To me, there is something deeply unsettling about Kingdom Death minis (and I don't mean that as a bad thing). This one is no exception. Your paint work enhances that quality quite well. Probably the most disturbingly beautiful dragon I've seen.  Very well done.

• Like 3

Great job!

Somehow this sculpt reminds me a bit of the Everblight Legion miniatures from Privateer Press.

• Like 4

Wow, that's amazing. I thought that first pic was concept art until I noticed your little ninja painter in the corner. The lava base is superbly executed.

• Like 4

How on earth did you do that? It seriously reads as concept art. It's truly amazing. I would love to see more close ups - I love the KD minis and you've really done an awesome job here!

This is a gorgeous execution of an imposing piece. I don't find this as weirdly off-putting as many of the other Kingdom Death minis, but it's an amazing beast and the colour palette is magnificent.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HornedTurtle
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165626423/terror-below?ref=90d7aq&fbclid=IwAR2xtVQC9lIGiYyEd2gOSwlxkcNUOWplBWCbWYtmcEOC3h_e9HjEgoz8aZU

Terror Below is a game of government experiments gone wild in the Nevada desert.

The game has a retro look and is very reminiscent of the movie Tremors.
    • By Lidless Eye
      Another awesome themed 3D print file set is up on Kickstarter, "Titans of Legend"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426243056/titans-of-legend?ref=user_menu

Even dating to before recorded history, some of the greatest heroes and villains of myth and legend have been titanic in size. Giants, titans, and others strode the mythic landscapes, the earth quaking at their steps. Now you will be able to use your 3D printer to create 32mm scale figures of these legends, and include them in your Dungeons and Dragons campaign!
      Reaching forth from Greece, France, Denmark, Cornwall, and the Basque region, these giants each include additional accessories, as well as a PDF file that includes their basic story, a statistics block for Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons, how to run them in a typical game, and potential adventure hooks to blend them into your campaign! In addition, each of the giants includes a pre-hollowed version for resin prints, and even pre-chopped, multipart versions (hollowed and not) for smaller 3D printers. Most of them can even be used as generic giants, to use how you want in your own campaign!
      CONTENTS
      The following are the five giants, and their accessories, included as planned in the set. The Core Package includes Cormoran, Ferragut, and Grendel, while the Full Package includes all five:
      ARGUS
      Argus Panoptes is a giant of Greek myth, a cowherd that served Hera with his very life. Included with him are  a generic Storm Giant based on him (with helmet and spear), and his beloved Dire Buffalo.
      BASAJAUN
      From the Basque region of France and Spain comes the Basajaun. Moderately friendly, and creators of the various henges and standing stones, they could also be used to represent various "furry" humanoids, such as yeti. They include two Basajaun, a singe henge, double henge, freestanding menhir, and an altar stone.
      CORMORAN
      Hailing from Cornwall, the cannibalistic and miserly Cormoran just might be immortal somehow. He includes files for two different casualties, and a ruined tavern wall.
      FERRAGUT
      A literary giant, pun intended, the epic "Horn of Roland" includes the mighty paladin Roland's duel with the Saracen giant, Ferragut. With Ferragut comes files to print basic Saracen soldiers, as well as the mighty Roland, himself!
      GRENDEL
      Though never fully given a physical description in the epic poem, Beowulf, the monster Grendel is, here, represented as part troll, and part giant. Whether used to represent Grendel himself, or shrunken down slightly and used as a troll, he includes the table and benches from the mead hall, Heorot, as well as his utterly epic foe, Beowulf.

I really like that they're all themed encounters with monsters, heroes, and some terrain.  They remind me of the "GameMastery Encounter" packs that Paizo used to make.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Fighter (Echoes of Death version), she's a Kingdom Death: Monster re-imagining of their existing The Fighter mini, who, in turn, was Kingdom Deaths take on a generic fighter class character.

Quite pleased with this one. She took a while as I kept finding bits I'd missed hiding under her hair, and I rushed her shield in the end (it needs at least one more highlight, but my hands have been really shaky recently and I didn't want to mess it up) so I may put a bit more work in at a later date.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      https://imgur.com/W2NvtQC
      https://imgur.com/CoB0ov8
      https://imgur.com/VPqucvu
      https://imgur.com/LLnJilq

'In the far west of the Borderlands, there is a land that spends a quarter of every year in darkness, the only light coming from the great gatherings of Sunstalkers that cover the plains.
      The locals tell a tale, about how the Sunstalkers, being the children of Night, aid her in her endless battle against Day by trying to eat the Sun. Whenever the Sun reaches the horizon the Sunstalkers gather, only to be held at bay by a mysterious person known as The Dawn Maiden.
      However, the constant battling eventually tries her out and inevitably she must leave the Sun unguarded, at which point it is devoured.
      In the end, her strength replenished, The Dawn Maiden returns and hunts down every Sunstalker, the indigestible fragments of Sun causing them to glow in the darkness. She cuts open their bloated bellies, reassembles the Sun piece by piece and releases it back into the sky to restart the cycle.'

Presenting the Sunstalker, a monster from the game Kingdom Death: Monster.

I don't really have the patience (or big enough brushes) for larger minis like this, so kept it super simple with lots of drybrushing. Despite that, I think it looks pretty good, so I'm happy.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Lidless Eye
      The dread beating of wings brings a chill wind to the land.

A 3D print, this design is "The Father of Frost" from The Lost Dragons, a Kickstarter project.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 145 Guests (See full list)