Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Having spent the last 4 weeks away from any sort of miniatures (Fun vacation tho!), I'm super eager to paint again, and with my return flight being tomorrow, I thought I'd make this thread as a sort of documentation/to-do list. I want to clear my backlog because I'll be frank I'm sick of staring at unpainted plastic every day and I want to do something remotely productive in these remaining four weeks I have free. I have mostly Warhammer miniatures, though there is some Mantic and Reaper stuff in there.
First of all to be done is this charming fellow.
A Stormcast chap who I first tested sculpting fur on, which I'm reasonably happy with. A closer look at the fur, which does look like guacamole in this picture.
Right now it's a standard basecoat and drybrush fur, but I will re-doing the fur and wet blend it to something like what this fellow has.
Have a nice day!
Sure, I definitely feel like I already have enough WIP threads going, but at the same time hubby did ask me to work on this one for him, so why not. For some reason I was rather excited he asked me to paint her for him (he's painting the rest of his Circle Orboros Battlegroup Box (PIP 72094))... I blame her cape. It's a rather interesting looking one, filled with all sorts of details. Staff is quite nice too
^So here is where things start. Yup, it isn't the prettiest of jobs for gluing, especially where that staff meets the shoulder. It just wouldn't stick when I put it together, and I think at the time I didn't have my pinning stuff yet. Could be wrong, but for now that's the story I'm sticking with!
^While it was tempting to try and sculpt something, given she's already glued down, I figured I'd use a mix I had made up ages ago of various grades of what I think was Woodland Scenics ballast because it's quick, easy, convenient, and the grains are all sized slightly differently.... And that add a bit more later on, be it rocks and/or various bushes or whatever.
Right off the bat I'm going to say this: I so didn't get all of the seams, and I'm more or less okay with such. Sadly, a lot of them are in really odd places (who puts a seam in the middle of several cloak folds?)
^How things look now. Ahhh, Grey Liner, you're ever so useful it seems. It's pretty much become my go-to for priming, and I love how the colours seem to be somewhat different as they set along the various parts of the mini.
I do understand that having fully assembled her things will be difficult, but it was originally a mini hubby was going to paint, and he asked she be assembled... So I'm taking it as a challenge to undertake now, yes, let's go with that one! Going to be letting the liner dry and fully set/cure/whateverit'scalled and am hoping to spend a bit of time every night on her this week!
By Lidless Eye
Here's a big batch of miniatures, no common theme, that I finished recently.
The "Eyedra" assembled as the more generic Hydra option, from "Dark Platypus Games". Thanks to the Reaper Box of Goodwill for this one.
A Ral Partha "Dwarf Thief", more suited as a Gnome to modern scale, also acquired from the Box of Goodwill.
To celebrate their return to 5E in "Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes", a Giff, 3D printed from designs from the wonderful DM Workshop.
A Goblin Monk. I believe he's originally an Orcling from Foundry/Warmonger.
Another Goblin, perhaps an Alchemist. A Warhammer Snotling.
A Dire Pillbug, originally intended as a Myconid Mount, from "Ganesha Games", in their "Fightin' Fungi" range.
Also of note is the backdrop, which are my in progress 3D printed Caverns set from "Printable Scenery"
Who's Online 30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Lt. Coldfire
- Green Eyed Monster
- Lidless Eye