Impressed with the marbling, it goes on my list of things to try. Enabler!

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 1

Very nice! I am planning on doing mine either black or dark green marble. What is this "marbling spray" you speak of? Your crypt looks very impressive. Well done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

Very nice! I am planning on doing mine either black or dark green marble. What is this "marbling spray" you speak of? Your crypt looks very impressive. Well done!

It's Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray. It's basically a spray paint can that sprays out a webbing of paint instead of a unified cone. I've found it in gold in stores, but had to order the black online. There's also a white, but that was also only available online and was much more expensive, especially since I wasn't sure how it'd turn out when I ordered it. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

It's Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray. It's basically a spray paint can that sprays out a webbing of paint instead of a unified cone. I've found it in gold in stores, but had to order the black online. There's also a white, but that was also only available online and was much more expensive, especially since I wasn't sure how it'd turn out when I ordered it. 

Thank you! I'll have to have a look at the stores around here and see what they have. I didn't know such a thing existed! It looks great on your crypt!

• Like 1

That marbling effect is awesome.  And the understated purples in conjunction with the relatively neutral tones of the rest of the model, makes for a subtlety sinister feel.  It's an awesome piece of terrain I'd be tempted to have as the backdrop of any minis I'd paint from here on out were it mine!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kelcore said:

That marbling effect is awesome.  And the understated purples in conjunction with the relatively neutral tones of the rest of the model, makes for a subtlety sinister feel.  It's an awesome piece of terrain I'd be tempted to have as the backdrop of any minis I'd paint from here on out were it mine!  

I'll have to take that under advisement. I'd have thought that using something like that as a backdrop for minis photos might be a little distracting, but I may have to give it a shot.

• Like 2