I'm back to being late again!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge the first:
March 26th is National Purple Day (raising awareness for epilepsy) - so paint a figure in monochrome purple. (Yes I know a slime would be an easy candidate)

Bonus Challenge the second:
April Fools' Brigade - Paint a mini in a completely nonsensical paint scheme or other silliness. ex: CAV with a giant bullseye on it, Adventurer with a shield that says "I'm with tasty ->" or something similar.

Bonus Challenge the Fiv Three, sir, three!
Monty Python and the Holy Grail released 33 years ago in April - paint up a figure to resemble a character from the movie

Spoiler

Not that reaper makes a 'not Tim the Enchanter' or anything...

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 6

Placeholder...

4 shadespire dwarves in progress.

As well as a ton of others...

I like purple... Illithid pirate, hmmmm.

• Like 4

okay well the first two challenges seem totally doable. 

1. Troll Slayer Sophie     
2. Pergrine Falcon 

3. rawhide survivor 
4. thief

5. Minotaur champion 

6. knight of the Autum Moon 
7. Mystic Theurge 

8. lion armor survivor 

-- In progress- 

9. gorgon 

10. pathfinder thief 

April goal: 

Finish Bones 2 Core set:  (13)

and DDS2 (just the dwarf left) 

Write and edit a short story or two, an extension of my NaNoWriMo novel experience.

Paint 3 figures from Core set- including the last  Large figure (troll king) 

Paint the ball of dung that came with the Dung Beetle Knight. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

Placeholder post, as I don't have any completed, but I do intend on focusing on a few things...

• Ebonwrath's d20 random rainbow dragon, with a river running through a forest base.  I've wanted to finish him, and I've wanted to do a nice custom base.  Might be more than I can handle, but only way to find out is to just go for it.
  • Hajad from the Layer up! LTPK....  Because I want to finish the LTPK's ::P:
  • My two Bones Minotaurs, and the two Bones Gnolls.

Challenges seem particularly interesting...  So tempted to paint someone up in like...  hot pink and neon orange plate armor, especially if it were a death knight....  Because that's totally intimidating (actually, it probably would be but still!).  Two of the three challenges seem tempting, third one I'll have to see, as I'd have to look further into Monty Python due to not remember very many of the characters...

April 21 EDIT: So far, haven't gotten a single one finished, but I've gotten a lot of work done here and there, namely with bases, and then getting miniatures set up for priming.  I've also gotten decently far on my Skaven Warlord, but "in progress" doesn't count ::P:

Jan/Feb progress was 6/8, and Mar/Apr progress right now is at 0/9, currently leaving me at 6/17 for overall progress so far.  Sure, it isn't as much as I'd like, but the key thing is actually sitting down and hobbying, which is what I'm doing, and I'm more than happy about that.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2

Hmm. I should try to find a good April Fools figure. Hrrrmmmmm..... what about a bug that says Squish Me?

• Like 3

March/April were much less productive for me and I completely failed to paint 3/week....  But I did manage to get a couple figures done and might get a few more done before the month end.

March:

Finaela

Malek

Elquin

April:

Kallaguk

Gauntfield

Rugg

Mogg

Kegg

bi-monthly goal: 8/24

yearly goal: 33/156

Edited by Disserrma
  • Like 4

So, thought things had settled down and I'd get to try some of the extra challenges (which looked fun). Instead (to keep things short) my father-in-law is now moved in with us until he gets a placement in a permanent care facility.  Needless to say, thing have been a bit distracting.

But I did manage to get enough done.

1-10: Reaper IMEF Marines

I'd say that hopefully things will settle down now, but as my wife goes on a trip next week, and the track opens up...next week, and the Montreal GP is in June,  oh, and I should really start looking for a job ,I don't foresee things settling down....

• Like 2

WhooHoo!  I made my goal again.

1: Sphinx

Pathfinder Iconics:

2: Oloch

3: Quinn

4: Reiko

5: Imrijka

6: Sajan

7: Nakayama Hayato

8:-9 Harsk and Biter

10: Alahazra

11: Balazar

12: Alain

13-14: Lini and Droogami

15: Crowe

Jan: 12     Mar: 1

Feb: 3       Apr: 14

2018 Total: 30

• Like 4

Got a lot of things started, but nothing finished this period.  Here's hoping to get that momentum going again, and not only doing all the stuff for next period, but also catching up so I'm even for the year! ^_^

• Like 3