TheOldGuard

ME1 - Strider, Citadel 1980's Vintage LOTR

GW... as you can see, they used to make decent miniatures ;) 

And your painting made it even more outstanding!

• Like 4

You painted all three up dang nice, but this one is my favorite. Nice to see these oldies getting some loving. 

• Like 1

Great colours!

I love how you weathered the bottom of that cloak.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robsontpm said:

GW... as you can see, they used to make decent miniatures ;) 

And your painting made it even more outstanding!

Thanks! There's some really nice figures in this range.

18 hours ago, KruleBear said:

You painted all three up dang nice, but this one is my favorite. Nice to see these oldies getting some loving. 

Thanks! I like him a lot too.

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great colours!

I love how you weathered the bottom of that cloak.

Thank you! He's just been tracking Gollum. :poke:

4 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You did a nice job on him, and he's a surprisingly good-looking figure from the 80s.

Many thanks!

• Like 2

Lots of things were better in the eighties, but I'm sure your paint job is better now than it was back then, beautiful! love the subdued greens, like in a shadowy forest.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By korimar
      Darksword Miniatures Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 by Dave Summers

• By Pingo
      So while I was shopping at Ral Partha Europe (not the same as Ral Partha), I spotted some figures from Das Schwarze Auge which looked kind of nice in an Old School sort of way.

Das Schwarze Auge was apparently Germany's answer to D&D in the 1980s. It was (might still be) quite popular there.

I don't know the history of the figures.

This is Das Schwarze Auge 15500F, "Female Elf Ranger". I have been thinking of her as "Plains Elf".

I started this figure a while back, keeping it at the back of my painting table and adding bits as I painted other things.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I already painted her face before I took a picture.

• By EvilJames
      Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side.

This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi.
      Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)