TheOldGuard

ME1 - Gandalf, Citadel 1980's Vintage LOTR

Masterly Painted.

Colors are well applied, layered superbly, and well balanced.

Ya Done did good !

• Like 1

Gandalf the Grey!

Looks great!

These older minis have a lot of character!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Masterly Painted.

Colors are well applied, layered superbly, and well balanced.

Ya Done did good !

Many thanks!

20 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Beautiful job, colors are nice and smooth and the figure has tons of personality!

Viva old school!!!

Thanks! I love minis from this era.

14 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Superb painting.

Nice touch with the fire ring, Narya.

Thanks! I couldn't leave that little detail out.

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Gandalf the Grey!

Looks great!

These older minis have a lot of character!

Thanks! They do indeed. I like the way Gandalf's pipe is tucked into his hat band.

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Very cool mini and paintjob.  Nice!

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Redd Knekk
      Thought this guy would be a fun, quick paint, but turned into a tedious, long pain. Definitely not my best work but was trying new things mainly with metallics and OSL. As I went along, there were some things I wanted to experiment with so I did that at the expense of details, smooth highlights, etc. 

Really only intended it to be seen from the front (first pic), but as soon as I took pictures a thousand things popped up I could do better.

Anyway, here you go, and if you would like to tell me how you’d do it with these color light sources, please do.

• By quidamcorvus
      Ezren, Iconic Male Human Wizard from Reaper Miniatures.
      More on my BLOG.

• By Doublesix66
      Getting all, I have just been painting up a couple of teams for my friends to play blood bowl again, I haven't played for years since I was in the Waterbowl league, it was fun to paint up some fantasy again been doing a lot of sci-fi-fi and Modern military recently so it was a welcome change and has spurred me on to dig out the box with all my unpainted teams in it and get one done each month.

This was the progress of the Wood Elf team which are called the 'Bare Arsed Chiefs'

Nearly finished just needs the bases/numbering doing 

The other team team I was doing at the same time was a norse one same stage just needs the bases/numbering doing 

Been fun as I said I'll get some pictures of my other teams done which are Skaven, Undead (with werewolves), halfings, Vampire Counts, Amazon

Raided my bits box to add some Team Score, turn & re-roll markers

Just deciding which team to do next .. any requests

• By Pingo
      So, uh, these are actual actual Space Marines from Citadel. I got a little sprue of them at Free Comics Day a year or two ago. The date on the sprue said 2005, so perhaps they are obsolete models.

I had plans to do them up oddly, maybe sparkly purple or something, but then someone running a game I'm in said "Hey, do you have any space marines?"

So I said yes and painted them up bang-up average for Space Marines, going by random images I Googled.

Well, almost. The upside-down omega logo kind of insulted my linguistic sensibilities.

So I painted one with an upside-down omega, one with an upside-down lambda (symbol of LGBT rights), and one with an upside-down omicron (joke).

There's a little tiny bit of NMM gold on their can't-lift-their-shoulders-armor-pieces.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)