Reaper Ron

DD1: The Vanishing Blackguard - a FREE PDF Adventure!

In January, we shipped out thousands of our first Dungeon Dweller mini, Sir Rictus the undying. Now, you can use Sir Rictus in an old-school dungeon crawl, written by our very own Reaper Hall of Fame inductee Joseph Wolf!

The best part? It's FREE! That's right! Download it right now for free at www.reapermini.com/dungeondwellers

Thanks to our friends at Troll Lord Games for the use of their fantastic Castles & Crusades RPG rules!

PDF_DD1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Cannot express how pleased and proud I am to have the opportunity to share content in support of Reaper Dungeon Dwellers with the Reaper Community. Over the years I've been writing and running the official ReaperCon events and the Reaper fans are absolutely unmatched in their love of Reaper and the hobby. Their enthusiasm is infectious and they're just cool to eat BBQ with.

It's an honor and privilege to share the Reaper Dungeon Dwellers setting with ya'll. We've got big plans and great things coming down the pike: cool characters, neat locations, encounters and adventures, and even a new beast or two.

Have at it and tell us what you thing!

>>ReaperWolf

p.s. I'm especially keen to read what players and gamemasters have to write about Sir Rictus. <maniacal cackle!>

Edited by ReaperWolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Revised PDF has been uploaded; changes include fixing some typos, corrections to tables, overall cleanup and clarity.

• Like 5

Thanks very much!

I have the Free RPG Day adventure "A Pot of Broken Bones" by Brian Young, which has pregens for four 4th level characters. I'm not finding the Free RPG Day Quickstarts and adventures online, so maybe Troll Lord could offer them with the Dungeon Dwellers adventures, with suggested Reaper miniatures. A peeve I have with premade adventures is tracking down the miniatures for them, so thanks for including the appendix of Reaper miniatures to use with the adventure. Perhaps future adventures could be of Bones miniatures and the miniatures themselves also sold as "Bones Bundles", much like the original Dungeon Dwellers adventure sets. The appendix is also very useful so I know what miniatures to pick out of my collection to better prepare for a game.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, ced1106 said:

Thanks very much!

I have the Free RPG Day adventure "A Pot of Broken Bones" by Brian Young, which has pregens for four 4th level characters. I'm not finding the Free RPG Day Quickstarts and adventures online, so maybe Troll Lord could offer them with the Dungeon Dwellers adventures, with suggested Reaper miniatures. A peeve I have with premade adventures is tracking down the miniatures for them, so thanks for including the appendix of Reaper miniatures to use with the adventure. Perhaps future adventures could be of Bones miniatures and the miniatures themselves also sold as "Bones Bundles", much like the original Dungeon Dwellers adventure sets. The appendix is also very useful so I know what miniatures to pick out of my collection to better prepare for a game.

You're very welcome! 

Adding an appendix with useful miniatures was a no-brainer. The Bones Bundles concept is already under way, just gotta pull it all together! Stay tuned!

BTW, DD2 (title forthcoming, but will feature the Bloodbite Goblins) is already being developed. We hope we can implement a Bones Bundle when this one launches.

DD1 Really grew beyond the initial scope, but it was just too cool to not keep going with it. I expect DD2 to be a little more modest in terms of size.

• Like 6

This is very very cool. Too bad there isn't a Basic/LL version ;). 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Loim said:

This is very very cool. Too bad there isn't a Basic/LL version ;). 

Love Goblinoid Games stuff. Conversion from C&C to LL (Advanced or Basic) should be a snap. Attributes/Ability Scores are almost identical. Monster stats should be very close. Saving throws would need a little tinkering but not insurmountable.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 4

My GM ran me through this adventure last night, great fun, brutal and hilarious. I recommend a group of 5 in the middle of the range, for maximum pain.  !)

There is a lot of good grind punctuated by great ancounters, from scary to funny to anoying, and still fun. Descriptions are fantastic and setups are great. This adventure gives a lot of great ideas for other dungeons as well. It shows how with a little, cleaver re-imagining even the mundane can be threatening.

[spoilers] 
Just about every room has somethign wonderful in it, but here are my highlights.
Frog Killer (now coined Death Tongue) was awesome.
Troll Mummy, another great monster. Suggest having two, if the party is on the high end.
The Gibbering Mouther with the Rats was the fight we had the most difficulty with, for some reason. No one got diseased, but it was the longest fight in the adventure.
Best part, by far, the Gremlin Mischief. Saving that random chart for future use. Illusionist lost all her hair, I wound up green for two weeks and the Paladin got a potion of lesser healing. Priceless.
[/spoilers]

Thanks for the kind words dude!

I'd love to read more first hand accounts especially in regards to encounters with the Blackguard himself - Sir Rictus.

• Like 2