SamuraiJack

Chibi Capsule Magical Girls & Monsters

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

they didn't ever give them different names.

They changed the names (sort of, lol) after your comment! so that's good. I was a little hung up on that (not hung up enough to not pledge obviously, lol)

It's not my field of law, but between the different art style and name changes, I would speculate that it's distinct enough to avoid issues

Edited by TheMandolin
  • Like 4

Plenty of miniature companies have knock-offs, though they're obviously riskier through KS than retail. IM has done at least two of them. :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/classic-dungeon-adventurers-miniature-set-chibi-an

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/little-urban-achievers-set-of-14-in-spincast-resin?ref=profile_created

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

There's a new update

What an incredible first 24 hours! Thank you backers! 4 Unlocked Stretch Goals

Posted by Impact! Miniatures (Creator)

What a great first 29 hours. We are in awe as we hoped but did not expect to be sending our first update not only funded but with 4 unlocked extra miniatures!

So thanks for helping us fund (it took 14 minutes) and for unlocking 4 stretch goals all in the first day of the project.

So we unlocked all four of the character and beast Magical Girl Riders! So all of these will be sculpted and available as 3-D prints!

26ff99b2f905cdf1be2aee3d9bb341aa_original.png?w=700&fit=max&v=1521063093&auto=format&lossless=true&s=90160f12781285bcac92e7b73eb848c7

Chibi Capsule and Impact! are both really looking forward to making these figures for everyone.

And now with that success ... we want to announce Stretch Goals #6 to #9 which will move the Riders from 3-D prints over to spin cast resin which once we can pay for all the molding will allow the KickStarter to offer these figures at a much lower price!

ead5fdfc02d95dad651eab20cb12197c_original.png?w=700&fit=max&v=1521063484&auto=format&lossless=true&s=41dca88e800c6bcf7219c6d579b31c88

We are very grateful to our support during this project. I'm working with Heriberto to come up with even more fun items to bring to us over the next 2+ weeks!

Thank you again backers!

Tom @ Impact!

So two things on the IP front.

I have no intention of trying to go for IP issues so if something has an IP-ish name and I was not aware ... definitely let me know.

I was not a hardcore gamer and so when I ported in the catalog from Chibi Capsule to set this up of what he had sculpted ... I did not know the 2B or 9S connection.   Gladly named changed them once @redambrosia mentioned it to me.   Like I said ... I have no intentions of pulling a tiger's tail.

That said ... in almost all cases ... a major change in artwork (ie move to Chibi style) and a change to any IP related names is normally all that is required to not have an issue.   That has been our experience in our business and working with other companies during the last 12 years.

However ... I like being safe rather than sorry ... so if you think there are any other names that need to change ... let me know.   Happy to do so.

Thanks for everyone that said they loved the figures.   I really look forward to producing these.   This project is an experiment for my company as I started commercial 3-D printing fantasy miniatures for hire for other companies late last year.   I had several of my long time KickStarter backers order some to test them out and they all told me they were as good a quality as cast minis.  So with that feedback I made the decision when Chibi Capsule came to me and asked if we could do a KickStarter for his designs in partnership to give it a go and see what happens!

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So many tempting figures in this one. Are Mariya and the Fighting Girlfriend inspired by "Girls und Panzer", or is it a inspired from another source? Whatever the case, it's a great sculpt. Like others have mentioned, Corgberus makes this project almost impossible to skip for chibi fans like me. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

So many tempting figures in this one. Are Mariya and the Fighting Girlfriend inspired by "Girls und Panzer", or is it a inspired from another source? Whatever the case, it's a great sculpt. Like others have mentioned, Corgberus makes this project almost impossible to skip for chibi fans like me. 

Mariya inspiration was this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya

And thanks for the kind words on Corgberus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey @impactminiaturesI would definitely recommend looking at renaming the Max and Chloe figures, as they bear more than a passing resemblance to Max and Chloe from Life is Strange.

I haven't backed yet to tell you in the comments, but I'm definitely going to have to, at least for the pirate and the princess...

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Here's hoping no pics of those gnolls are posted, might fail my will save.... O_o

Hmmm ... <ring/ring, ring/ring> "yeah Painter guy ... can you finish painting the Gnoll before working on the Princess ... yes ... okay cool thanks."  ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5