SparrowMarie

Sparrow paints Isabeau Laroche as Captain Marvel

Husband has asked me to paint up Isabeau Laroche as Captain Marvel. He saw some pictures of it done on Tumblr a while ago and thought it was the neatest thing. So I am going to attempt to recreate it. When I was initially asked I didn't think I was nearly good enough to pull it off but I think where I am now I can do it. I'll be using this photo as reference:

capmarvelcomic.thumb.jpg.8aa99909d068c08d2aa5533117c5fda2.jpg

The emblem on her chest will go onto Isabeau's shield as seen in original mini photos. 

• Like 12

Currently working on shaving the decorative bits off of the shield which accidentally broke off at the arm joint when I pulled at it a bit to hard to inspect her torso.

0311181726_Signature.thumb.jpg.edb7ad686169be4108cdd17b1373c22a.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not the least bit sure why, but I've always had the urge to paint her up in Joker colors... :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

After much difficulty I got the decorative bits off. Didn't mangle the shield too badly. Got a rough sketch of the emblem on the shield. Not sure if I'm going to redo it or not yet, this was my...4th? attempt. 

0312180849.thumb.jpg.4ab6ade40ae2b90d2509a80530add78a.jpg

• Like 8

Had top stop drawing on the shield. I was getting small cuts into it. I think I feel comfortable painting it on now though. I sketched it out on paper. So maybe after a few more attempts at this I'll be totally ready to get in with it.

I anticipate that the shield will be the most time consuming. So I'm tackling that first. Still trying to decide on a good skin color and highlight and shadow colors for it once I decide.

15210580530191245019398.thumb.jpg.7c5507912a553d4978f6758c3d752596.jpg

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now