Darsc Zacal

Zombicide: Invader - A Scifi game by CMoN

37 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Hmm ... this whole "Dark Side" optional add-on has certainly caused a kerfuffle.   Feels like they're pulling a bit of a Jedi Mind trick.  Now I want the other game but I would have to get the first game to get the other game.

CMON scoffs at the suggestion that exclusives aren't a better business plan for them.

55 minutes ago, cmorse said:

CMON scoffs at the suggestion that exclusives aren't a better business plan for them.

I'd likely buy that exclusive as a stand along product - which means I'm not getting it either. 

I like exclusives when they're for a company or product I really like and was probably going to buy anyway   But it's rare exclusive that will get me to buy in for something else. Anecdotally, everyone I personally know is the same way.  I am aware that there are some people out there that buy in to break up, and part things out, hoping to cash in on the exclusives. 

Which means IMO, that they really end up being rewards for loyal customers or revenue enhancers for speculators, rather than truly driving up sales of the core product. 

Exclusives work better on the brick and mortar front, where a single manufacturer is offering essentially the same product through different retailers, and each retailer has a different exclusive to get you to buy from them.  Such as when the Star Trek reboot came to DVD, and I bought it from Target with the Target exclusive Enterprise as the DVD case.   I was going to buy the movie on DVD anyway, the exclusive just meant I bought it from Target, rather than Wal-Mart or Best Buy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Hey!  They added a pig!  Not the pig I was looking for, but still ...

Pigs? In Spaaace...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/24/2018 at 5:11 PM, cmorse said:

They may be right.

I have absolutely no interest in playing this, but I am considering pledging just for the exclusives... 

• Like 3

Looks like Andre the Giant and Baron Harkonnen had a lovechild in the grimdark

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 7:51 AM, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

and let me guess: in order to buy add-ons, you need a full pledge?

On 4/23/2018 at 11:07 AM, Smokestack said:

Exactly

Yeah... I'll take a pass on that.  There's a good handful of figures I'd buy but I'm not dropping $150 for a pile of crap on top of that. 

• Like 3

I held out. The few miniatures I want aren't enough to overcome the ridiculous power armour that far too many of the survivors are wearing.

I held out too.  But that doesn't mean I might not still do a late pledge.  I doubt it though.

• Thanks 1

I ended up going for it. I wanted almost all the exclusives and dark side. The base game is probably getting sold off immediately when it arrives. 

• Like 1

It turns out that the cousin I introduced to kickstarter through Bones 4 has backed this, so I'll be getting the few survivors I want through his pledge.

Many Yays for enablement of family members!

::D:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I probably would've caved, because I do like the enhancements to the basic formula and setting. But a week of art workshops makes this whole mini gaming hobby budget thing look quaint! (Spoiler: it's very expensive)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I know what you are saying...another WIP by Jasper?  It will never get finished, just like all his other WIPs!
      This is likely true (the first step is admitting you have a problem) but the difference here is I'm not painting these guys currently.  I will eventually....in theory, but that's not why I'm starting the WIP.

So, if you are unfamiliar, or just don't know the name of the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the fairly obscure book series they made into that niche little TV series they have to stick on Sunday nights, A Game of Thrones.
      CMoN worked with Dark Sword Miniatures (I expect there were some licensing reasons as DSM has made some spectacular Martin approved figures from the series in the past) to produce a full blown tabletop game based on the books (not the show, so don't expect Tyrion to look like Peter Dinklage). This is a full traditional type tabletop game, with units, movement trays, etc.  Not what I'm used to with CMoN, but they seem to have done a pretty good job with it, and are backing it up with new armies and units coming out any time now.
      Of course, being CMoN AND Game of Throne, the kickstarter did pretty well, and the number of figs that came were....

So,  as mentioned, units and movement trays.  Movement trays are great.  They keep your unit organized and make it much easier to move them around.  They also make facing and alignment for engagements easy.

But the problem with them is that people are clumsy.  So far in every game I've played me, or my opponent (but usually me) has dropped a tray.  Usually only an inch or two to the tabletop, but still...

As I'm on an ASOIAF (awesome acronym...) facebook group, this seems to be a common issue.  And everyone uses the common solution that movement tray based minis games have been using for decades. Magnets.
      Back when I played Clan War (and Gencon was still in Milwaukee) we used flat metal sheets for the trays, and stick on squares of magnet on the bases.  But now we live in the future! where itty bitty super powerfully magnets are easily available.
      So today I'm trying out magnetizing this unit of Stark Sworn Swords. 
      Following a post I read a while ago in the Facebook group, I ordered a bunch of 5mm x 1mm magnets.  
      The first thing I do is grab a scratchy something (in this case a triangle file) and scratch an X into one face of a bunch of the magnets (I'll do them all eventually).

Then I picked a test subject and glued one as centered as I could get it.  I'm putting the scratched side into the glue as the scratches might help it adhere better and so I don't have scratches showing on all the bottoms. It doesn't matter as long as you're consistent.

Once it dried a bit I needed to see if this would actually work. As these are pretty thin magnets and imported from a company I'd never dealt with before (but who sell really inexpensive magnets) I wasn't sure how strong they would be.
      So I picked what should be the worst spot on the movement tray, where CMoN put their logo, put the fig in the spot and just held a magnet to see what it would do.

Seemed to lock on pretty good so time to test!

Even with a few good shakes our test Stark seems to have held.  Excellent!
      Time to glue the rest on.

Glue should be dry now after all this typing, but its lunch so I'll see if I can get the movement try magnets glued on after a bit.

• By Mckenna35
      I was in on the Chibi project they did earlier this year and it was delivered on-time and the quality was good.  This looks like an interesting assortment of figures, including good deals on  bunch of Heartbreaker stuff!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/impact-miniatures-presents-the-lost-ks-mini-projec?ref=friends_launched

Their synopsis:

Not All Minis go to Heaven
       Impact! believes that lost and forgotten or unmade miniatures shouldn't stay lost to the hard drive abyss they've been relegated to.  
      Whether they were from discontinued lines, failed or undelivered projects we think they deserve to be resurected, brought into the light, and that's why this project is dedicated that end.   
      Today we give you a chance to get minis that are either no longer available, or never made it the light of day.  
      Over the past year Impact! has reached out to different Kickstarter Creators whose lines of miniatures failed to fund, were never got delivered or finished, or simply were discontinued after an initial printing run.     
      We've licensed or outright purchased everything shown in this project and now all that is left raise the capital for molds and materials and bring these amazing miniatures to backers to you, your friends, and your families and for gamers on tables everywhere! 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By giyomuSan
      After the warriors minions..well they were in need of their leader :D.. 

• By Al Capwn
      Howdy y'all!

I know I am rather new to the forums but I thought I would introduce a bit of what I have been working on pre and post ReaperCon 2018. No doubt I have met with some of the forum denizens here, most notably @Green Eyed Monster for sure. Hopefully my presence here will be a welcome and fruitful one, and I look forward to talking and learning from all of you! 

A few months back I decided to pick up Zombicide: Black Plague, and before I knew it I was neck-deep in medieval zombies. I told myself I would save  the heroes for after ReaperCon to employ some of the techniques and improvements I would have learned. I... uhh... sorta did that. Let's just say I quickly became tired of the derth of zombies and wanted to focus on more...noble...aspirations.

The Goal: Get 'er done. Preferably by the end of October. Because what better way to say 'Thriller' like a box o'zombies. I am shooting for tabletop standard for the standard fodder zombies, with tabletop+ for the heroes. Not quite display level, but certainly a cut-above your bog 40k Guardsman (ifyaknowwhatimean hashtag don't_tell_the_commissar). I am loosely following the box artwork along with Sorastro's YouTube series, but I certainly am not married to everything. I will try to make a note of any techniques I employ that I have learned either from class, trial and error, or from online tutorials.

Since this is my first original content post here, please let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly or against forum etiquette, as this is not my normal venue for sharing!

So grab a cup and buckle up, cuz we are fixin' to see a whole lot of pictures of the scenic countryside of Zombicide: Black Plague.
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)