I'm almost done color scheming for this. I have no idea what colors to use for the black head though. I don't have a lot of blacks/black like colors currently. Also, trying to figure out a good color for the belly scales and back spines. 

Looks like it's time to consult the Google machine.

• Like 7

I've got most of the body base coated. I've also base coated the red and green heads. I used black green as a base for my green head and it is much darker once dried, I think I can work with it though. I'm really not sure how to handle the black head though. If any one has tips on that I'll take what I can get.

• Like 3

A couple of tips I got from Corporea are to keep 75% of your black areas black (so it doesn't look gray from too much highlighting), and alo to use a very dark blue or purple (or even green) in the shaded areas, since oddly those read as more black than straight black. :) 

I'm excited to see how your baby Ma'al turns out! ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Got the heads based. Pretty impressed with the Bones Dragon White, good coverage for only two coats. Need to bring the green head up a lot, too dark currently.

0428181206.thumb.jpg.2052d9a5b3967b4e8162a3a1adfefb71.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

The Bones Dragon White is a really crisp white, and brighter than the Pure White I think. Lately Scale 75's Purity White has been my favorite white though. It is silky smooth on the brush and thins like a dream. Haven't used it for base coating, however. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really coming along nicely. Might have to pick up a second hydra to do this with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got the tops of the wing membranes based, going to try to fade from a bright red to a black. 

15258276841691035605876.thumb.jpg.d4e094aed2ed22619a492d3a843a3aea.jpg

• Like 14

Back at it. Still layering up red on the wings, should've put a little less blue liner or a more thinned liner on the wings. Getting this as bright as I want it is turning out to be a slow process.

• Like 4

Green head mostly done. Trying to get the red, blue, and green heads done first since they are harder to get at.

0526181708.thumb.jpg.783af33acbbd972687d10f7da0f55a1b.jpg

• Like 7

Watching your progress makes it very tempting to make a metal copy using 14445 and 14417 since I love the metal in general!

But $100 is a lot !!! Lol

• Like 1