On 5/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, Crowley said:

Isn't that just the worst?

Yes it is.

I'm not to worried about this one, but I'm hoping I did a better job on the actual farmers.

Progress:-

tikapRM.jpgKawfBPE.jpg

Oily Steel metal bits and Parasite Brown wooden bits, and my grinding stone is all done.

• Like 11

Made a little start to the first of my farmers, Millstone:-

8NYB5xG.jpg

Painted her skin (1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh > 1:1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh/Light Flesh), and her hair (1:1 Lonestar Leather/Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow) although I think the hair could probably use another highlight.

I tried to do what I could to her mouth and eyes, but she doesn't really have much of a face.

I do wish mini manufacturers wouldn't insist that PVC was the future :down:

• Like 8

On 5/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

These look great! You're tempting me to buy more minis- not good!!

When referring to the dull metal look, are you referring to galvanized steel?

Thanks!

And yes, I do think that was the word I was looking for.

i45zDxB.jpgXWFVhJL.jpg

Finished her hair with a final highlight of 2:1 Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite.

Then I painted her apron thingy. This was a base of Sick Green, shaded with 1:1 Sick Green/Leather Brown and highlighted with 2:1 Light Green/Sick Green and Light Green with 2 brushtipfuls of the previous highlight layer.

It also got Cork Brown stitches/bottom layer of her weird double belt, Ochre Yellow guild symbol, Leather Brown straps and Bronze buckles. These all got a Brown Wash and still need highlighting.

• Like 7

rfUfrEK.jpg6pBCasw.jpg

I'm still learning how my new computer works, and I've managed to lose all the piccys I've taken over the last few days, so a big jump in progress.

Millstone got trousers (Magic Blue > Black Wash > Magic Blue > 1:1 Magic Blue/Andrea Blue), the cloth parts of her leg armour is Stone Grey with Oily Steel buckles, and the armour itself is 1:4 Lonestar Leather/Bonewhite > Brown Wash > 1:4 Lonestar Leather/Bonewhite > Bonewhite with 3 brushtipfuls of the previous layer.

Boots and gloves are 1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown and the axes have Parasite Brown handles with Oily Steel heads.

Just got the base to go.

• Like 6

Chosen the next farmer, Fallow:-

ZIcRzw0.jpg

Just made a start to her skin (1:1 Stone Grey/Rosy Flesh) while things were drying, not too sure when I'll do more to her.

• Like 4