• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      The Secret of Innsmouth. Act Three: Metamorphosis!
      This campaign features new sculpts that will, if the campaign is successful, join the existing Mythos range of 28mm scale white metal miniatures from Blind Beggar Miniatures..
      Whereas the first two Acts demonstrated the first stages of transformation into the Hybrid, this sequel features the final stages of the Metamorphosis from Hybrids into full blown Deep Ones.
      This campaign will allow for the Hybrids released in Acts One and Two, and the Dark Clergy, to be added to your Pledge if you choose to. .
      Alongside the Deep Ones and Hybrids there is also the chance to get your hands on the human populace of Innsmouth. These could represent the 'untainted' members of the population or, alternatively, Government Agents or Investigators who are attempting to eliminate this activity in this cursed coastal region.
      Act Three: The Deep Ones of Innsmouth.

As you can see from the pictures above, the transformation from Hybrid to Deep One moves slowly through various stages. The process of metamorphosis means the loss of their more 'human-like' features that are still in existence in the earlier Hybrid phases. These features begin to disappear as they gradually take on the semblance of the creatures of Dagon and become Deep Ones and take to the water. 
      As Deep Ones age they continue to grow and become much larger and bulkier as they reach Ancient One status.
    • By Talae
      Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos for 5e, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petersengames/sandy-petersens-cthulhu-mythos-for-5e
      The book looks great!

Also, the ala cart minis are a nice touch!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ccgames/war-titans-invaders-must-die-1?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery

About
      War Titans is a cooperative game in which 2 to 4 Players face waves of Invaders controlled by the mechanics of the game itself. Every Player acts as the Pilot of a Titan, a powerful combat robot capable of facing the menace of the giant monsters. The aim of the game is to close the Rifts which the monsters are coming from and destroy as many Invaders as possible, trying to avoid flattening out the whole planet in the process!

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1449412950/wild-assent-survive-the-arena-and-tame-the-wilds?ref=discovery

Don't miss the adventure, danger or sweet, sweet miniatures. Click the above "Notify me on launch" button now to be notified the instant the Wild Assent campaign goes live!
      As a special thanks to early backers, if you pledge for Wild Assent within the first 72 hours of the campaign, you'll receive Lady Aylwen and the Unicorn (and all of their cardboard goodies) absolutely FREE!
      Wild Assent is a 1-4 player miniatures board game with player-versus-player and solo/cooperative modes. Battle your opponents in the gladiatorial arenas of the Silvestrem in Wild Assent’s skirmish-style Arena mode. Hunt the dangerous creatures of the Wilds, by yourself or with friends, fighting not just for survival, but to keep your expedition alive in the campaign-based Hunt mode. Regardless of the mode you choose, Wild Assent offers tactical and entertaining combat combined with strategic an interesting decisions to make before the miniatures even hit the board.
      Wild Assent is the complete package. It features incredible miniatures, quality cardboard components and engaging gameplay. Its PvP skirmish and solo/cooperative survival modesoffer vastly different play experiences while sharing the same fundamental combat mechanics.
      The core game box for Wild Assent contains everything you need to begin your expedition into the Wilds or to crush your enemies in the gladiatorial arenas of the Silvestrem. No adventure in either realm will be the same as the last as Wild Assent's customization options and deck mechanics ensure replayability for years to come.
      Wild Assent miniatures are made from a HIPS-based material that retains an amazing amount of detail from the original 3D sculpt. Each miniature is produced as a single piece, allowing for more dynamic poses, intricate bases and absolutely zero assembly. 
      A good number of Wild Assent miniatures have already been produced. Molds have been made and we are able to present them to you as mass production models in the video below.
      Wild Assent minis are made in 32mm scale. For those who want to see what it actually means, here are some of the minis shown on size chart below. While Berlyn as a rather short human barely passes 30mm, some of the bigger creatures are easily getting over 50mm in height.
      Prior to campaign launch we sent some Wild Assent production miniatures to King of Average who created a short unboxing video.

• By Metalchaos
      Reaper Miniatures 03716 Ghouls sculpted by Bob Ridolfi and old school RAFM 02953 Ghoul Warlock.

I painted these in August for a D&D encounter but I had to repaint them because the varnish has created a white fume all over the models when I sealed them. It probably happened to many of you as well. It was the third time I wasted painted models because of that undesirable fume without being able to put my finger on the reason why. I think I now know why it happen.

Trick or treat : A true horror story

It was very humid outside that last August. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to shelter myself in the basement while I was speed painting some exquisite Reaper Miniature models. Late that day, as I was done painting a hand full of Undead models, I decided to seal them with that half-full / half-empty "you choose" can of anti shine matt varnish. It's important to mention that I had already used that very same spray can a month earlier.

This being said, after shaking the spray can for a good minute or so, I opened the basement door leading into the backyard. Immediatly, a draft of hot and humid air invaded the doorway and shook my face. I remember swearing when I felt the moisture condensing to beads of sweat on my skin. Without losing a second, wanting to get back to shelter in my man cave, I spray some figurines. In the darkness of the night, everything seemend to be allright under the dim light of the portico.

The day after, I noticed the damage. By a terrible curse, the models I spayed the night before were covered with a thin, powdery layer of white dust. I gazed around looking for sneering Gremlins but saw nothing unusual. Disconcerted, I became aware of the extent of the damage. There has to be a logical explanation behind this ghouly phenomenon.

As much as I like science fiction and horror stories, I had to find a scientific explanation to all this madness. Wasting other models by this evil spell was not an option. I reused the same spay can to make a test. The only parameter that seemed to be different was the fact that it was very humid and hot outside the night before.

I did not want to ruin hours of time spent painting another model to do this test. So, I sprayed a colored cardboard. Furthermore, I made an exception to the sanitary rule and used the spray can inside. The result was surprising. Even though I was using the same spay can, there was no fume this time. Since then, I've been reusing that same spry can on other models whitout any problem.

What happened that draid August night? Was it the imps playing tricks on me or just the excessive difference of temperature and the heavy humidity in the air catched by the aerosol varnish? I will probably never know but one thing is for sure, I will always test my spray can on an expendable object before spraying my art.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)