Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Also for the 5E game, I've started working through my backlog of Bones monsters. While the DM is used to minis, the other players are new to the game and are not. Until we get them trained I'm mostly sticking to Bones and leaving my nicer metal minis at home. Anyway, first up is the Marsh Troll. It was painted using the glaze method that Antimatter promotes for quickly painting scaly beasts to tabletop. This wasn't quite up to his speed, but it was still pretty fast for me.
And for those that followed my WIP, here's a better shot of the the magenta base after water effects were added.
One more ready for the table.
In the 5E game I recently started played, one of the characters created a halfling bard. I had yet to paint Lem from the Kickstarter so he received a quick paint for the tabletop last week. Of course, that player didn't show up to last weeks game but Lem is ready when needed. Now that I look at it I see there are a few little bits that I missed but I doubt I go back and touch him up.
Here's another post.
Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years. He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
Life got in the way. I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.
He sat and sat at the basecoat stage. I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
I am not too happy with it. It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:
I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
Here are some more shots of him.
I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:
He's got a very intense stare.
The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife. I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows. I gave up on that ;)
Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.
With my bride away on a work trip this week, I decided to try to squeeze in a kinda big project... and after dithering about what it should be, I settled on painting one of my many Bones dragons.
Blightfang was actually a main antagonist in a D&D campaign I ran a while back... so that's the one I decided to paint!
Tonight was spent scrubbing him down, after he'd spent the day soaking in soapy water. I partly glued him together, and then got painting with Green Liner. I'm only partly assembling him, so that I can more easily access the harder to reach spots.
Also the back legs don't fit well into the base he came with, so I'm thinking that I might need to make my own out of cork... And this was supposed to be a quick project... we'll see how I do.
Who's Online 6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)