Geoff Davis

DSM3103 Glenraven female rogue with sword and dagger

Holy smokes, the reflections on those blades are amazing!

I like the sad look in her eyes, and the gentle ombre shading. Her hair and her cloak look just lovely.

• Thanks 1

This is excellent work!

Awesome work on those blades!

One little nitpicking..touch up the rim of the base.

Some paint has flaked off there.

It does distract a little.

Aside from that, competition winner piece!

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2018 at 6:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

One little nitpicking..touch up the rim of the base.

Some paint has flaked off there.

It does distract a little.

I agree.  I am still not thinking about bases when I start a project and it causes me a lot of problems.  I based her on a roughly cut piece of thin plywood and didn't it well enough before gluing her on.  I've repainted it several times but every time I touch the base the paint rubs off the ends of the rough wooden splinters.  I'm going to have to live with it unfortunately.  It's a painful lesson and I will probably make the mistake again.  In fact I know I've made the mistake again already as there are badly based minis still waiting on my shelf of shame.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.  I am working hard to improve.

• Like 4

She is LOVELYWONDERFULLY painted in a BEAUTIFUL array of colors. As a basing nut I am fascinated by the way you did your base; it is unique & very well craft piece. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

I agree.  I am still not thinking about bases when I start a project and it causes me a lot of problems.  I based her on a roughly cut piece of thin plywood and didn't it well enough before gluing her on.  I've repainted it several times but every time I touch the base the paint rubs off the ends of the rough wooden splinters.  I'm going to have to live with it unfortunately.  It's a painful lesson and I will probably make the mistake again.  In fact I know I've made the mistake again already as there are badly based minis still waiting on my shelf of shame.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.  I am working hard to improve.

Just put some brush on sealer on the base as well.

It will protect it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      Dark Sword Miniatures Female witch with wand, sculpted by Jeff Grace. 

• By SGHawkins09
      Fun Dark Sword mage that I finished recently. I painted her fairly quickly so I did not do a WIP thread. I am really happy with how her skin turned out, I think skin is finally clicking with me. Also tried NMM gold for the first time and actually really enjoyed it. Defintely will do more NMM in the future as it made painting the fiddly bits easier. TMM was a pain when I previously painted Dark Sword Miniatures with similar ornaments, it’s good for large areas not so much for tiny ones. One last thing is a slight conversion, she was sculpted with a bottle in her hand that I made into a mushroom to tie her to the base more. 

• By 72moonglum
      So here's the last of the trilogy I was working on, another Shadowrun figure that I finished this morning so that I could start a little vacation tomorrow without any pending figures to distract me. She's a Dennis Mize piece, female gang member with pistol from the great old Shadowrun line

As with the other ones I'll eventually photograph her with the set of four figures in total she comes with, so kept her off a base and just painted the base she came with. Otherwise, the four figures with such large bases wouldn't fit in the photo. These bases in themselves are pretty large so she's pretty stable on it, even though she's kind of teetering on the back side of it.

So enjoy, more miniature mayhem when I get back!

• By 72moonglum
      So I continue painting Shadowrun figures, really enjoying them a lot! 

Tonight's figure is another mage, a Corporate Mage with staff.  I see a few spots I'm not too fond of, but overall not too disappointed. I actually like how her black leather boots turned out!

An odd little aspect of the figure is that curly, frizzy hair she has.  I've seen a number of Dennis Mize sculpts with that hair style. Not really sure why he did that. It was suggested to me that it's because he used often the same heads over again, but still makes me wonder why he did the frizz in the first place

Working on her at the same time as I've been working on another gal with the same flesh tones, so hopefully I'll have another one ready soon!
    • By Metalchaos
      While you enter the dark corridor leading in a gloomy room, you feel your strength slowly drains from your arms. You realize with terror that you are not alone here. Shadows dance around you and dark grimacing faces appear to torment you... Here's a translucent 77369, Shadow, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Dennis Mize.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)