KruleBear

Dragon Hatchling Bones 77273 Black and 77272 Green

Excellent work for a TT paint job! I've definitely been disappointed in a few of the bones casts and how they throw off otherwise really nice sculpts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments Schirf. I definately have a love hate relationship with Bones minis. I love the price, brcause it allows me to get pieces I wouldn't normally buy and to allow my five year old to have some of his own minis to play with i.e. Great for the gamer in me. But the painter in me hates the mold lines, soft detals, and floppy smallpieces---especially when you are painting one and realise how awesome the sculpt itself is. 

• Like 4

The bigger Bones are better and the newer versions are also better in detail.

Anyway, you did a good job on these!

• Like 2

That has been my impression as well, I just haven't gotten around to painting any of the larger ones....although there is a froghemoth prepped and primed on my bench! :rolleyes:

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Thanks for the comments Schirf. I definately have a love hate relationship with Bones minis. I love the price, brcause it allows me to get pieces I wouldn't normally buy and to allow my five year old to have some of his own minis to play with i.e. Great for the gamer in me. But the painter in me hates the mold lines, soft detals, and floppy smallpieces---especially when you are painting one and realise how awesome the sculpt itself is. 

This!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The bigger Bones are better and the newer versions are also better in detail.

Anyway, you did a good job on these!

I've definitely noticed this as well.

• Like 2

I agree about the smaller Bones; but I think you still pulled off a pretty darn good paint job.

• Like 1