Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Arc 724
This is the piece I did for @Leopardpixie. This was a labor of love as I did the water effect in that magnitude for the first time.
Hope you enjoy it.
HERE IS THE WORK IN PROGRESS FOR IT
Ok , time to put that things in the show off section.
Did not really know what to do with naming so I though that would be funny name haha, now up to you to decide which is what :D
here last pic, did not find something suitable enough to add some exterior background so I just keep it simple here.
Wip thread here :
Big thanks for the advice and feedback during the wip , special thanks to @Heisler , his advice helped me narrow down the scene to a state I could manage to move forward and progress on this.
Each project is a learning experience :D ..one thing I won't do again is actually to start fight on 2 fronts, doing the scene while also doing the figure paint is a bit time consuming and make harder to focus.
Since it's a reaper Diorama , I will add it to the yearly contest as well :D..
Been working on this project for some time now, and hoping to get it done for a local competition in september.
Still a lot to do, but I'm mostly happy with what I have made so far..
I bought a bits-box with loads of Wahammer bits, and decided to try and sculpt a bigger tyranid out those bits, as a maine character for the scene. I find the sculpting as fun as the painting..and well, the Warhammer stuff seems rather expensive.
I know nothing of the Warhammer 40K world, so it also been fun reading and researching for stuff.
This will be a scene in the Wahmmaer 40K world. Three tau XV25's and one drone (not pictured) are behind enemy lines, and attack some sort of Tyranid base..
First two pictures a finished minis, A Tau XV25 (its a battle-suit with a 'tau-person' inside), and a small tyranid.
Next is the big tyranid, grey stuff is from the bits box, light-brown is Fimo sculpting clay and green is green-stuff. It is mostly done, but need a bit of grinding a maybe a few more details. The tail is going to end into next picture, where the tau is in big trouble (or is he?). The tau is painted, but the tail is just sculpted and a few strokes of priming.
The part where the tail is shot to pieces is made of small pieces of fishing line, white-glue and sculpting paste. I glued the fishing line more or less randomly in place with super-glue-gel, super glue to hold the two pieces of tail in place. Covered everything with water thinned white-glue. put on some blobs af sculpting paste and covered everything in water-thinned white glue again.
Last pictures is the base, mostly just primed. The tau's are attacking from the left side of the first picture, and the small tyranid will be lurking in the cave.
Feel free to suggest, critiq and comment on anything, thanks for looking.
Who's Online 28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Olaf the Stout
- Green Eyed Monster
- Jordan Peacock
- Doug Sundseth
- Xiwo Xerase