Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

14317 Jos Gebbler AKA the old dried plum

I love a necromancer who actually looks like an old, old, old men who is determined to keep beeing old, but alive, for centuries thanks to his magic. 

To me that miniature was all about trying to keep the detail on the face, not loose it's wrinkles, and maybe I neglected a bit the rest. Now I see it in photo, the clothes could be better (particularly the blacks), and the metals... 

IMG_6586.JPG

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 21

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Boaz
      Got a link to some 1926 saterday evening post full page adds now art ... Here ... the gallery will grow with time and ... if any of you have some cool old school to share, add a link or through up some pics.
    • By Cyradis
      I started painting minis probably around age 13 (2002?). I used enamel paints with mineral spirits thinners, didn't believe in priming, and my brushes were awful. I also indiscriminantly mixed glossy paint and matte paint. I inhaled nasty fumes. It took 30 mins to shake a bottle of paint and a wrench to open it. I was a noob. 

These guys are on my windowsill behind me while I paint now. The lady with the dragon staff is the 6th I painted. The dwarf is the 40th. The others are in order between 6 and 40... except for the matron. She's one of the first I painted when I switched to acrylics in ~2010, but before I found the forums. 

Why do I share this? Because we all start out somewhere. I think it is useful to look back at the old stuff. I had a ton of fun with these, even if they make me cringe now. 

Not doing a nice photoshoot this time. Might be too painful to look at - also takes a lot of setup! 

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, good Friday! Here is DSM8020, the Female Fox Mage. This 28mm pewter model sculpted by David Summers for Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms - Anthropomorphic Animals. The grimoire and dagger inspired me to paint her as a dark fur Necromancer. I was deligted by the amazing detail of this model, the dagger scabbard, the candle monted on the staff and the textured fabric are impressive and were a pleasure to paint.

• By Boaz
      Got a few gifts for the gals in the office ... got me thinking about food (I let them pick the gift subject) ... thought I'd let you all have a snek peek ...

and I'll throw in a few extras ...

Funny how food has hardly changed at all ... or has it ???
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper 03042, the second version of Morrdha, Vampire Noble, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

I don't know what his story is, but both versions are casting something from a book of Up to No Good, and both have a little demon thing lurking at their feet.

I loved the lively cape on this figure, and the melodrama. I decided to paint him ginger and make his armor look appallingly rusty.

Oh, right, and while I did not exactly do NMM or anything, I did paint his sword with pigmented colors instead of my usual sloshing on of metallic silver.

There is no WIP thread, but I would be happy to answer questions. Comments and critiques are also welcome.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)