Pingo

A Vampire in Velvet: 60138: Sheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain by Pingo

Really nice miniature. I also painted this figure up as a vampire, though with a different colour palette. She works well for more refined vampires that aren't all tarted up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Really nice miniature. I also painted this figure up as a vampire, though with a different colour palette. She works well for more refined vampires that aren't all tarted up.

Ooooh, please tell me you have pictures!

I spotted this one in a group shot of your vampire collection, it's a good choice.  I especially love how you nailed the feel of the velvet, it's a tricky fabric in so many ways.  ^_^ 

• Like 2

She looks amazing; very nice work on her! I really like the freehand you did along the bottom of her dress.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Apparently I never started a WIP thread for this miniature. This is Reaper's 50304: Rowena Von Graaf, sculpted by Julie Guthrie, which I started painting a long time ago. She's a fun steampunk figure.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I decided to paint her with a pretty black face.

Here's a close-up of her face. There are tiny white points which are microscopic unpainted pits in the figure. They are much smaller irl than they show up in the photographs. I am slowly (maddeningly) working to fill them in as I go.

I decided to paint her underskirt pink. This is Quinacridone Magenta lightened with Titanium White.

And the base coat on her dress and spats is straight Red Oxide.

And this is where I left her (cough) about a year and a half ago. More to come!
    • By Brianuk
      Nearly finished with the Dungeon Dwellers special from Reaper. Will add a goblet (is that just red wine?) to the base and have a final go at highlights. 
      The base is thin Cork sheet from The Range (if you are in the UK) layered up. It tears very easily but good for things like this. 

• By Pingo
      Who says elves have to be sprightly woodland-lovers? (Oh, and hey, @Beagle, I'm painting elves!).

I spotted this recent Reaper release, sculpted by Werner Klocke, and thought he looked interesting.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I usually start with the skin on character minis. A good mix for Caucasian-type flesh in the pale ranges is straight Burnt Sienna and Titanium White, which is how I started him.

I laid in a wash of dark blackish mixed from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna over his hair and shaded his skin a bit with of Burnt Umber in the skin mix.

Went in and painted his face in some detail.

Later: More!
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, from the Pathfinder line, sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted her up as a Jadeborn for a game of Exalted. The Jadeborn come in three castes, one of which looks like elves made of jade  and the other two look like dwarves made of earth tones. I used this as an excuse to paint up some dwarves, which I hadn't done much of, in the WIP thread, "Jade Green and Seven Dwarfs, here.

She was fun to paint. There is a lot of great detail on her.

• By Pingo
      Hasslefree has some fun sci fi characters, including quite a few space dwarves. This is HG405, Pilot Hayden. I'm not entirely sure, but I think she might be a tribute to Starbuck on the "Battlestar Galactica" remake. She has a cigar and a complex gun. It's the first time I've painted a gun where I'm reasonably happy at how the shiny look turned out.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)