Sign in to follow this  
alchemist

Hasslefree Miniatures - Village Kiddies

I've seen them in real life. They are minuscule!

A lovely job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I've seen them in real life. They are minuscule!

A lovely job.

Yup, I bought some of their children and am wondering if I have the patience to paint these little minis to half the quality achieved here. 

• Like 1

They look very tiny indeed, but they are beautifully painted. You did a great job on the faces!

On 3/21/2018 at 11:16 AM, alchemist said:

Hasslefree Children - isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Yes, it is.:lol:

Very good work on painting them, though. I've got these figures, so I know how small they are.

• Like 1

I gave you a "haha" for the opening statement... very funny,  brings back fond reminiscence of my spawn.

Great work, gnomes and goblins make my brain hurt... those... ugh

Good paintin

• Like 1

Very cute! You painted them up nicely. I have painted the Hasslefree Jedi children so I know how tiny they are.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA180, Monique, part of a group of modern adventurers I've been working on.

There is no WIP thread.

• By Pochi
      My oldest son loves Star Wars probably more than I do. He has 3 children - a girl and a set of twins (girl and boy). When my kids were little, every year they received an ornament in their stocking. I thought that when they grew up and flew the nest, they would have some ornaments for their own Christmas trees. I decided to do the same for my grandkids and decided to make ornaments using the Mystic Warriors from Hasslefree. I am overall happy with how they turned out.

There is no photo of "Leia" in the ornament yet as I haven't put her in it!)

• By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA181: Big Charles, painted up as a vampire (although he could do duty for something else awful and inhuman as well, maybe a zombie). I had accidentally acquired two of him and this seemed a reasonable use for the extra one, especially since one of my GMs is running a vampire-heavy campaign.

He hasn't got a shadow on purpose because vampire ...

There is no WIP thread. Critiques, questions, and comments are welcome, as always.

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA183 from their modern adventurers line. Our game needed some regular modern mook types, and Hasslefree is pretty good with them.

I started him ages ago, but life and politics intervened.

There is no WIP thread.

• Who's Online   44 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)