• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kazmania7
      again same story as other posts, so November work. Wanted to try to paint a mulit-color cloak so this was my first attempt/experiment at that.

• By SGHawkins09
      My FLGS is doing a Halloween themed painting contest. As your entry needs to be purchased in store I decided to go with a Hordes miniature I had been eyeing for awhile, Lady Karianna Rose, Grymkin Solo. I put her on a Secret Weapon base and added a couple of pumpkins, now on to primer.

• By Eternalhero1983
      here is a miniature that I recently painted on Twitch

• By DragonWyrm
      Welp, I found it on sale and couldn't stop myself. I decided to make it a quick paintjob so I just used Cerluen blue and Tiatanium white for the body while using golden interference green for the gems (glazed over a basic black to white gradient). It was glazed in gloss varnish and in reall life the whites looks more white than seen in the photos. Now that it is finished I would have probably done the gems differently, colouring them all black, glazing some interference paint and then adding highlights with white.

The base was made using liquitexes ceramic stucato (which is really nice for bases, even thought you can't see it here), which was given a earthy red wash. I then decided that it was too stark and that the figure would work better in a jungle, so I used some miniNature, moss, tuffs and flock to create it.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Sure, I definitely feel like I already have enough WIP threads going, but at the same time hubby did ask me to work on this one for him, so why not.  For some reason I was rather excited he asked me to paint her for him (he's painting the rest of his Circle Orboros Battlegroup Box (PIP 72094))...  I blame her cape.  It's a rather interesting looking one, filled with all sorts of details.  Staff is quite nice too

^So here is where things start.  Yup, it isn't the prettiest of jobs for gluing, especially where that staff meets the shoulder.  It just wouldn't stick when I put it together, and I think at the time I didn't have my pinning stuff yet.  Could be wrong, but for now that's the story I'm sticking with! 

^While it was tempting to try and sculpt something, given she's already glued down, I figured I'd use a mix I had made up ages ago of various grades of what I think was Woodland Scenics ballast because it's quick, easy, convenient, and the grains are all sized slightly differently....  And that add a bit more later on, be it rocks and/or various bushes or whatever.

Right off the bat I'm going to say this: I so didn't get all of the seams, and I'm more or less okay with such.  Sadly, a lot of them are in really odd places (who puts a seam in the middle of several cloak folds?)

^How things look now.  Ahhh, Grey Liner, you're ever so useful it seems.  It's pretty much become my go-to for priming, and I love how the colours seem to be somewhat different as they set along the various parts of the mini.

I do understand that having fully assembled her things will be difficult, but it was originally a mini hubby was going to paint, and he asked she be assembled...  So I'm taking it as a challenge to undertake now, yes, let's go with that one!   Going to be letting the liner dry and fully set/cure/whateverit'scalled and am hoping to spend a bit of time every night on her this week!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)