Jump to content

  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By DragonWyrm
      Welp, I found it on sale and couldn't stop myself. I decided to make it a quick paintjob so I just used Cerluen blue and Tiatanium white for the body while using golden interference green for the gems (glazed over a basic black to white gradient). It was glazed in gloss varnish and in reall life the whites looks more white than seen in the photos. Now that it is finished I would have probably done the gems differently, colouring them all black, glazing some interference paint and then adding highlights with white.
       
       
      The base was made using liquitexes ceramic stucato (which is really nice for bases, even thought you can't see it here), which was given a earthy red wash. I then decided that it was too stark and that the figure would work better in a jungle, so I used some miniNature, moss, tuffs and flock to create it.

    • By WhiteWulfe
      Sure, I definitely feel like I already have enough WIP threads going, but at the same time hubby did ask me to work on this one for him, so why not.  For some reason I was rather excited he asked me to paint her for him (he's painting the rest of his Circle Orboros Battlegroup Box (PIP 72094))...  I blame her cape.  It's a rather interesting looking one, filled with all sorts of details.  Staff is quite nice too

      ^So here is where things start.  Yup, it isn't the prettiest of jobs for gluing, especially where that staff meets the shoulder.  It just wouldn't stick when I put it together, and I think at the time I didn't have my pinning stuff yet.  Could be wrong, but for now that's the story I'm sticking with! 
       

      ^While it was tempting to try and sculpt something, given she's already glued down, I figured I'd use a mix I had made up ages ago of various grades of what I think was Woodland Scenics ballast because it's quick, easy, convenient, and the grains are all sized slightly differently....  And that add a bit more later on, be it rocks and/or various bushes or whatever.
       
      Right off the bat I'm going to say this: I so didn't get all of the seams, and I'm more or less okay with such.  Sadly, a lot of them are in really odd places (who puts a seam in the middle of several cloak folds?)
       

      ^How things look now.  Ahhh, Grey Liner, you're ever so useful it seems.  It's pretty much become my go-to for priming, and I love how the colours seem to be somewhat different as they set along the various parts of the mini.
       
      I do understand that having fully assembled her things will be difficult, but it was originally a mini hubby was going to paint, and he asked she be assembled...  So I'm taking it as a challenge to undertake now, yes, let's go with that one!   Going to be letting the liner dry and fully set/cure/whateverit'scalled and am hoping to spend a bit of time every night on her this week!
    • By odinsgrandson
      When some warlocks and warcasters go epic, they don't change all that much.  This is not the case with Thagrosh, who seems to be slowly transforming into a full on dragon.
      For this project, my client wanted me to create a very different look for Thagrosh.  I pitched him a couple ideas, and he really loved the concept of giving Thagrosh the Magma Dragon treatment.
      So here he is, in all his fiery glory.


    • By odinsgrandson
      Here are the minis that I painted up for my Widower's Wood set.  I've always loved Gatormen, and these minis were all loads of fun.
      One thing to note is that Widower's Wood makes use of the different colored plastic used for the minis.  If you paint them up, you need to have a way to tell them apart.
      I've seen people paint the bases in bright colors, or paint the whole minis in red or blue, but I prefer a more subtle approach.  There are marks on the bases that I painted in red or blue, and I found places on the minis to express these colors as well (feathers, or the fade on the back fins and such).
      Well, here they are:











    • By Gargs
      My latest completion. Although Gunnbjorn is a warlock for the Hordes table top game, I'm actually going to be using him in my current Pathfinder game as a replacement for the upcoming big bad. As always any C&C are most welcome, especially tips for improvement. I also apologize for the photo quality, still trying to figure things out with the new camera phone -- and I wasn't particularly technologically inclined to begin with.   Also I know I should have done more with his assorted bags, but frankly, was starting to get a bit "done" with him. Perhaps I will go back later and add to them.
       

       

       

       
       
      Thanks for looking!

  • Who's Online   39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×