against forum etiquette, as this is not my normal venue for sharing!

So grab a cup and buckle up, cuz we are fixin' to see a whole lot of pictures of the scenic countryside of Zombicide: Black Plague.
  • Who's Online   44 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)