Jump to content


Recommended Posts

So, I'm about to start working on making some 3D bases of my own for my dragons (and hubby's too)...  Anyone have any pointers or tips on particular putted to use when coating stuff like cork to add more detail, or would there be much of a difference between say Milliput, greenstuff, or other things?   I ask as terrain generally doesn't require as much detail as a mini would, but it never hurts to get a few more opinions. 

 

I do have greenstuff atm (and Aves Apoxie if this supplier I'm trying to buy some from sends me an invoice ::P: ), and might be ordering some other stuff, hence why I'm curious. 

 

Love greenstuff for stamped or rolled bases, and gap filling (I suspect when I try sculpting I'll like it too, I'm enjoying how it behaves now that I've had a bit of time using it for gap filling and bases), but naturally I'm open to other options too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To fill LARGE amounts of gap, of course, you'll probably want to build things up with foam board or whatever other -- presumably cheaper! -- materials you might have to fill space.

 

When it comes to the detail work on the surface, I prefer to use two-part epoxy putties such as Magic Sculpt / Magic Sculp (WESCO), or Apoxie Sculpt (from AVES Studio) (with "creative spellings" as indicated).  All three of these putties -- well, honestly, I'm not even sure if they're actually DIFFERENT from each other in any way.  In basic form, they come in tubs with one being labeled "Part A" and the other being "Part B."  One is a mid-tone grey, while the other is usually a grey-tan color -- though I've gotten varieties of Apoxie Sculpt that come with dyes mixed in with the grey-tan part.  (Beware!  Those dyes are POTENT, and can make quite a mess.  Especially the black.)

 

As near as I can tell "Magic Sculpt" and "Magic Sculp" come from the same manufacturer -- it's just at some point they decided to play with dropping the "t," and yet I can find suppliers who carry the stuff with one spelling about as much as the other.  Not quite sure what the deal is there.

 

Locally, I get Apoxie Sculpt from a company called "Reynolds Materials."  I've also seen it in Amazon, but I prefer to support local suppliers when I can (because I'd rather my local suppliers not GO OUT OF BUSINESS and thus deny me the option to go aisle-browsing and to ask questions to store staff).

 

Whether it's Magic Sculp(t) or Apoxie Sculpt, you mix the two parts together largely as you would with the green stuff, but it's much cheaper by the ounce.  Once you apply a bit of putty, it's possible to smooth out the surface with a bit of water, and once it hardens you can file or sand it down.  My preferred method, however, is to make texture stamps out of Japanese "plastic clay" (the same stuff as the pricier "Instant Mold" sticks), damp the stamps in water to serve as a cheap "release agent," and then stamp the surface of the putty with faux boulders, cracked pavement textures, or whatnot, in the process of obliterating any fingerprints I may have left while kneading the stuff.  Then, I can go in with my tools and try to transform it into crumbling stone block ruins, the occasional fallen log, or whatever else it is I'm trying to suggest on a large base.

 

The two-part epoxies are also a lot better for making shattered ruins.  When hardened, they're a bit more solid and rigid than the green stuff can ever manage, so if I want to make, say, some broken pavement or maybe a broken statue or whatnot, I can sculpt it in the putty, let it fully harden, stick it in the freezer for a bit, then actually break it.  I'm not sure I could manage the same thing with the green stuff.

 

Actually, nowadays, I use the "grey stuff" routinely for custom basing and gap filling far more often than I use the green or brown stuff.  For really FINE work (sculpting hands, faces, horns, tiny details such as leaves), the green or brown stuff is all-around superior (and with a little bit of "give" so it's less likely to break), but the grey stuff is far more cost-effective for larger and more solid structures.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For bases I usually Master Plumber's Epoxy Putty (True Value or Ace Hardware stores); re, it sculpts nicely, is easy to get a texture with, it can be sanded/drilled, & dries in about 5 minutes.

For large bases I use it over an insulation foam base. For really large things, like trees & towers, I make the basic shape out of floral foam sometimes in conjunction with shaped aluminum

foil then I cover it wit air dry clay (DAS is my favorite) & sculpt details.

This a photo stage I have underway to use as an example of the air dry clay: 

DSCN5871.thumb.JPG.7da986315fb79e6a025ea65d42950346.JPGDSCN5864.thumb.JPG.db929e3583893762a2df20ef3cc61127.JPG

 

This is primed:

DSCN5953.thumb.JPG.9a04f3df2553149810ce81f86a8c0183.JPGDSCN5952.thumb.JPG.fa0561e45a8e37de40cbb53c16b01b89.JPG

 

If you have any questions, I would be delighted to answer them.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Magic Sculpt on anything needing sculpting on a scale any larger than a 40mm base.

 

Best stuff there is. Sculpts like clay, sets like plastic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found that I like milliput best for bases because I can smooth it with my fingers and water, it takes texture nicely and you can sand and drill it after it sets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

To fill LARGE amounts of gap, of course, you'll probably want to build things up with foam board or whatever other -- presumably cheaper! -- materials you might have to fill space.

Definitely a good tip, and what I was planning.  That would be a LOT of weight on a base if pure putty were to be used, not to mention I don't even want to know how expensive that would get!

7 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

 

When it comes to the detail work on the surface, I prefer to use two-part epoxy putties such as Magic Sculpt / Magic Sculp (WESCO), or Apoxie Sculpt (from AVES Studio) (with "creative spellings" as indicated).  All three of these putties -- well, honestly, I'm not even sure if they're actually DIFFERENT from each other in any way.  In basic form, they come in tubs with one being labeled "Part A" and the other being "Part B."  One is a mid-tone grey, while the other is usually a grey-tan color -- though I've gotten varieties of Apoxie Sculpt that come with dyes mixed in with the grey-tan part.  (Beware!  Those dyes are POTENT, and can make quite a mess.  Especially the black.)

The dyed Aves Apoxie was tempting, but given that I intend on painting and basing things, I figured such wouldn't be of much use.  Glad to read that there's an additional reason of it being even messier to avoid the coloured ones ^_^

 

Magic Sculpt has been tempting, especially since I like the fact it comes in separate tins ^_^

7 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

As near as I can tell "Magic Sculpt" and "Magic Sculp" come from the same manufacturer -- it's just at some point they decided to play with dropping the "t," and yet I can find suppliers who carry the stuff with one spelling about as much as the other.  Not quite sure what the deal is there.

 

Locally, I get Apoxie Sculpt from a company called "Reynolds Materials."  I've also seen it in Amazon, but I prefer to support local suppliers when I can (because I'd rather my local suppliers not GO OUT OF BUSINESS and thus deny me the option to go aisle-browsing and to ask questions to store staff).

Oh trust me, I TRIED to find somewhere local that carried... SOMETHING other than small strips of green stuff or Tamiya putties.  Called (or visited) every single hobby shop in town...  Not even Milliput is carried, which is odd.  Nearest place hubby was able to Google (since he uses different search terms than I do) was a store in Calgary...  A store that will only let you put a single stick in your cart for some reason.  After all of that searching, I wound up saying screw it and ordered it from a company in Ontario, three provinces over, or about 2/3rds of the way across the country.  I won't mention how terrible the "deals" are on Amazon Canada, but I will say that ordering from the Ontario company I wound up choosing is $10 cheaper - with tax and shipping - compared to the list price on Amazon Canada, and that's with shipping that almost doubles the price!  But it'll get to me in less than a week ^_^

 

Most of the other stuff it's looking like I'll have to order in from GSW, since there aren't really that many suppliers that carry any of the two part epoxy putties for some reason here in Canada.

 

7 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Whether it's Magic Sculp(t) or Apoxie Sculpt, you mix the two parts together largely as you would with the green stuff, but it's much cheaper by the ounce.  Once you apply a bit of putty, it's possible to smooth out the surface with a bit of water, and once it hardens you can file or sand it down.  My preferred method, however, is to make texture stamps out of Japanese "plastic clay" (the same stuff as the pricier "Instant Mold" sticks), damp the stamps in water to serve as a cheap "release agent," and then stamp the surface of the putty with faux boulders, cracked pavement textures, or whatnot, in the process of obliterating any fingerprints I may have left while kneading the stuff.  Then, I can go in with my tools and try to transform it into crumbling stone block ruins, the occasional fallen log, or whatever else it is I'm trying to suggest on a large base.

 

The two-part epoxies are also a lot better for making shattered ruins.  When hardened, they're a bit more solid and rigid than the green stuff can ever manage, so if I want to make, say, some broken pavement or maybe a broken statue or whatnot, I can sculpt it in the putty, let it fully harden, stick it in the freezer for a bit, then actually break it.  I'm not sure I could manage the same thing with the green stuff.

 

Actually, nowadays, I use the "grey stuff" routinely for custom basing and gap filling far more often than I use the green or brown stuff.  For really FINE work (sculpting hands, faces, horns, tiny details such as leaves), the green or brown stuff is all-around superior (and with a little bit of "give" so it's less likely to break), but the grey stuff is far more cost-effective for larger and more solid structures.

 

Interestingly enough, cheaper is kind of what I was looking for...  Basically similar properties, but I'm a lot more willing to use a good amount of a product if it's half, or even a third of the cost...  And I don't mind losing some of that resolution for detail that greenstuff has, doubly so since I don't plan on having super detailed terrain - if it'll hold the detail from a Happy Seppuku stamp or GSW roller, I'm more than happy enough already.  Perks like being able to work on it for longer, or even breaking (ESPECIALLY being able to break it) are definitely nice things to have on the table.

 

I've seen some interesting things done with shattered/broken milliput to say the least.

 

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

For bases I usually Master Plumber's Epoxy Putty (True Value or Ace Hardware stores); re, it sculpts nicely, is easy to get a texture with, it can be sanded/drilled, & dries in about 5 minutes.

For large bases I use it over an insulation foam base. For really large things, like trees & towers, I make the basic shape out of floral foam sometimes in conjunction with shaped aluminum

foil then I cover it wit air dry clay (DAS is my favorite) & sculpt details.

This a photo stage I have underway to use as an example of the air dry clay: 

(pics snipped)

 

If you have any questions, I would be delighted to answer them.

 

Those are definitely some delightful photo stages...  Ones I hope to someday be able to have something similar (of my own theme) that looks half as good ^_^

 

Insulation foam...  Hadn't thought of that for use on a 170mm oval base, but it definitely fits my two main criteria of "lightweight" and "structurally solid"

 

Air dry clay I'll have to consider and look into, although I am curious how room humidity affects the curing of such - it's insanely dry where I live.  Does it also fully cure after drying?  DAS is one of the few (no baking required?) ones that are stocked locally (the other brands being Fimo, Sculpty, Super Sculpty, and Modge Podge, but pretty much all of those require baking to cure)

 

2 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

I use Magic Sculpt on anything needing sculpting on a scale any larger than a 40mm base.

 

Best stuff there is. Sculpts like clay, sets like plastic.

 

Will definitely keep such in mind, doubly so since I was planning on picking some up on my next GSW order anyways.

 

1 hour ago, Keianna said:

I have found that I like milliput best for bases because I can smooth it with my fingers and water, it takes texture nicely and you can sand and drill it after it sets. 

 

Definitely some good points for me to keep in mind, especially the sanding and drilling parts!  To confirm, are you referring to milliput standard, or one of the other ones for basing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

Definitely some good points for me to keep in mind, especially the sanding and drilling parts!  To confirm, are you referring to milliput standard, or one of the other ones for basing?

 

I have only used the standard and the terracotta. I did not notice a difference, other than color. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

The two-part epoxies are also a lot better for making shattered ruins.  When hardened, they're a bit more solid and rigid than the green stuff can ever manage, so if I want to make, say, some broken pavement or maybe a broken statue or whatnot, I can sculpt it in the putty, let it fully harden, stick it in the freezer for a bit, then actually break it.  I'm not sure I could manage the same thing with the green stuff.

 

Had an additional question come to mind regarding this...  I'm guessing you're referring to Apoxie Sculpt and/or Magic Sculpt alongside some of the other two part epoxy putties you mentioned for being able to freeze and then outright break it?  ^_^;;;;  This broken effect is one of the things I definitely want to be able to do for some of the bases I'm looking at!

 

2 hours ago, Keianna said:

 

I have only used the standard and the terracotta. I did not notice a difference, other than color. 

Glad to read, many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAS doesn't require baking. I let it dry for a day before painting; I also do a light coat of Krylon Workable Fixative to make sure the paint doesn't soften the clay.

Plumber's epoxy putty works just like Milliput, but it dries much quicker & costs less.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 9:13 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

 

 

The dyed Aves Apoxie was tempting, but given that I intend on painting and basing things, I figured such wouldn't be of much use.  Glad to read that there's an additional reason of it being even messier to avoid the coloured ones

^_^

 

The main use I found for the black-dyed Apoxie Sculpt was back when I was doing "pony conversions" a long time back.  I think there's another Reaper thread here somewhere, but basically I was taking some 2" tall PVC "My Little Pony" figures, and using some putty to convert them to resemble various conventional fantasy archetypes, along with a few "bits" for accessories.  Some of them I repainted at least partially, but for most of them I wanted to keep the original "MLP" look, especially about the eyes.  Well, the trouble with that is that if I'm ADDING putty to an already-painted figure, there are going to be recesses in the putty that I add where it would be hard to reach with a brush.  With a putty that's light-colored or even grey, if I can't paint over those areas, the figure will end up having an unfinished look -- it will be obvious where I couldn't reach with the paint -- but if I DO try to probe a brush down there, it'll inevitably splash onto the bare plastic of the original PVC figure -- and probably deep enough that I can't just scrape it back off with a hobby knife.

 

Therefore, I found it useful to apply the black-dyed putty.  Any recessed unpainted areas would therefore be BLACK, and that's typically not a bad thing for a recessed, hard-to-reach area on a miniature.

 

I don't usually work that way, however, so that was a very special case.  The dye from the putty worked against me as well, as it would tend to dirty up the plastic of the PVC ponies, and require extra care to clean up.  So despite its utility in that very SPECIFIC application, I doubt I'll ever buy the dyed Apoxie Sculpt again -- I'll just stick to the plain variety.

 

And I don't mind losing some of that resolution for detail that green-stuff has, doubly so since I don't plan on having super detailed terrain - if it'll hold the detail from a Happy Seppuku stamp or GSW roller, I'm more than happy enough already.  Perks like being able to work on it for longer, or even breaking (ESPECIALLY being able to break it) are definitely nice things to have on the table.

 

It definitely takes detail from stamps.  In addition to my makeshift "plastic clay" stamps, I've picked up a few odds-and-ends (usually parts from broken toys in thrift stores) that have interesting textures that if inversed can make interesting textures in putty.  If I force the putty into a mold and allow it to cure in place (rather than just "stamping" the surface and then pulling the stamp off), the detail can be remarkable -- even to the point where if it's pressed against a perfectly smooth surface, the cured putty will take on a shiny, glossy sheen.  Doing this tends to be harder on my "molds," though, when pulling them apart, so I routinely keep a "master" of my interesting textures, and periodically have to make a new "mold" out of the plastic clay.  (The same would be true if I were making resin casts and so forth.)

 

I haven't quite figured out the working time for the putty.  I probably should work with it and time myself.  I would say that after about an hour with the Apoxie Sculpt or Magic Sculpt, it's solidified enough that I can't really knead or sculpt it per se, but it's still pretty soft and easy cut or carved into.  I've sometimes deliberately shaped the putty, then allowed it to PARTIALLY solidify, so that I could then bend and warp it while still keeping its texture and finer details.  I can typically put putty into a press-mold and take the whole thing out after 4 hours or so while keeping its detail, but I wouldn't try sanding or drilling it until it's had a full day to cure.  If I want to do "broken pavement" effects, I can do that after about 4 hours or so.  I'll have to find some pictures of a Relic Knights figure I painted and custom-based for a friend, where I used gritty sandpaper to texture some putty, carved an "Eye of Ra" into it once it had cured in place a bit, then broke it in several parts and reassembled it later (slightly offsetting the various "fragments") so I could make the look of some sort of pseudo-Egyptian ruined floor.

 

I've used air-dry clay at times as a "base" for a project.  It works well as the rough interior build-up (that you then apply putty to before texturing and detailing the exterior) for a "master" item that you want to be durable and have some weight to it, that you might be making molds off of, but not so much if you're concerned about light weight.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for so many great tips ... cant wait to try some of the mentioned products out ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boaz said:

Thanks for so many great tips ... cant wait to try some of the mentioned products out ... 

Glad to hear the thread has been of use!  I've personally used GreenStuff as well as Magic Sculpt now, and have some Ave's Apoxie Sculpt to try out the next time I do terrain. 

 

I really really like how the Magic Sculpt handles, especially for smoothing, but I also prefer how Green Stuff is ready to go the instant it's mixed (even if it is rather sticky). 

 

In short, like others have said, it all depends on what you're doing with it but I suspect I'll wind up liking both, doubly so now that I'm starting to work on a few extra things so that the mess is more contained ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SGHawkins09
      The official arrival/departure thread for Round 2 of the Basing Edition of the Box of Goodwill.
       
      PLEASE make sure to post when you receive the box and when you send it off.

      Remember, NO CHATTER, chatter thread is here:

      Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread


      SGHawkins09 - sent 2/16
      Keianna - arrived 2/20, sent 2/27
      Sylverthorne - arrived 3/1, sent 3/9
      NecroMancer - arrived 3/12, sent 3/15
      hungerfan - arrived 3/18, sent 3/23
      Ulfheathen - arrived 3/26, sent 4/2
      Aryanun - arrived 4/4, 
      hiddenone32 - new box arrived 6/11, sent 6/15
      Clearman - arrived 6/18
      Guildenstern - arrived 6/27, sent 7/2
      Shadowphaze - arrived 7/5, sent 7/9
      Generic Fighter - arrived 7/11
      Dilvish the Deliverer - arrived 8/8

      Dilvish the Deliverer - sent 2/26
      Wyvernfire - arrived 2/27, sent 3/10
      Chaoswolf - arrived 3/12, sent 3/26
      Knarthex - arrived 3/28, sent 4/13
      Paradoxical Mouse - arrived 4/16
      Dragoneye - arrived 8/8, sent ReaperCon
      Kangaroorex - arrived ReaperCon, sent 9/18
      Fire_Eyes - arrived 9/20, sent 
      Keianna - arrived 10/1, sent 10/10
      Pegazus - arrived 10/12
      SparrowMarie
      LittleBluberry
      SGHawkins09
       
      Only two groups this time and they are fairly large so make sure to keep the boxes moving. Also you may notice Keianna is listed in both groups, this is intentional as she did not receive a box last time.
    • By SamuraiJack
      This was originally scheduled to launch a year ago:
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/illusionist/taloc-mayan-a-tabletop-rpg-with-miniature-terrain?ref=discovery
       
      About
      Choose your pledge The peoples of the ancient Maya began to polarize, forming two primary factions, the clan Kukul and clan Tezca.  Named the EagleBearers and the Jaguars respectively, their totems and animal familiars gave them untold amounts of power in their death throes against each other.  
      The Below is not immune to the dealings of those in the Above, and as their genocidal struggles continued, a great imbalance was created that must be satisfied before the End of Days.
      The Twin Gods You will choose a side, and work to re-balance the inequities created by this epic conflict.  In doing so you will travel amid rough jungle paths, swim through dripping cenotes, and even traverse the Below yourself in your quest to set things right.... but the days are numbered and the dangers are real.  It's a race against the calendar as you take advantage of the Mayan peculiarities of the day count, their namesakes, and the powers that are granted you as time goes on.
      We are big believers in "Theater of the Mind" roleplaying at the game table.  Our RPGs are designed to support your favorite rules systems (5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Swords & Wizardry, BECMI, Cthulhu and more).  We also feel that miniature terrain adds to the suspension of disbelief that enables quality storytelling.  This is why our books support the AnySystem enhancement where QR codes throughout the book allow you to scan and download the stat blocks and rules of your choice, while you system independent folks can just use the book right as it is!  For an example of the AnySystem at work, you can visit www.DwarvenEpics.com and click on the Delverr's Keep adventure module.
      With custom dice, immersive storytelling, excellent DM props, quality terrain and solid design, we think your roleplaying games using the Taloc: Mayan setting will be a big hit on game night.
      We also enjoy developing game systems that lean toward free range storytelling.  You are welcome to download our Evolve RPG character sheets for the Taloc: Mayan game which have a unique feature where your character starts with 0 for all ability scores and zero skills, feats, or hindrances.  Using the Evolve RPG method of play, you earn your abilities and skills through excellent roleplaying demonstrated to the gamemaster.  As you perform, the GM will reward you with FATE tokens which you can spend to level up your character and earn your abilities and skills.  Try it out and let us know what you think!  We will post a free character sheet with a 2 page quickstart rulebook if you'd like to try it out.
       We are so pleased you would support our Taloc: Mayan campaign so we can deliver the best RPG sourcebooks for the ancient Mayan world.  Who knows what tales will emerge from the sunken cenotes of this jungle covered setting?  This sourcebook is one of many that we hope to deliver over the next few months so please support this first one and we will bring you even more content for this expansive realm.
      First of many planned supplements  Rich illustrations from leading artists will be included in the production of this storyline to deliver the best quality for you RPG group.
      Rich Artwork and Illustrations We have spent a lot of time investing in new creatures, archetypes and characters that you can play in the game.  These are available as 2D minis with stands for this kickstarter but in the future we hope to do so much more with them!  With your support we can.  Here are some of the archetypes we are working into the setting:
       We are pleased to celebrate the wonderful artwork of the inimitable Freddy Lopez who was the inspiration for all of our monsters and character archetypes.  Please support him and buy his prints!
      We are also pleased to have cover artwork by the inestimable Patrick Blaine who really set the tone for the project.  Please support him and his comics at Top Cow and other places where his art is featured.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiolevel/the-gardbuk-shrine-wargames-winter-complete-terrai?ref=discovery
       
      About
      The GÅRDBÛK Shrine - it's a mysterious ruin with arcane,  esoteric  history.  Story tells of few beings who have returned from this frozen hell on earth, it seems that the souls of the ancient rulers live within its walls. Each of them must pay the debt to their god GARDBUK for the gift of afterlife, guard the secrets of their Lord's temple from dusk to dawn and kill all daredevils who cross the frozen Bugk river.  Only those whoare foolish enoughor extremely bold toapproach the ruins deliberately, others only when they get lost in this extreme nature ice-bound and snow-covered forest wild.
      Would you dare to learn the secrets of Gardbuk? Will you risk the lives of your soldiers to get to know secrets hidden in the stone cellars of the ruins? Would you fight an epic battle with  ther daredevils who want to find this place , or are you just looking for wargaming winter terrain and frosty scenery?  If the latter is true, The Gardbuk Shrine is definitely for you. 
      Build your dream tabletop game board today with this high resolution, premium printed mousepad gamemat and epic, handcrafted, fully painted StudioLevel terrain system. 
       
       
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/701587775/fantasy-facades-by-bannerless-builds?ref=discovery
       
      About
      Bannerless Builds is the result of years of passion and study by our lead designer, Gregory Bowes, a lifetime gamer who studied theatre set design in university and worked with Shakespeare in the Park productions in Montreal.  
      Greg needed a solution for how much space the terrain collection he’d built over the years needed, and how long it took to set up. Inspiration came from an unlikely source; in his own words, “One night I was watching Blazing Saddles and the scene where they recreate the town near the end made a lot of sense to me, in that they had to do it quickly. At that point it all just clicked in my head.”  
      By applying his theatre experience to the tabletop, Greg was able to minimize the footprint of his scenery while sustaining his love for 3D terrain. As Greg puts it, “I fell in love with 3D gaming when I owned my own game store and used to play wargames with customers. I tend to think more creatively in 3D, one example was in a recent game when the bad guy was escaping from us, up some stairs while his minions kept us at bay. As the mage I blasted the stairs apart under him, causing him to fall.”
      This Kickstarter campaign is to bring you the first wave of Facades, Scenery and Terrain from Bannerless builds! 
      Now, with that all out of the way, let's check out how you can get some of the aforementioned Fantasy Facades:
       Sounds cool right? What makes it even better is that through PledgeManager, you're able to Add-On any item you like! Such as:
      Just add the Kickstarter Price amount of the item(s) you want to your pledge!  (please note the shipping cost per item!)
      (Please Note: Shown are a painted and unpainted version of each item. With the exception of "packs," you will receive one (1) unpainted item for each item purchased. Add-On Prices are in CAD, the exchange rate usually hovers around $1 CAD = $0.75 USD) 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152909942/3d-printable-tombstone-models-tabletop-gaming-28-3?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery
       
      About
      I am creating Game Assets for different Game Engines like Unity3D and Unreal Engine. I love tabletop fantasy and war gaming miniature gaming. And because 3D Printing is the future of Tabletop gaming I want to help you to get an easy start in that future. Here I bring you a set of 24 Tombstone Models for your tabletop gaming. 
      Tombstone Set Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set  Additional Rewards for the Graveyard Diggers

      As a Graveyard Digger you will receive additional 5 Models as shown in the image.
      Grave Digger additional Tombstone Set Additional Rewards for the Graveyard Keepers
      As a Graveyard Digger you will receive additional 10 Models, the 5 of the Grave Diggers and exclusive Graveyard Keeper Tombstones as shown in the image.
      Graveyard Keeper additional Tombstone Set  --- YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FILES ONLY FOR 3D PRINTING IN STL, NOT THE PHYSICAL MODELS ---
       
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×