• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Here is my entry for the Yeti contest.
      A co-worker thought he'd make a good Grinch, so I went with that.
      A little Greenstuff to make a Santa Hat, and here were are.
      The gift box was tough.  I mixed my own metallic blue paint, and freehanded wayyy too many snowflakes.
      I included other shots without the box to show off his details.

Enjoy.

• By Iridil
      Here are a pair of bugbears I painted up for a game a while ago - kept meaning to retake the pics, but that just doesn't seem to happen.

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello all, this is my version of Rogaku; this is the first time I've painted a Bones mini and I found the details a  bit less sharp than the metal minis I've painted till now, but maybe it's cause of the Vallejo brush primer I used on it and, probably, the zenital dry-brushing hi-light.

Anyway, my choice for the skin color had been red, as the iconic Oni is, usually, red skinned, and blue for the skirt (is it a skirt? ) cause it would make contrast with the orange of the  pumpkin flask;
      curiosity: the kanji on the flask just means "Oni" (really creative ).
      Green belt and jade bracer to contrast the red of the skin; and classic blue/black hair.

As always the wood is somenthing I cannot achieve as I wish, it looks really flat 

I hope you all will like it, any comment and advice is welcome!
      Thank you for reading
    • By Rigel
      If anyone looks qualified to declaim the Litany of ZAREK into an Omnicrophone from atop a golden hover-chariot, it is surely 62107, the Aeon Priest from Reaper's Numenera line. Look at this robed and jowled hierophant!

I feel like I should put more patterning on the robe, besides the Eye of Marduk. Any suggestions? 

There was also a Githzerai Monk I got in a grab-bag some years back and never used. A quick repaint and a pair of chainmail rings later, and hey presto! an Imperial assassin. 

And here's the landing party in total. If they need to conquer a *second* planet in the same day, they might ask for backup. 

(A lot of alien worlds look like the southern California Desert; this is well-known.)
    • By Rigel
      The Hype Priest spoke, his amplified voice shattering windows for blocks around.

"Who is like unto ZAREK?" he said, "Or who dares to oppose ZAREK?
      ZAREK, the Ineluctable! 
      ZAREK the Subjugator!
      ZAREK, the Undefeated! 
      ZAREK--merciful to his vassals! 
      ZAREK--cruel to the rebellious!
      ZAREK of the Shining Hawks! 
      ZAREK of the Galactic Throne! 
      ZAREK the Ever-Living! 
      ZAREK the Conqueror of Suns! 
      Prostrate yourselves before ZAREK and live! 
      Surrender your abject planet to ZAREK and live!
      Resist ZAREK and be swept from existence!
      Glory to ZAREK!" 

Any good spacefuture game needs an expansionist god-king with a cult army bent on planetary conquest, and Lord Zarek of Hydra's Imperials seem up to the task. I went with blue skin partly to emphasize them as aliens, partly to evoke blue-skinned gods and demons of multiple cultures (and also the Kree, various X-Men and Smurfs), and partly because I'd already used a lot of non-blue color schemes. 

The green and gold and metallic red are garish, but garish in a way I could see Frazetta paint, or imagine from Buck Rogers or Ming the Merciless.

Zarek is seen here with his Psi-Mages, Nodens and Oannes.

Better views of the Psi-Mages: 

Commander Shamash  keeps the legions in line with draconian discipline: 

Lugalbanda and Urartu, a pair of troopers. 

They drop out of the sky, take over a world, run it for a few hundred years, and set off for the next one. No one is quite sure why, but most of the sentient species in this sector have a cultural memory of the blue conquerors that came from the sky at the dawn of civilization. 

One such species, apparently very far advanced technologically, just up and *vanished* in the galactic recent past. Their ruined crystal sky-cities hung abandoned over a planet whose crust had been cracked into the familiar Eye motif. Glyphs a hundred kilometers long overwrote the main continent. Xenolinguists are still working on the translation, but have come to a consensus that one of the letter-groupings translates roughly to 

CONSCRIPTION.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)