Sign in to follow this  
dunker79

14267: General Matisse,Overlords Warlord (updated)

18 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Like this a LOT, the simple glint on all the metal surfaces is very effective.

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Stunning !

Thanks  for the kind words guys!

• Like 1

You are really good at highlight and shadow location placement! That's the toughest part of NMM to me right now. 

C&C.... he needs eyebrows :poke:

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

You are really good at highlight and shadow location placement! That's the toughest part of NMM to me right now. 

C&C.... he needs eyebrows :poke:

I actively find ways to NOT paint eyebrows hehehe.

51 minutes ago, dice4hire said:

I cannot recall what this reminds me of, but you definitely nailed it. Great!

Thanks!! I imagine him as a spoke person for a shampoo company in a fantasy realm.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, DankDungeonMaster said:

Formidable! Love the flowing cape, looks like silk or satin. How do you get that effect?

I used gory red (09278) as base and a mix of gory red and black from Vallejo model colour as shadow. Highlights were gory red with white (reaper HD 29842). at this stage, things would look very pink.  I then glaze the whole thing with very thin layers of gory red and fresh blood (09279) to tie everything together and restore the redness. 

26 minutes ago, VolksFest said:

Truly fascinating! NMM is perfect and the satin look of the cape is uncanny. Well done!

Thank you for such kind words.

Edited by dunker79
  • Like 1

Amazing work. I'm loving the blends for the red on the front; smooth and clean. For the back side, the reds could use some shading in those curves.

10 hours ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

Very nice!  Love all that great NMM!

Don't be afraid to take the NMM up to Pure White (or very close), though for that extra glinty-ness!

Thanks for the advice. FYI, it was your red NMM vampire video that set me on the path of NMM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dunker79 said:

Thanks for the advice. FYI, it was your red NMM vampire video that set me on the path of NMM.

Thank you very, very much; I am truly honored and glad the video was inspirational!  ::): 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this