TheOldGuard

ME1 - Strider, Citadel 1980's Vintage LOTR

GW... as you can see, they used to make decent miniatures ;) 

And your painting made it even more outstanding!

• Like 4

You painted all three up dang nice, but this one is my favorite. Nice to see these oldies getting some loving. 

• Like 1

Great colours!

I love how you weathered the bottom of that cloak.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robsontpm said:

GW... as you can see, they used to make decent miniatures ;) 

And your painting made it even more outstanding!

Thanks! There's some really nice figures in this range.

18 hours ago, KruleBear said:

You painted all three up dang nice, but this one is my favorite. Nice to see these oldies getting some loving. 

Thanks! I like him a lot too.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great colours!

I love how you weathered the bottom of that cloak.

Thank you! He's just been tracking Gollum. :poke:

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You did a nice job on him, and he's a surprisingly good-looking figure from the 80s.

Many thanks!

• Like 2

Lots of things were better in the eighties, but I'm sure your paint job is better now than it was back then, beautiful! love the subdued greens, like in a shadowy forest.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Meet Raven! And her hound Foxy! Member of the Red Cloaks band of mercenaries traveling the Land. Ranged support while providing knowledge of how to survive outside of civilization.
      Not that stops Ernie's complaining...

60181: Adowyn & Leryn (Iconic Hunter & Wolf) painted in Autumn palette with NMM, Texture, and Freehand. This was another miniature full of fiddly bits to paint. After watching Bobby Jackson sculpt on the Reaper LIVE show, I think this was a digital sculpt! Looking forward to seeing this miniature in the BONES version. 

• By Weird-O
      Another NPC for Dragon Age gaming, a Dalish Elf.

• By Doublesix66
      Getting all, I have just been painting up a couple of teams for my friends to play blood bowl again, I haven't played for years since I was in the Waterbowl league, it was fun to paint up some fantasy again been doing a lot of sci-fi-fi and Modern military recently so it was a welcome change and has spurred me on to dig out the box with all my unpainted teams in it and get one done each month.

This was the progress of the Wood Elf team which are called the 'Bare Arsed Chiefs'

Nearly finished just needs the bases/numbering doing 

The other team team I was doing at the same time was a norse one same stage just needs the bases/numbering doing 

Been fun as I said I'll get some pictures of my other teams done which are Skaven, Undead (with werewolves), halfings, Vampire Counts, Amazon

Raided my bits box to add some Team Score, turn & re-roll markers

Just deciding which team to do next .. any requests

• By Pingo
      So, uh, these are actual actual Space Marines from Citadel. I got a little sprue of them at Free Comics Day a year or two ago. The date on the sprue said 2005, so perhaps they are obsolete models.

I had plans to do them up oddly, maybe sparkly purple or something, but then someone running a game I'm in said "Hey, do you have any space marines?"

So I said yes and painted them up bang-up average for Space Marines, going by random images I Googled.

Well, almost. The upside-down omega logo kind of insulted my linguistic sensibilities.

So I painted one with an upside-down omega, one with an upside-down lambda (symbol of LGBT rights), and one with an upside-down omicron (joke).

There's a little tiny bit of NMM gold on their can't-lift-their-shoulders-armor-pieces.

• By Pingo
      More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.

PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.

And then there were parts left over.

Sooo ...  I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).

Well, what can you do with a torso?

Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.

I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.

I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.

I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.

Here are the two of them done:

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)