Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

03712 Ogre Guard

I really need to get some of these new Ogres. Every time someone posts one of them, I want one.  Your paint is excellent and, indeed, makes me want to get one.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      Sometimes an Ogre just has to go clubbing. :-)
      Tried a different painting technique on this guy and a few others. I think it works reasonably on the skin, but still looks kind of scratchy in some places; murky in others.

• By Lidless Eye
      A tribe of Ogres from Reaper Miniatures. I was originally just going to get the Matriarch, having previously traded away the other Ogres from the Kickstarter core set, thinking I had enough from my former Ogre Kingdoms army for Warhammer.  Seeing them all together in person changed my mind!

Sadly, my not-so-local shop was out of the Smasher.  I'll have to add him in later!

The Matriarch.  I'm tempted to get another and convert her to look more like a fighter.  I was tempted to slice down the Goblin servant's ears and paint him as a baby Ogre on a leash.

The Chieftain.  I love his door-shield!

The Clubber (not to be confused with the Ogre Raver)

The Guard.

• By vulture
      I batch painted these guys, they were just begging to be done as a group. It took longer than I expected for what amounts to a speedpaint, but I think the unified look was worth the grind. Im not super happy with the colors I chose, but once I had committed there was no going back.
      I do like the blue goblins, though. This year is shaping up to be "the year of the goblin" with all the goblins I have in my queue, so, their blue skin is nice variation. Blue goblins aren't often seen on the boards, and Ive always liked them (and I seem to recall buglips hating them ).
      The ogres are great sculpts, some of my favorite generic ogres ever. Im happy to have them.

I'm looking forward to fleshing out the ranks a bit more. I plan to add the aquatic ogre, and the half ogre, as well as the new goblin command (all sculpted by Bobby Jackson, I believe). I was pleasantly surprised to see more goblin grunts as special edition minis this month - Ill have to get those as well.
      Anyhow, enough rambling, enjoy the pics!

The whole crew  "everyone get in there":

"now just the goblins"

"the happy couple"

"and one of the kids"

"OK, two. Cant get enough of them."

Comments and critiques are always appreciated. There are 14 bases here (and more minis if you count each gobbo) so if anyone would like some detail shots just holler and Ill happily add more.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Online hangout production?

Muchos Gracias,
      Kev!
    • By Pochi
      This is Miss Ogre 2017. Steve Harvey realized he made a mistake and that she actually came in second but when he tried to rectify the mistake, she ate him.

I had such a good time painting her. I kept having Shrek flashbacks. First, "Get outta me swamp!" The Scottish accent made me want to attempt painting plaid. Then realizing that she is wearing two skirts because.....Ogres have layers! I considered giving her a tramp stamp, a beauty mark (her tusks are in the way), and platinum blonde hair. Maybe I will have to get another and do that on the next one.

The little guy has pretty soft features and I couldn't see any mouth or anything on him so I gave him a suggestion of a mouth. I may go back and tweak it a little more. Not 100% sure what the things are hanging from the front of her belt. I almost painted them to be lizard heads! Also, not sure about her dagger looking rusty realistically but it's not bad. Plus, she is appearing in this weekend's game! I can't wait!

Anyway, here she is. I present Miss Ogre 2017!

• Who's Online   46 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)