58 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Is she single?  I'm... uh... asking for a friend.

Recently released herself from an unhealthy relationship.... with her cutlass....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, pogre said:

I have never seen this miniature. You did a marvelous job!

Thanks pogre!  I couldn't tell you off hand, but it's probably already been four or five years since this one was released, and she'd just been in my mountain of metal since then.  I've always wanted to paint her, but I finally took advantage of the fact that I'm working on another half-orc to do their skin tones at the same time, and she was far more simple to paint than the other one, so she got done first!

15 hours ago, kazmania7 said:

Splendent job on the skin tone ! Might I ask your reciepe? Again lovely work.

Thanks very much!   For half orc skin, I usually start out with Creamy Ivory, then start out with a Pale Olive wash, and then afterwards I think I used some darker greens, Camoflauge green and forest green.  Then after those I think I used the dark elf skin color, then a dark shadow, then after that dark elf shadow and lastly walnut brown.  After that I did a highlight layer of Creamy Ivory and finally white.

I was looking at the photos last night of the eyes and I'm really not too happy with them, so this morning I woke up early to try to work on them a bit.  I wanted to take pictures but it's too cloudy right now, need to get some sun, so hopefully tomorrow.

• Like 1

So I did a little edit on top, because I wasn't satisfied with her eyes and still not satisfied really but can't dwell on her forever. Here is an updated version in case you missed it above:

5aa6f7ebc2ba3_3242Rozminav25(2).JPG.96bbb4e41f2e40a81aa47e9b3000921f.JPG5aa6f7eb5dffc_3242Rozminav23.JPG.125eac1437b4dae09586a94d1da5921f.JPG

No idea if anybody can tell a difference or not or if anybody even cares....

drives me crazy though!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Haven't had a ton of time to paint this summer but I've managed to get a few things done. I've also been working on my basing. 
      I plan on going back and adding some OSL to Damien but saving that for another day.
      The Familiar is from GW, cira 1994 and was a fun little guy to paint.

C&C welcome and encouraged.

• By Iridil
      I also got the Layer Up! LTP kit back in December - Here is the first figure from that set  - the pirate. Once again, I followed the booklet, took pics, and then added a couple of touches. I really enjoyed painting him and he is seeing use on the table - although as a dessert nomad ranger rather than pirate! I'm still a very impatient user of layers though.... This figure also inspired me to buy some water effects to play with in the future...

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      This is the second time I've painted Fineala. She's being gifted to my friend Riley who seems to be her living counterpart.

Her base is a combination of Blond Shadow, Blond Hair, and Brown Wash. It's the first time I've used that for wood and it gives a nice laminated effect that matches the floor of the resturant.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Glitterwolf proudly presents Kabuki's Bonny Ann Pirate Queen Bust.

WIP here for those interested
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77677-bonny-ann-pirate-queen-bust-by-glitterwolf/&page=8

She comes with different options.
      One fully clothed with hat and bustier and one topless.
      The Macaw was also optional.

Here is the Hatless and NUDE version, LINKED:

https://postimg.cc/image/g88jq3h45/

https://postimg.cc/image/6axix24dh/

https://postimg.cc/image/a7aut127p/

https://postimg.cc/image/z0ketp0np/

The safe back and mug shot:

Here is the Clothed version with all options.

• By Pingo
      These are the set BFM MLS003 from Bad Squiddo, which I have discovered is called "Vampire Thralls", although in my notes I call them "feral vampires" and I think of them as more unaffiliated vampire pirates or swashbucklers.

(Although thinking about it, it would be really difficult to be a vampire pirate, what with the total lack of shade and all.)

I painted one of them up blonde, because blonde vampires look extra creepy.

There is a WIP thread here.

As ever, comments, critiques, and questions are welcome.

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)